Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

When Russia equalised,can't say we didnt see it coming, i didn't feel the slightest twinge of anger or disappointment. Probably cos for once I wasn't looking to England to save my football season, following the usual domestic season of Leicester mediocrity or worse. It also showed again what a superb manager Raneri is, the way we calmly and efficiently saw out 1-0 win after 1-0 win unlike the shower we witnessed tonight

That was the worst Russia team I've ever seen and that's saying something.

Absolute dog turd and England couldn't beat them.

Everything about the England set up stinks to high heaven. There has got to be something going on when you win the league by 10 points and none of your English players can even get on the pitch, or in some cases in the squad. Even when they win the fvcking league, players from clubs like Leicester are overlooked by has beens and average players from Liverpool and the like. There are 6 or 7 players who are not in the squad purely based on who they play for.

Disgrace doesn't even cut it, it's almost like a conspiracy. But whatever, these injustices continue to result in failure and underachievement. I will wish England to be beaten until this culture is changed. It needs to start with England being humiliated, or at least disappointing - and Hodgson being sacked.

I don't know how any true Leicester fan can even support England tbh. You're essentially just supporting Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and the other big clubs we finished above this season. We're not only being disrespected, we're being weakened by this, as it's only so long before some of our players et the message that no Leicester player will be taken seriously, regardless of their achievements. And what are they going to do when they realise that?

Agreed.

It's no wonder players are driven to transfer to 'big' clubs.

Without even mentioning Leicester City players, think of how Defoe, Townsend, Noble etc must be feeling watching hodgson's tactics and squad selections, picking Rashford, Henderson, Wilshire, Stirling, Lallana even Wooney, etc over them? (OK Wooney played OK last night, but against a very poor Russian team, and he is obviously blinking hodgson's thinking).

Not using Vardy when Russia were obviously pushing was yet another example of how this twat is so utterly biased to 'big' clubs. Kane has a poor match (and what the F was he doing taking corners?) and he still doesn't bring Vardy on. It makes me wonder if JV wants desperately to stay at Leicester, but in his heart he knows he has little chance of playing for England on a regular basis unless he moves to Arsenal.

And wasn't it obvious, with so many spuds players on the pitch that they would bottle it in the last few minutes, just like they did in the league?

Don't think it will get any better either. When hodgson is sacked in 10 days time, we'll appoint another FA yes man and it'll be exactly the same.

Guest Cujek

To all the arseholes that want England to lose just because Vardy hasn't been included

You are pathetic!

You should be ashamed to call yourselves English!

Naught to do about Vardy not being included, It's about wanting to get Roy out and someone in who picks on form and clear tactics l, not just which team you play for.

Some truly ridiculous comments on here that smack of petulance. It's England. If you're English, you want them to win. It doesn't matter how much of a fool the manager is or how ridiculous his tactics are - it's England. What are you going to do - withdraw your support every time they pick a manager or team you don't like? It's the finals. It's where we want to be. I want us to win every game. Supporting your country is bigger than one man and his insane decisions. No matter how frustrating and annoying. Don't want to wait and see if we can do better the next time - I want us to win this tournament. This time. Now.

Anyone wanting thier country to lose for any reason is pathetic @@melrose is right on that score , you back your country over the cliff and even then you climb back up with them !

As an immigrant :) watching the England team last night I was horrified at the amount English people abusing their own players it was shocking !

Would never see a Mick/Jock/Taff behave like that

Bloody embarrassing !

That "loyal Leicester" flag looks a fecking joke at this stage

Some truly ridiculous comments on here that smack of petulance. It's England. If you're English, you want them to win. It doesn't matter how much of a fool the manager is or how ridiculous his tactics are - it's England. What are you going to do - withdraw your support every time they pick a manager or team you don't like? It's the finals. It's where we want to be. I want us to win every game. Supporting your country is bigger than one man and his insane decisions. No matter how frustrating and annoying. Don't want to wait and see if we can do better the next time - I want us to win this tournament. This time. Now.

Which ain't going to happen with that prick in charge.

Sorry if this comes as a surprise due to your support blinding you of that fact.

Anyone wanting thier country to lose for any reason is pathetic @@melrose is right on that score , you back your country over the cliff and even then you climb back up with them !

As an immigrant :) watching the England team last night I was horrified at the amount English people abusing their own players it was shocking !

Would never see a Mick/Jock/Taff behave like that

Bloody embarrassing !

That "loyal Leicester" flag looks a fecking joke at this stage

As if you as you say are an immigrant you should possibly know better than that. It is embarrassing

Woy is a total retard. Bringing on Milner just conceded more space to the. Russians . We had three breakaways after we scored and they went nowhere because Kane was gassed, Stirling is like a headless doll and Wilshire is as sharp as my ass!!

If he had pulled Stirling and put on Vards we would have gotten a second and their goal at the end would not have happened because their center half would have been on the halfway line and not in our six yard box. Simple.

Woy does not even have a plan A, let alone a plan B. If he had a brain he would have seen the value of Drinky as a plan B with Vards coming off the bench to stretch the Russians as they chased the game. With Drinks not on the plane he has screwed up totally.

Any one with half a footballing brain could see that the Russians were so awful that they would struggle in our League one. With two center backs that make Per Mertesaker and De Mechelis look like world beaters the game just cried out for Vards to be out there.

Simple question Roy, how many goals have Stirling and Lallana scored this last season? Were you expecting them to suddenly become reliable scorers.........idiot!!!

