Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

Is Vardy writing his own film script?

Doubted by the stuffy England manager who refuses to give him a proper chance, but what's this... Harry's pulled muscles in his mouth that means he can't close it and needs to come off!

On comes Vardy in his place, scores the winner leads Eng-er-lund to victory.

Hodgson is a joke. How he can't see to play 4-4-2 with Kane and Vardy up top is beyond me. Play a diamond with Dier in front of back 4 and Alli behind the strikers. Roy is too busy trying to accommodate passenger Rooney and two overrated players in Sterling and Lallana.

We did look shite playing like this though. Had no width, But then that's not just cos of Vardy, Woy didn't take any wingers!! Kane, Vardy, Alli, Rooney are all England's better players but they all play similar positions.

Is Vardy writing his own film script?

Doubted by the stuffy England manager who refuses to give him a proper chance, but what's this... Harry's pulled muscles in his mouth that means he can't close it and needs to come off!

On comes Vardy in his place, scores the winner leads Eng-er-lund to victory.

Wouldn't surprise me if Vardy takes Kane's place by the end of the tourney (well it would as Woy is in charge) but the Kane bumming does get on my tits

We did look shite playing like this though. Had no width, But then that's not just cos of Vardy, Woy didn't take any wingers!! Kane, Vardy, Alli, Rooney are all England's better players but they all play similar positions.

I don't think it wasn't the case that the diamond formation didn't work, i think it was more of a case of accommodating a certain individual - it was played more of a 4-3-3 which we all know doesn't work.

In the past Vardy and Kane have paired together well and England have looked good because they are played as strikers - Ali is behind doing the link up play - last week was played as Rooney a deep forward rather than an advanced midfielder with Vardy and Kane both being pushed out to the wings to accommodate it, you could tell it didn't work plus it put Vardy and Kane out of position looking uncomfortable.

If that's the way Woy wanted to play with 2 wide forwards he shouldn't of put all his eggs in one basket and actually took wingers along with him to the euros. The team has no width - he didn't want to do that though because he will be forced to play only 1 striker (we all know that will be Wooney) and he doesn't not want to play Kane.

As I've said multiple times, round pegs in square holes - he has his favourites but can't find a formation to accommodate them

Not sure if i can believe that they would post the starting lineup so far in advanced of the game (havent read entire thread) so anything can change but at the same time im not surprised if thats what coont boy does.

Vardy get used to it mate it wil be this way for England and it will be this way at arsenal. Either not starting or starting in the wrong position.

If 4-3-3 is what woy wants to use then at least he has done the right thing and put Vardy on the bench. Wasted on the wing.

Just wait. We are losing 1-0. Vardy comes on and we have Vardy and Kane up front.

2-1 Vardy last goal has gotta be worth a punt

Being overlooked by Lallana or Sterling. Ffs Roy we have two strikers that have reached over 20+ goals this season but still you decide to play one up top!

Guys lost it.

When did he ever have it? He's never been good enough to be manager of England.

Takes 5 forwards and picks two, one of which is in central midfield, takes one winger (Sterling) who is shite anyway and then selects five in midfield. 

As we all said last week, there is no point playing Jamie out wide, he looks lost, and is likely to get frustrated and either get booked or injured.  Better to have him on the bench to come on with half an hour to go to run their tiring defence ragged.  Hopefully Roy then realises the 442 he goes to is much more effective and start that with Vardy when it matters.

As we all said last week, there is no point playing Jamie out wide, he looks lost, and is likely to get frustrated and either get booked or injured. Better to have him on the bench to come on with half an hour to go to run their tiring defence ragged. Hopefully Roy then realises the 442 he goes to is much more effective and start that with Vardy when it matters.

It's not the fact that Vardy isn't playing or else he would of been played out of position, it's more the fact he has been over looked.

Take out the last game where Vardy was played out of position he had scored in his last 3 games - up until Rooney returned the whole team moving forward looked more settled and threatening. Think it's more a case that Vardy has been withdrawn to accommodate Rooney - I know it's first game of the tournament but I'd like the team to give it ago against an average Russia, playing both Kane and Vardy would definitely put us on the front foot

He's never going to drop Rooney, he's the captain and Roy's champion. Even if Vardy came on for Rooney with 10minutes to go and scored a hatrick, Rooney would still start.

