Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

The 2-3 million matters not. Can't people get it into their heads the sheer amount of money that the Prem clubs now have? 2-3 million at present is almost literally like 2-3 quid to Joe Public. Seriously. 

What matters here (and has he actually gone yet or not?) Is the club are losing one of their 'old guard'. A well respected, calm and confident man, a bloke who people feel reassured having around. AND a fella with a great eye for a player. I tend to liken the Pearson/Walsh dynamic a little to that of Clough/Taylor and wonder whether Pearson will be the same and do the same now that Walsh isn't with him anymore? Only time will tell on that.

But to lose Walsh would be a major blow simply to the fabric of how the club has operated in recent times. He's respected in the game, has been around the block and blokes like these are hard to come by. 2-3 mill compensation...means nowt in the big scheme of things.

31 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

business is business, its not about been all friends.

kante should have been told he can rot in the reserves or see out his contract wiht pride.

walsh should have been given a choice of gardening leave or carry on with us.

Completely disagree.

9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We can't hold him against his will you know! People have the freedom to do what they want, and I'm sure our club did everything they can to keep him. If Walsh wants to leave, get a promotion, take up a new challenge, and move closer to home, then so be it. He goes with my best wishes and we move on...

Agree 100% He gave us his best and wants to go. fine. besides, as someone said, the scouting isnt done by one man. maybe he wasn't the only great scout we have.

I'm not to concerned about Walshy II's departure.

He's done an absolutely phenomenal job for us which will never be forgotten. However, his strategy and tactics I am absolutely sure will continue. His philosophy seems to be so ingrained in the club now that I don't think his leaving is a concern...

I wish him all the best as can clearly see he wants a bigger role that is not possible at City. For whatever reason we can't offer it too him so fair play. 

Everybody just stop bloody panicking.

2 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Probably a silly suggestion but what about Giggs? Coach/scout he's bound to have some legitimate connections.........and I'm sure he's also got a lot of connections in football too.

Wants a management job.

The Leicester City scout completed a move to Everton on Wednesday.

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson and assistant Steve Walsh (L)Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson and assistant Steve Walsh (L)

According to the Mirror, Leicester City scout Steve Walsh personally asked the club’s owners to sanction his move to Everton.

The Foxes man completed a move to Everton on Wednesday, where he has taken up their newly created sporting director role.

The Toffees made a move for his services last week after seeing an attempt to lure Sevilla chief Monchi to the club knocked back by the Europa League champions earlier this summer.

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri with assistant manager Steve Walsh during trainingLeicester manager Claudio Ranieri with assistant manager Steve Walsh during training

The Premier League champions were not keen on losing one of their key personnel either and initially rejected Everton’s approach.

However, he was keen on the move and according to the Mirror, went to club owners the Srivaddhanaparabha family to personally ask them to reconsider their decision.

Leicester City chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in the standsLeicester City chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in the stands

They will be keen to get him to work as soon as possible as they look to make their mark in the summer transfer window.

While big name signings are expected, there will be hope he can continue to do the kind of business that saw him take the likes of N’Golo Kante and Riyad Mahrez to the Kingpower Stadium.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson and assistant Steve Walsh (L)Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson and assistant Steve Walsh (L)

According to the Mirror, Leicester City scout Steve Walsh personally asked the club’s owners to sanction his move to Everton.

The Foxes man completed a move to Everton on Wednesday, where he has taken up their newly created sporting director role.

The Toffees made a move for his services last week after seeing an attempt to lure Sevilla chief Monchi to the club knocked back by the Europa League champions earlier this summer.

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri with assistant manager Steve Walsh during trainingLeicester manager Claudio Ranieri with assistant manager Steve Walsh during training

The Premier League champions were not keen on losing one of their key personnel either and initially rejected Everton’s approach.

However, he was keen on the move and according to the Mirror, went to club owners the Srivaddhanaparabha family to personally ask them to reconsider their decision.

Leicester City chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in the standsLeicester City chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha in the stands

They will be keen to get him to work as soon as possible as they look to make their mark in the summer transfer window.

While big name signings are expected, there will be hope he can continue to do the kind of business that saw him take the likes of N’Golo Kante and Riyad Mahrez to the Kingpower Stadium.

And now we have photographic evidence it is all Rudkin's fault

When Nige went I think it was only a matter of time before Walsh and Shakey went too, they were all mates who had worked with eachother for the best part of a decade and had a really good working and personal relationship. Wouldn't surprise me to see Shakey going for and getting a managerial gig in League One soon as well.

9 hours ago, deep blue said:

As Walsh is 63 maybe he isn't such a loss - close to retirement and perhaps looking for his last big payday to boost his pension.

We must have been planning for his retirement and building up the expertise to replace him. I've just been reading up about out recruitment department and have found 64 year old Head Coach David Mills who has worked very closely with Walsh and will have lots of experience to pass on. Then there's David Johnson, ex-Ipswich striker, who we took on last December to scout at U21 level - he has had 4 years experience at Chelsea and has a reputation as a good judge of a player.

Looks like we have plenty of cover for Walsh leaving.

I think this is a very good point.  I heard a brief interview with David Pleat a few days ago who also said this and added that they both had significant inputs into the signing of Kante for instance.  The other point is that of course we still have our very successful system in place to identify possible targets.

Problem is his scouts lower down the line could end up at Everton as well as these guys tend to stick together.

Hopefully they put some conditions in like he can't take any of our other scouts with him.

10 minutes ago, Percy Thrower said:

Bring in some young blood. Ross Wilson. 

is this the chap at Southampton? if so, would he leave?! Reckon he would have gone to Everton to follow Ronald if he did want to leave

9 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

is this the chap at Southampton? if so, would he leave?! Reckon he would have gone to Everton to follow Ronald if he did want to leave

I would imagine contractually Southampton wouldn't have allowed that to happen. Same as we should be doing with SW's staff. 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Looks as if though they've appointed Keith Vaz as director of FA

Bloke in middle of second row looking at "adult material" ?

Archived