As I said before...if we do ok in this tournament it will be DESPITE Hodgson, not because of him. Though I wonder just how much he can fook up this talented squad of players. Wales are shite, for instance, but I'd not be surprised if we don't beat them

England played well yesterday and I can see the merits of the formation we played, but the inability to bring Vardy on cost England dear. Instead we went to hold on a game bringing Wilshere and Milner on, that England were in absolute control over. Taking Rooney off who was exceptional yesterday and not taking Kane off were the two biggest mistakes.

Sitting deep allowed what could be the worst attack in this tournament the chance to get onto us and have a chance. If I'm mistaken their goal was their only shot on target? 

Get in a decent situation, point gun at own foot, pull trigger, cry bad luck, it seems we share the scottish national team blueprint. Feel sorry for someof the players, Roy made the decision to withdraw and lockdown and challenged Russia to score, like a boxer showing his opponent his chin and refusing to throw any more attacking punches. If we don't top the group and get a tougher 2nd round game as a result don't let last night get swept under the carpet, he got it wrong, very wrong and let his players down with his decisions. In your words Roy, I think you're a top "ranking" manager.

Everything about the England set up stinks to high heaven. There has got to be something going on when you win the league by 10 points and none of your English players can even get on the pitch, or in some cases in the squad. Even when they win the fvcking league, players from clubs like Leicester are overlooked by has beens and average players from Liverpool and the like. There are 6 or 7 players who are not in the squad purely based on who they play for.

Disgrace doesn't even cut it, it's almost like a conspiracy. But whatever, these injustices continue to result in failure and underachievement. I will wish England to be beaten until this culture is changed. It needs to start with England being humiliated, or at least disappointing - and Hodgson being sacked.

I don't know how any true Leicester fan can even support England tbh. You're essentially just supporting Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and the other big clubs we finished above this season. We're not only being disrespected, we're being weakened by this, as it's only so long before some of our players et the message that no Leicester player will be taken seriously, regardless of their achievements. And what are they going to do when they realise that?

Brilliant post.. Says it all.

... Never forgiven Hoddle for his disgusting disabled comments ... ' being punished for a former life' ... such a disgraceful outlook and yet he still gets 'rewarded' by these plum paying commentary jobs, which quite frankly he is so blankly poor at that when coupled with his biased, prejudiced commentary makes silence more preferable for me!

You do realise this is what our owners believe! Along with the whole Buddhist faith... I agree his co-commentaries are poor and Spursy based... but knocking his belief no matter how stupid it is just seems weak. 

Which ain't going to happen with that prick in charge.

Sorry if this comes as a surprise due to your support blinding you of that fact.

No surprises - I've hung around on here long enough to know the range of perceptions that knock about on here. But I'd rather I was proved wrong about Roy and my country won a tournament than I was proved right and England lose. Again. Suspect you are right about likelihood of it, but I'd still want him to succeed at my expense any day of the week.

Very much agree Kitch

This (quote form Kitchandro post):

Greater chance of Rangers and Celtic merging than Kane being dropped for Vardy on Thursday.

Think Hodgson has been taken in by the London Press' over promoting of the Spurs team. This is a team that tired at the end of the season, bottled it big time and finished the season very badly. Too much has been put on the so called 'telepathic' Kane / Alli relationship.

I also think there is an agenda against Vardy in the media and possibly within the setup. I don't think Woy is happy at all with the ongoing transfer situation or the fact he took time off for the wedding. It was almost as if that Portugal game was a self fulfilling prophecy to drop Vardy for the Russia game - 'its ok, he didn't play very well' ignoring the fact that he was playing him out of position wheras Kane didn't play well at all.

I long for the day we get a common sense manager in. How difficult is it to pick a team on form? Half of the managers here would kill for a Vardy in their squad. I also don't get why we pay our coaches so much. Woy is the highest paid manager at the tournament, yet other nations select ex players with no experience or lower level managers and perform much better than we do - Loew, Klinsmann, Wilmots, spring to mind.

One of my mates made a valid point last night.

Hodgson is paid 5 mill quid a year (I'm sorry, but this in itself is disgusting), yet, if we crashed out of this tournament which club would go anywhere near him? Conte is continuing to run Italy and will then be off to Chelsea. The Russian boss is doing this for free! But he manages a top club in his native country.

If Woy gets sacked from England, he'd literally have a job to be taken on by a Championship club!

The annual salary of Hodgson vis a vis his managerial ability is bewildering. But it smacks of the way that the FA STILL is run as a closed shop with little touch on reality. The problem is bigger than the manager though. If Hodgson goes, we'll get someone else in, pay him obscene wages and the merry go round starts again.

After around 70 mins last night, we stood in the pub and looked at each other and literally all said in unison 'I bet he brings Milner on and doesn't sub Kane'.

If Woy is anything, it's predictable.

Greater chance of Rangers and Celtic merging than Kane being dropped for Vardy on Thursday.

Kane shouldn't be dropped. That's not the issue. 

Kane needs a strike partner, and that should be Vardy.

Hodgson is totally out of his depth. His set up is too defensive and his subs are too defensive.

I am now sure that Hodgson sees Vardy as an impact sub. Need a goal with 20 minutes to go? Bring Vardy on.

Trouble is, if we are chasing the game against someone like Germany or Spain, how much space will there be? We will come up against teams that are masters of closing a game out and it will be highlighted how clueless Woy is.

Archived