Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If Fourth Official says he's gone then he's most likely gone. He doesn't tend to stick his neck out like that unless he's pretty sure. 

Wasn't it him who said Cambiasso had signed his new contract... then he went. They've been wrong on loads for years.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

And no offence to Everton in the slightest but what have they done in the past 5-15 years? Nothing.

I could of begrudgingly accepted Kantes motivations but not this.

Presumably that's why they want to bring him in?

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

"IF" he goes. we'll still have the analysts to identify the targets, we just need another scout to assess the players in action. Surely it's not beyond Claudio and the club to find someone who can rate players?

The analysts sent him to watch Ryan Mendes... he spotted Mahrez. This stuff isn't that easy sadly.

Just now, Babylon said:

The analysts sent him to watch Ryan Mendes... he spotted Mahrez. This stuff isn't that easy sadly.

I never said it was easy but surely Walsh isn't the only person can spot a player.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Wasn't it him who said Cambiasso had signed his new contract... then he went. They've been wrong on loads for years.

Oh I'm not saying it's a dead cert, of course he could be wrong. I'm just saying I've followed him on twitter a good few years now and he doesn't get much wrong at all. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

And no offence to Everton in the slightest but what have they done in the past 5-15 years? Nothing.

I could of begrudgingly accepted Kantes motivations but not this.

To be fair in this case, Director of Football is definitely a step up, if he does really want the position it's our job to up the deal, I reckon he'd do a much better job than Rudkin ever could.

WTF would we let him go?! Why would he want to go?!! If we're throwing tens of millions around on players why not pay the man whatever he wants! Pay him as much as it takes for him to stay.

If they've tried to do all of the above then it must be for personal reasons - or- disagreements behind the scenes..

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

To be fair in this case, Director of Football is definitely a step up, if he does really want the position it's our job to up the deal, I reckon he'd do a much better job than Rudkin ever could.

Sadly I don't see our board being that ruthless.

Rudkin's part of the furniture and they'd sooner let players be flogged on the cheap and other staff leave than upset him and sack him.

11 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Calm down. No need for 4 posts in 6 minutes because bloody 4th official has said something. They spout bollocks all the time. 

I'll post however often I like you're not the Foxetalk Police you know

Just to put this into some sort of normal working environment context. This is a promotion, whether it is to a club that are currently operating above us or not, it's still a promotion, and a chance to develop a club from the ground up at a time where they're being heavily invested in.

When he joined here, we were exactly that club, and he helped build us up.

I can promise you that if I was offered a promotion tomorrow and it happened to be at a developing company in the same market, there's a very high chance i'd take it, because it offers the chance to create your own blueprint.

Unless we offer him Rudkins role, then why would he stay? A promotion is a promotion, just look at Idiakez. 

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Chill out everyone, Fourth Official are known to be attention seekers at times and could be stab in the dark at something that is rumoured anyway. They did the same with Cambiasso and it back-fired.

They had leicester info one time and lost it.... But they have always been on the ball with Everton info....

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just to put this into some sort of normal working environment context. This is a promotion, whether it is to a club that are currently operating above us or not, it's still a promotion, and a chance to develop a club from the ground up at a time where they're being heavily invested in.

When he joined here, we were exactly that club, and he helped build us up.

I can promise you that if I was offered a promotion tomorrow and it happened to be at a developing company in the same market, there's a very high chance i'd take it, because it offers the chance to create your own blueprint.

Unless we offer him Rudkins role, then why would he stay? A promotion is a promotion, just look at Idiakez. 

Whilst I would agree with that, I was told he was more than happy in his current role.  Rudkin is our D of F. In his pristine suit, sitting next to Vichai and wining and dining the opposition directors and Keith vaz. 

Walshy sitting back of the directors box in his tracksuit with his laptop, on the wire to stowell communicating re the tactics etc. And into added time, he's at the side of the pitch, high giving the boys as they come off. 

He looks to me like he prefers the tracksuit to the three piece version. 

If if he goes, it's not because it's a promotion, it's because of the money (he won't say that btw - he'll say what you posted)

Just now, st albans fox said:

Whilst I would agree with that, I was told he was more than happy in his current role.  Rudkin is our D of F. In his pristine suit, sitting next to Vichai and wining and dining the opposition directors and Keith vaz. 

Walshy sitting back of the directors box in his tracksuit with his laptop, on the wire to stowell communicating re the tactics etc. And into added time, he's at the side of the pitch, high giving the boys as they come off. 

He looks to me like he prefers the tracksuit to the three piece version. 

If if he goes, it's not because it's a promotion, it's because of the money (he won't say that btw - he'll say what you posted)

Also completely understand your point, but really Rudkin isn't a DOF, he's just fallen into the role and become the person you describe above. A good DOF is someone like the former Barcelona guy at Man City who is involved in absolutely everything from their impressive youth set up to transfers. The role is what you make it IMHO. 

if he has gone then someone at the club is not fighting hard enough to keepimportant staff its them he/she who should be moved on,lets put a bid in for the younger scout that Arsenal poached off us

Archived