Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Just pissed off we can win the league and still have key players and staff poached.

What more do we have to do?

my thoughts exactly. Its almost as if we are just resigned to letting people go and so what!

So let me get this right.

Everton want Walsh. They approach us. We say no. Walsh sulks and says he wants to go 'home' and earn shit loads of money. We reluctantly let him go as there is no point keeping him here if he doesn't want to be here. Everyone blames Rudkin and the club!!!

Utter madness!!!

5 minutes ago, escos said:

So let me get this right.

Everton want Walsh. They approach us. We say no. Walsh sulks and says he wants to go 'home' and earn shit loads of money. We reluctantly let him go as there is no point keeping him here if he doesn't want to be here. Everyone blames Rudkin and the club!!!

Utter madness!!!

I guess the puzzling thing for most people is we are PL winners, CL to come and yet in spite of this and the 'ambition' of the club to build we seem incapable of retaining those that made significant contributions towards our success so far

Gutted, especially with the contract he just signed.

As painful as it is, the fact that he's getting a promotion at his hometown club (potentially the one he supports) obviously makes sense for him.

For anyone criticising, just imagine if the shoe were on the other foot, and you were at, say Stoke, who'd just won the league and then we come in and offer a promotion. How many of you could honestly say the lure of your boyhood club wouldn't win you over working with the team you were with?

18 minutes ago, heatherfox said:

my thoughts exactly. Its almost as if we are just resigned to letting people go and so what!

It's not like we've let players and staff go before.

The only difference here is the sentiment and romantic connection established by some.

Guest LCFC_World

Let's be honest, it wasn't just him that made us sign these players. He's been over hyped and now Everton fans suddenly think they will win the league. Who cares if he goes. The club is bigger than one man. C ya Stevie. 

What I don't get is Walsh leaving for Everton. Fair enough if he went to one of the powerhouses, but Everton? Maybe he wants a change of scenery and a new challenge after five years at Leicester. It's not like defending a title and competing at the highest echelon of European football is worth hanging around for...

Like I've said, his job is not so difficult. Yes, plenty of homework to be done and a full scale check list to be ticked off. But the trick is not just  finding the talent as bringing it to fruition. The bloke can be replaced. No trouble.  

14 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Gutted, especially with the contract he just signed.

As painful as it is, the fact that he's getting a promotion at his hometown club (potentially the one he supports) obviously makes sense for him.

For anyone criticising, just imagine if the shoe were on the other foot, and you were at, say Stoke, who'd just won the league and then we come in and offer a promotion. How many of you could honestly say the lure of your boyhood club wouldn't win you over working with the team you were with?

I'm only going off Wikipedia, so if i'm proven wrong then i'll more than happily admit i'm wrong, but apparently he's from Chorley, Lancashire, that's 50 minutes away from Everton, now he may or may not support them, but it's hardly his hometown, therefore potentially doesn't support them based on the logic you have used, personally I think the point you've highlight in that is irrelevant but even so I thought i'd pull you up on it.

I think we can all acknowledge that Kantè was potentially the best centre midfield player than we've ever seen at Leicester. Mendy isn't Kanté.

We've all seen the interviews where Walsh had to push Claudio to purchase him. 

His loss worries me, as CR may be a tactician, I don't think he's a talent spotter. 

Maybe he's annoyed we allowed NG to go? Maybe he isn't happy in the direction we're going. Everton are ambitious, they're potentially going to be chucking money around and making a lot of noise. 

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:
5 minutes ago, shen said:

What I don't get is Walsh leaving for Everton. Fair enough if he went to one of the powerhouses, but Everton? Maybe he wants a change of scenery and a new challenge after five years at Leicester. It's not like defending a title and competing at the highest echelon of European football is worth hanging around for...

It's not like we've let players and staff go before.

The only difference here is the sentiment and romantic connection established by some.

this is what I'm trying to say. We are supposed to have ambition and yet we seem to be letting our key people go. I hope (and trust) we have a contingency plan to cover this eventuality but have to say I'm concerned.

My question is who does the leg work for him? Someone in the recruitment department must seek out the players and form these dossiers for him to then go scout.

its not like he wanders around Europe with a tent turning up at random training grounds and finding gems. 

There's an entire department that finds players. 

Also so hasn't he openly admitted he found mahrez by seemingly accident, while he was scouting Ryan Mendes. 

Also so vardy and been found by other clubs a and so had Kantè, Marseille had found him, and weren't Arsenal keen on him prior to us. 

He's not the be all and end all of player recruitment, our structure still remains. Yes we need a new head scout to go do the leg work. 

And possibly a new assistant manager, not sure how much he did in that role, seeing as Shakespeare and that young Italian chap are also involved in the day to day running of he team. 

Fair enough, I'd only got that from skimming through here anyway. 

I still think if it was me and things were like the situation I mentioned, getting the chance to work for Leicester would top it all.

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

I think we can all acknowledge that Kantè was potentially the best centre midfield player than we've ever seen at Leicester. Mendy isn't Kanté.

We've all seen the interviews where Walsh had to push Claudio to purchase him. 

His loss worries me, as CR may be a tactician, I don't think he's a talent spotter. 

Maybe he's annoyed we allowed NG to go? Maybe he isn't happy in the direction we're going. Everton are ambitious, they're potentially going to be chucking money around and making a lot of noise. 

Winning the league, with CL round the corner, not enough for him, Wow, I hope Everton are gonna be pulling up some trees next season then because I fear for him that he'll be terribly disappointed.

4 minutes ago, heatherfox said:

this is what I'm trying to say. We are supposed to have ambition and yet we seem to be letting our key people go. I hope (and trust) we have a contingency plan to cover this eventuality but have to say I'm concerned.

Our owners are class acts, we will be fine :)

5 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

My question is who does the leg work for him? Someone in the recruitment department must seek out the players and form these dossiers for him to then go scout.

its not like he wanders around Europe with a tent turning up at random training grounds and finding gems. 

There's an entire department that finds players. 

Also so hasn't he openly admitted he found mahrez by seemingly accident, while he was scouting Ryan Mendes. 

Also so vardy and been found by other clubs a and so had Kantè, Marseille had found him, and weren't Arsenal keen on him prior to us. 

He's not the be all and end all of player recruitment, our structure still remains. Yes we need a new head scout to go do the leg work. 

And possibly a new assistant manager, not sure how much he did in that role, seeing as Shakespeare and that young Italian chap are also involved in the day to day running of he team. 

this we've built up a superb scouting/analyse team so as long as we've stipulated he's not aloud to poach any of them were good to go, i imagine we'll promote from within and just replace the promoted person

Archived