I'd rather see Vardy come on and change a game then play on the left and get frustrated. He is one of the top 2 centre forwards in England, but Sterling and Lallana are arguable better wide forwards. Leicester won the season by playing round pegs in round holes. If it wasn't for Rooney, Woy would probably be applauded for doing the same.

hodgson will play him if he's an arsenal player, but wont if he's a Leicester City player.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if hodgson is behind all this, telling him his selection is dependent on Vardy being with one of his favourite clubs. It's obvious be has a huge bias towards certain 'big' clubs.

My interest in England will be sweet FA if Vardy's transfer goes through.. (not that I was that excited anyway with that twat in charge). I will follow Austria, France and Wales, if LCFC players play. Otherwise I doubt I'll bother watching at all. 

I'd not be at all surprised if something along these lines happened. Notice how Delph gets in more on Man City's bench than when he was starting at Villa. Notice how Townsend is dropped once he leaves Spurs for Newcastle, again despite actually playing regularly and playing well for Newcastle.

I can't believe there are people who think it doesn't happen. It is that obvious.

As for England themselves, genuinely not too bothered how we perform. They'll get their comeuppance as they usually do. Can honestly say it's the least bothered I've ever been about a tournament from an England perspective. Just going in hoping for a good month of football.

Being overlooked by Lallana or Sterling. Ffs Roy we have two strikers that have reached over 20+ goals this season but still you decide to play one up top!

Guys lost it.

He also dropped the most in form midfielder in the country to take five forwards and play one of them in midfield in a 4-5-1.

Utterly spineless manager. It is only the crapness of others that will see us through.

Would be enjoyable losing 0-1 to Russia until minute 65 when jv comes on for crap Kane & scores a hattrick.

Biggest victory though would be exposing woy for the clueless cnut he is.

I'd not be at all surprised if something along these lines happened. Notice how Delph gets in more on Man City's bench than when he was starting at Villa. Notice how Townsend is dropped once he leaves Spurs for Newcastle, again despite actually playing regularly and playing well for Newcastle.

I can't believe there are people who think it doesn't happen. It is that obvious.

As for England themselves, genuinely not too bothered how we perform. They'll get their comeuppance as they usually do. Can honestly say it's the least bothered I've ever been about a tournament from an England perspective. Just going in hoping for a good month of football.

Your reply had me thinking.....

I wonder if Vardy has told hodgson he's interested in Arsenal to try and get in the team, knowing his chances are less if he stays? But all the time wanting to remain at Leicester? 

Think about it, and from what we've both said, it does make sense!

Townsend, Defoe, Drinkwater and even Albrighton have far better claims to the team than Henderson, Wilshire, Rashford and Rooney, plus they would give the team a far better balance........oh, I forgot, none of them play for Arsenal, Chelski, Man Ure, or spuds!!

Would be enjoyable losing 0-1 to Russia until minute 65 when jv comes on for crap Kane & scores a hattrick.

Biggest victory though would be exposing woy for the clueless cnut he is.

I'd rather he comes on for Rooney and then Vardy/Kane partnership clicks instantly in a front 2.

Vardy on the bench is better than him starting out wide. If he gets subbed on as an outside player, I'll be blessing Roy with all mannerisms of profanity.........could see Roy doing such a thing.

People saying prefer Vardy on the bench than on the wing, personally I think he should be starting.

I know it's a close call between him and Kane as the CF but I think Vardy offers more to the team rather than one man team Kane. Club season you can't really split them in terms of contribution but going into the euros Vardy is the more in form striker out of everyone

Good post. Spot on with everything.

The England call up is a joke and obvious, it's gone on for years - it's why we will never win anything again until it changes.

You look at other countries in the euros this year and they have dropped some big players (Spain obvious one) the FA are more bothered about sponsorship money than competition success

Archived