Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

Despite what many will think, Walshy is working for the club. He isn't a fan. it's his job. Everton are a bigger club than we are. especially so to a man of walshy's age. It's an opportunity to move back to where his roots are. and I expect they are willing to pay him more than we are.

Just a shame we are appealing for loyalty from our players at the same time that the assistant manager is jumping ship! Not good timing at all.

I want this weekend to end. I want to see ryhad smiling as he trains, Steve Walsh whispering in Claudio's ear and everyone getting on as usual.

Can't help but think that the piranhas are ready to bite, and that there is a sense we have out-stayed our welcome partying at the top table.

Despite what many will think, Walshy is working for the club. He isn't a fan. it's his job. Everton are a bigger club than we are. especially so to a man of walshy's age. It's an opportunity to move back to where his roots are. and I expect they are willing to pay him more than we are.

Just a shame we are appealing for loyalty from our players at the same time that the assistant manager is jumping ship! Not good timing at all.

in today's climate Everton aren't any bigger than us. Their commercial income won't be much bigger than ours. There new owner isn't as rich as ours.

I'd also suggest that there is barely a player in the world who would join Everton but wouldn't join Leicester, we're more or less at the same level when looking for players. There's nothing at Everton that Walsh couldn't do at Leicester, the only reason he goes IMO is for more responsibility or money.

in today's climate Everton aren't any bigger than us. Their commercial income won't be much bigger than ours. There new owner isn't as rich as ours.

I'd also suggest that there is barely a player in the world who would join Everton but wouldn't join Leicester, we're more or less at the same level when looking for players. There's nothing at Everton that Walsh couldn't do at Leicester, the only reason he goes IMO is for more responsibility or money.

I agree with this, except to add if he wants to return to the north west where he comes from?

Everton are a bigger club to a man of his age, well i'm 50 so do I include the likes of Derby,Forest,Leeds,Villa and Sheff Weds as also being bigger than us or do I use the term were a bigger club than us. Everton were arguably the worst team to visit the KP last year and we really should have put 6 or 7 past them. Their star players look to be leaving and cannot honestly say many of their players would get into our starting 11 unless we changed our style of play, Maybe Stones, maybe Lukaku, don't think Barklay.

Have spent to much of my life selling and reading newspapers and quickly learned they all have their own agendas and they all need to generate stories true or false to help sell them. As a club we are ideal for stories we say very little we deny or confirm very little. Walsh is a fantastic scoop as well because very few people know him yet his credentials are second to none so it is like extra brownie points. Know little about his personal life other than he does sometimes have a quiet drink with Birchy. He was of course off last year with NP but that didn't happen. Now Everton may have targeted him he may go but the story does seem somewhat padded out with the homesick bit as lets be honest he has a bloody funny job for someone who is homesick.

Can't really use the homesick for the North excuse, it's not that bloomin far from Leicester, now if he lived down here and travelled up like we do for City games he could whinge, but it's all about the money unfortunately....

Up the City...

They are paying Koeman £7m a year so I'm sure Walsh will be on big money as DoF. It's not necessarily about club size. They are a decent club but the money and job title are better than what he has here. TRAITOR SNAKE RAT HOPE HE DIES

They are paying Koeman £7m a year so I'm sure Walsh will be on big money as DoF. It's not necessarily about club size. They are a decent club but the money and job title are better than what he has here. TRAITOR SNAKE RAT HOPE HE DIES

And how do we know he isn't on serious money here

Everyone saying Everton are a bigger club.... No they ain't. They have less chance of winning the PL next season that we do (just look at bookies odds). People blabber on about history etc and it's a load of boll*cks.

It's embarrassing how many LCFC fans talk about other teams being 'bigger than us' all the time. At this current time we are one of the most popular clubs in world football.

Is he actually leaving?

Only reason I can see him leaving is if the hierarchy at the club aren't consulting him as much on new signings. For example, SW may not have wanted Mendy but Ranieri did.

My worry is that the scouts clearly know what we need. Once again we've signed long-term targets that were on our radar before we even dreamt of a title win. Our scouts know what they're looking for and it's worked.

Without Walsh would we see more Inler type signings now? Big names but not necessarily big impact players?

If Walsh goes, I do hope the system we have in place can continue without him. If we promote from within it might aid continuity and then we can appoint junior scouts to learn the system we have.

I dare say we've been spoiled in recent years and I'm dreading the days when we fritter away tens of millions on average players just to try and keep up with big boys, like Liverpool have been doing for years.

Walsh is such a key figure at the club. Losing him could be devastating for the club without a good replacement.

Which got me thinking. How do you go about finding the best scouts? How do you scout a scout? I guess you look at which clubs find the players who get sold for the biggest profit and find out who spotted them.

Having said that, I'm sure we have other good scouts already at the club if Walsh had any say in their signing with us. Perhaps they'd know best how to find the next Steve Walsh.

Next we will have Everton linked  with our stewards and catering staff, also not having this he wasn't at the training camp as sure proof of his imminent departure. We have just sold a player for nearly 3 x our previous transfer record and we have broke our own transfer record twice in a week which to my naive mind suggests he could well have been quite busy doing the job he loves.

If Steve Walsh is all he's cracked up to be and the evidence is quite damning that he is then the club can't afford to let him leave for Everton because they'll pay the market rate for him and we won't. Just like the reported £80,000 a week offer for Mahrez which is a slap in the face for the PFA POTY when Vardy and Kante were offered £100k+.

Kante was a bridge too far to match Chelsea's £150k a week offer but we have to take care of our prized assets and pay them the market rate if we want to keep them and not try and keep them on the cheap. I'm all for money management and I'm not one of these that think "pay it, £10m is nothing to us, blah, blah, blah".

There are certain squad members that I don't mind playing hardball with a take it or leave it offer but we have to pay our prized assets their market value if we want to compete at the top end of the PL.

I don't think we are the best judges of whether we are a 'bigger' club than anyone else. Likewise, neither are those who support the club we are comparing to.

if you asked a group of unattached supporters if Leicester are a bigger club than Everton then I know what the answer would be. It's not just about the previous season. or the previous two or three seasons necessarily.

IF we have a decent CL campaign and qualify for Europe through the PL and they are wallowing around mid table then people will start to re assess but we would need to build on last season for several years and Everton would need to stay where they are before we began to pull ahead.

Man city were already big club before the money came in. One of the 'sleeping Giants'. There are others but they have probably been asleep for too long now.

Going back to Walsh, no one knows the dynamics between him and Claudio. It appears very amicable but behind closed doors, it could be quite business like. As i said before, the timing is bad when you are asking players to show loyalty.

I know that top was in Austria last pre season as it tied in with Claudio's appointment. What about the one before? Were we in Austria 2014? Do we read anything into the owners visit on Thursday for the group photo ? (Obviously without Walsh).

Perhaps it was an opportunity for them to have a chat with some of the players - put their minds at rest so to speak. most of them will have a fairly close relationship with Walsh.

Hopefully, events this week ahead of the celtic friendly will go some way to reassuring us all that we remain on track. despite some feeling that the club is not interested in our emotional state, they did release the news of vardy staying before it was necessary.

NG was apparently always leaving so we currently sit exactly where we expected to be. It's only the possible departure of Walsh that is tricky. let's hope shakey doesn't lose his motivation to stay!

Archived