Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

If he does go to Everton and they are linked with any player perhaps we should do what other clubs it seems want to do to us wait until it comes out in the press that they are after a certain player then we go in with an offer.

Next we will have Everton linked  with our stewards and catering staff, also not having this he wasn't at the training camp as sure proof of his imminent departure. We have just sold a player for nearly 3 x our previous transfer record and we have broke our own transfer record twice in a week which to my naive mind suggests he could well have been quite busy doing the job he loves.

ve y nice round up katie

Hello, Everton fan in peace here! Congratulations on winning the league last season. Well deserved. I was rooting for you from Christmas onwards when it was apparent you were serious contenders. I was there in the stadium on the day you were crowned champions against Everton too - I've been going to Everton matches home & away for over 30 years and that was one of the craziest days ever due to all the celebrations etc.

From an EFC fan view, the Steve Walsh thing has come completely out of the blue. As I'm sure you all know, we were taken over in February by Farhad Moshiri, an Iranian Billionaire (formerly a long time shareholder at Arsenal who Kroenke refused to give a seat on the board to) who bought 49% of the club (the majority shareholding, the rest of the shareholding is split being other people, all with no more than 12%, so Moshiri is in charge) resulting in a big mood change and sense of optimism amongst EFC fans. This fella means business, hence sacking Martinez abruptly (one season too late, should have gone last summer!) and ruthlessly targeting and attaining Koeman. There are also major plans in the pipeline for him to clear our debt, increase his stake holding and build a brand new stadium, something many of us have wanted for well over 20 years now and have never realistically had the money to do so until now. 

I saw a few comments earlier in the thread calling us a 'horrible club throwing money around' which a) to most EFC fans is hilarious given we've had no real investment in the club, up to now, for about 25-30 years; and b) is quite unfair, given other than attracting Koeman, we've signed no-one yet apart from a back up keeper for hardly anything.

Given how much Leicester have been transformed thanks to your billionaire owners over the past few years, I'm quite surprised how some are being quite negative about a billionaire transforming Everton. Other than of course, annoyance you'd have another contender in and around the top 4/6 (hopefully). Its worth bearing in mind that Everton have also been in the top 8 for 8 out of the past 10 years, challenging for Europe every year (and in that time, have been to Wembley 4 times as well in 3 semis & a final), so the idea we're a mid-table club is solely based on the last 2 years of terrible underachievement which ultimate cost the manager his job. The last 2 years were the exception, not the rule, hence a lot of EFC bemusement (and amusement) over all the 'are EFC a big club' stuff. 

As for Steve Walsh, clearly hes a terrific asset and I can see why you'd not want him to leave. We initially targeted Monchi at Seville for the Director of Football role but he apparently turned us down. The local press have described the role itself as the DOF to suggest transfer targets for Koeman to then decide whether or not to sign, similar to what he did at Southampton. It's basically a fancy term for Chief Scout, so Walsh would be doing the same job if he decides to come.

I noticed yesterday that it's not just John Percy reporting this now, that Sam Wallace the Telegraph's Chief Football Writer said that it might be a 'go-er' and that Leicester are apparently 'resigned' to it happening. Great for us like, if it happens.

I genuinely do hope the rest of your team doesn't break up though. The exact same thing happened with Blackburn after they won the title in 1995, the 'big boys' stripped them of their best players and within 4 years they were relegated. Hope that doesn't happen to you. Without sounding patronising (apologies if I am, I know what it's like to be patronised given the media attitude to us most of the time!) but it's good for the game to have you up there and gives hope to clubs who aren't media darlings. You made fools out of the media last year and exposed their big club bias/prejudices and long may it continue. Just not when you play Everton!  :)  All the best boys.

I've done some digging via a friend of a friend. I'm not ITK so don't shoot me if he leaves.

apparently, Walshy is v happy at LCFC.

he could have gone to another club recently but chose to stay.

He gets on well with Claudio and vice versa

The only reason he would leave is if the money is silly. we aren't talking players here. Money really does matter to a man like Steve Walsh.

If he isnt going why are the press making up so much crap? they not doing this to other clubs.  If everything in the press is true we losing 60% of our first team and our chief scout.  Absolute chaotic.

It is like we been punished for breaking the status quo.

I want this weekend to end. I want to see ryhad smiling as he trains, Steve Walsh whispering in Claudio's ear and everyone getting on as usual.

Can't help but think that the piranhas are ready to bite, and that there is a sense we have out-stayed our welcome partying at the top table.

its as if all the big clubs had a meeting with each other and came to a plan on how to pick us apart.

Not sure if TalkSport is reliable.

They were doing a roundup of the business for every prem team. They were saying stones to Man city is a done deal. This wasn't the website which I know is unreliable. This was reports from the North West

If he isnt going why are the press making up so much crap? they not doing this to other clubs. If everything in the press is true we losing 60% of our first team and our chief scout. Absolute chaotic.

It is like we been punished for breaking the status quo.

This shitty press bollocks really started at the end of last season when the London media Mafia were desperate for us to not win the title

Now we have won it they are determined to ruin the dream

I'll believe it when I see it regards Walsh leaving for Everton.

If he goes there then the only reason will be for more money as Everton can't offer him anything more than Leicester.

If he did leave it's either because the owners think he's overrated or they've made a monumental error in judging his worth to the club. If Walsh is all he's cracked up to be and Vardy, Mahrez and Kante weren't total flukes then pay the man what he is worth.

I'd be very surprised if the board let him go. Purely from a business perspective he adds lots of value to the business. He's probably one of the few people within the club you can confidently say name your price to as his contribution is guaranteed to bring in more than what it costs to retain him.

We lose Walsh then we're in the championship in the next three years. Simple. All our big players will jump shit and we'll spend big money on shite big name players

Kin'ell mate get the rope now!

It's very true

Claudio didn't fancy NG

Without Walshy pushing it, we probably wouldn't have signed him

Potentially no PL title and no 26 mill windfall

The owners would be nuts to play hard ball but I'm getting a feeling that they quite enjoy doing so ....::

Hopefully events this week will put paid to such thoughts

Archived