Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

Just now, JJS84 said:

We need a new signing to pick up our spirits. 

A big name marquee signing would do the trick. Now Walsh has left Rudkin can have his way and sign all those big names he's been chomping at the bit for.

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I just can't explain what's going on, just won the league and shortly going to be entering the champions league yet so many are wanting to jump ship. At the moment I'm finding difficult who to blame for all this. The owners I know are trying there very best, but is Claudio? 

Who are these 'so many' wanting to jump ship you speak of? All I've heard of so far is two - Kante and Walsh. And Walsh ain't even a player. If you want to blame someone, blame the individual. I'm sure they've got their own personal reasons (Kante never wanted to be here apparently, and always saw us as a one season stepping stone, and Walsh want's to move closer to family etc.) I'm sure the club are doing everything they can to couteract these offers, so they'll get no blame from me. 

7 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

We need a new signing to pick up our spirits. 

One of the Premier Leagues best central defenders has just signed a new 3 year contract with us. Is that enough to pick up your spirits? 

This could be a disaster, or it could turn out okay. It all depends on who we bring in, or whether we already have a good scout we can promote and keep hold of.

As I said earlier, I'm sure others at the club know which players we're after, so I doubt we'll be affected all that much for a year or two at least.

My concern is that as the whole system was set up by Walsh, if a few of the more senior guys in the talent acquisition team decide to follow, we're going to be left devoid of experience which is a major concern.

I'm really surprised that the owners haven't intervened on this. My only assumption is that there is a difference of opinion in terms of the profile of the player to be brought in. Whilst I'm sure the likes of Mendy and Musa will be great signings, they're not household names that will sell the LCFC brand on an international scale. As business people they may be looking at our signings and thinking that there isn't a great opportunity to commercially exploit there names for the greater good of the club. Winning the league may have raised their expectations in terms of the calibre of players we should be looking at, particularly if they are prepared to pay premium prices, I can imagine that it could be frustrating for them watching other teams who finished significantly lower than ourselves signing world class players if the instruction has been to spend big. Time will tell I guess, however I truly hope that we don't regret letting this very talented man go.

1 minute ago, ian_marshall said:

My concern is that as the whole system was set up by Walsh, if a few of the more senior guys in the talent acquisition team decide to follow, we're going to be left devoid of experience which is a major concern.

I'm really surprised that the owners haven't intervened on this. My only assumption is that there is a difference of opinion in terms of the profile of the player to be brought in. Whilst I'm sure the likes of Mendy and Musa will be great signings, they're not household names that will sell the LCFC brand on an international scale. As business people they may be looking at our signings and thinking that there isn't a great opportunity to commercially exploit there names for the greater good of the club. Winning the league may have raised their expectations in terms of the calibre of players we should be looking at, particularly if they are prepared to pay premium prices and I can imagine that it could be frustrating for them watching others teams who finished significantly lower than ourselves signing world class players if the instruction has been to spend big. Time will tell I guess, however I truly hope that we don't regret letting this very talented man go.

I don't think we need to worry ourselves about that - we've just caught the attention of the whole world with what we did last season; the LCFC brand has made an impact on all corners of the globe in a way that one or two star names won't do.

Besides, the whole point of what we achieved last season was that we did it with a team of unknowns, not major starts at least they weren't when we bought the,

'Leicester let Walsh leave for Everton'

Says it all for me. I'm absolutely gutted that he's gone. Probably the most important appointment we've made in a decade  (Inc.  Pearson & Ranieri) and he's been allowed to walk out and instantly strengthen a rival club. Galling.

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

'Leicester let Walsh leave for Everton'

Says it all for me. I'm absolutely gutted that he's gone. Probably the most important appointment we've made in a decade  (Inc.  Pearson & Ranieri) and he's been allowed to walk out and instantly strengthen a rival club. Galling.

We can't hold him against his will you know! People have the freedom to do what they want, and I'm sure our club did everything they can to keep him. If Walsh wants to leave, get a promotion, take up a new challenge, and move closer to home, then so be it. He goes with my best wishes and we move on...

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We can't hold him against his will you know! People have the freedom to do what they want, and I'm sure our club did everything they can to keep him. If Walsh wants to leave, get a promotion, take up a new challenge, and move closer to home, then so be it. He goes with my best wishes and we move on...

Exactly how I see it pal, I think the club come out of this looking top drawer, unlike some of our fans sadly! 

13 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We can't hold him against his will you know! People have the freedom to do what they want, and I'm sure our club did everything they can to keep him. If Walsh wants to leave, get a promotion, take up a new challenge, and move closer to home, then so be it. He goes with my best wishes and we move 

Obviously not, but respectfully I disagree in the sense that IMHO we should have moved heaven and earth - he is that important.  Everton made their approach at the weekend (albeit allegedly) and he looks set to sign tomorrow - that doesn't suggest to me that we've done everything possible to keep him. Whatever Everton are offering, we should be topping it. Yes it's closer to his family but he's been here for what 6 years so it can't have been too much of an issue. 

I get what you're saying when you say 'we move on' but can you honestly see us getting in someone with his pedigree?

I hope Walsh sees this as reward for his great 5 years of helping progress our club to what it is today. I thank him and wish him well and hope we're able to continue upwards.

Giggs as a replacement, assuming we want one, I would like. Grew up under fergy and assisted Moyes plus van gaal. Has unrivalled champs league experience as a player which would massively help this year

Lads no one is bigger than the club. People get offers and counter offers to change/stay in jobs all the time.

Maybe he thought he has done all he can here and it's time to move on to a new chapter.

Goes with my best wishes but I hope we make him see he made the wrong choice.

It's all over. As fans, we better make the most of the coming season. I can see why he might not be happy about the direction we're going in, personally think CR and Rudkin hold too much power. Walsh should have had more authority.

Maybe I'm wrong, not being all magnanimous about it but I'm absolutely gutted that two absolutely key members of the staff (playing and coaching) have left in less than a week. Wish I was as sanguine as some are about it all. 

1 hour ago, psychonaut said:

Yeah my bad - Google have his picture but walshy's (footballer) info on the Google profile.

Both Steve Walsh's are 51 (born in 1964).

Absolute horseshit of a move.  As no doubt others have said, the guy signed a new contract in May.  If he was so desperate to get back to the North West he'd have turned it down and signed for one of the million clubs up there.  I feel that something has gone off behind the scenes somewhat.

I also think the owners need to drop it with the good guy bullshit.  It's a dog eat dog business.  Don't we have a long term ambition too?  How does seeing our star assets being stripped with the absolute minimum of fuss look to the other members of staff at the club?  It would certainly look to me as if the club is now in a process of managed decline and that now is the time to get out ASAP or as soon as one of the more 'established' club shows half an interest.  

Get your act together guys and show some balls.  We're the mother****ing CHAMPIONS.

Archived