Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

Slightly worrying that he's been absent from Austria. Possibly gives substance to the story. Director of football could appeal to him I guess.

This would, arguably, be a similar blow to losing Kante should it happen.

Signed a new deal recently hasn't he so here's hoping!

Slightly worrying that he's been absent from Austria. Possibly gives substance to the story. Director of football could appeal to him I guess.

Perhaps he's doing his job, as a scout? Last time I checked he wasn't a fitness coach.

Why would our chief scout be scouting our own players?

He's off looking at the next Riyad/Vardy/Kante

Not seen in Austria is nothing too alarming to me, neither is "not seen around the club".

Now I know he does a great job but that doesn't mean I know exactly what his role entails, perhaps he's doing some scouting elsewhere or dealing with potential transfers.

Why would the want the best scout in the game as DoF? Hi Steve do you want a job that marginalises your activity in what you are good at and throws a whole load of other shit on your plate? No? We'll pay you 1 billion pounds!!!!

Next they will be after Rudkin as a scout...

Why would the want the best scout in the game as DoF? Hi Steve do you want a job that marginalises your activity in what you are good at and throws a whole load of other shit on your plate? No? We'll pay you 1 billion pounds!!!!

Because they see it as a way of getting the best scout in the game. Bill it as a promotion, more control, more influence etc.

Just my gut feeling, but I doubt Walsh has the sort of influence he had with Nigel as he does with Ranieri. I'm sure he's still running the scouting side the same, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if his influence on other matters has decreased.

I suppose it will all come down to money.

I'm sure he'd stay here if the money was the same but they may be prepared to blow his current deal out the water.

Quality of recruitment is probably the most important thing at a football club, it's imperative you have the best man in that job and we probably have.

Depends how you define director of football. If he's in an office overseeing the analysts and instructing the scouts, deciding who to sign, that would fall under that umbrella surely?

Maybe he's seen all his signings having massive pay rises and thinks he deserves a bit more as well? Who know? Just because Everton want him, doesn't mean he's interested.

Because they see it as a way of getting the best scout in the game. Bill it as a promotion, more control, more influence etc.

Just my gut feeling, but I doubt Walsh has the sort of influence he had with Nigel as he does with Ranieri. I'm sure he's still running the scouting side the same, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if his influence on other matters has decreased.

In what way?

I doubt he ever has that much of a say in tactics but I'm also quite sure that Ranieri never "blackballs" any signing that Walsh really wants to make. Horses for courses and whilst they may offer an opinion in each others field of expertise I'm sure they settle on Ranieri picks the team an tactics and Walsh picks the players to buy.

Archived