Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Steve Walsh.

I'll believe it when I see it regards Walsh leaving for Everton.

If he goes there then the only reason will be for more money as Everton can't offer him anything more than Leicester.

If he did leave it's either because the owners think he's overrated or they've made a monumental error in judging his worth to the club. If Walsh is all he's cracked up to be and Vardy, Mahrez and Kante weren't total flukes then pay the man what he is worth.

Is the 'Director of Football' position higher than his current role?

Somebody write an open letter to the owners to pay the man what he wants / and what he's worth for that matter. I don't know how much he's on now but if happily pay him 2mill a year

He just made the club £25m last year with Kante.

How much extra could we cash in for Vardy and Mahrez?

What have his other signings made if we cashed in?

How much extra have we made with his signings getting us promotion and winning the league?

Pay the man his worth before someone else will.

All of these threads could easily be lumped into one, under the heading of 'pointless and panicked speculation by people worrying about things they cannot affect.'

For goodness sakes, guys, it's just effing football.

What's the point in a forum if it's "just football" ?

Kante has gone but again the club were hinting for a long time that one player would leave. Has Walsh or Mahrez gone, has Chilwell gone because he has been going for about 6 months. Not sure I have heard anyone say they are leaving and that includes Kante because he didn't say goodbye. It will be a scary day when people start believing everything they read or hear on the media if you want to know what is really going on start reading Private Eye.

Last year after the great escape the owner was going on about spending £180 million on getting a top 6 position and then went and sacked our best manager and got Susan Whelan to come and tell us they knew what they were doing when they brought in an old failure from the Greek national side and asked us to give them time and trust them. Have they delivered, have they met expectations shall we begrudgingly admit they got it right. These are massive times for our club so why do so many of us think they are not doing or trying to get it right.

The easiest way to calm everybody down is to get a City fan Arlo White,Gary Lineker or Geoff Peters to have get an interview with Top and just ask one question, would you like to see Messi,Ronaldo,Saurez, Neymar,Bale,Kane, Dier, Hazard in a Leicester shirt? Pretty sure Top would say yes he would like some of them if not all. Then go to the London media get them to look into how much money the owners actually have and when they bother to find out they can start running stories on the lines of "Billionaire Thai owners plan £500 million splurge on players for little Leicester" and the stupid thing is there is would be more substance to this than some of the rumours going around at the moment. Top has said he wants them, the club can afford them so put 2 and 2 together.

Nobody can take away what we achieved (London media apart who still maintain Arsenal and Spurs lost it rather than we won it) so I am still going to trust the board and believe them rather than trust the media about us. Also believe the latest thing to confirm Walsh going to Everton is the admission he liked Z cars

Hello, Everton fan in peace here! Congratulations on winning the league last season. Well deserved. I was rooting for you from Christmas onwards when it was apparent you were serious contenders. I was there in the stadium on the day you were crowned champions against Everton too - I've been going to Everton matches home & away for over 30 years and that was one of the craziest days ever due to all the celebrations etc.

From an EFC fan view, the Steve Walsh thing has come completely out of the blue. As I'm sure you all know, we were taken over in February by Farhad Moshiri, an Iranian Billionaire (formerly a long time shareholder at Arsenal who Kroenke refused to give a seat on the board to) who bought 49% of the club (the majority shareholding, the rest of the shareholding is split being other people, all with no more than 12%, so Moshiri is in charge) resulting in a big mood change and sense of optimism amongst EFC fans. This fella means business, hence sacking Martinez abruptly (one season too late, should have gone last summer!) and ruthlessly targeting and attaining Koeman. There are also major plans in the pipeline for him to clear our debt, increase his stake holding and build a brand new stadium, something many of us have wanted for well over 20 years now and have never realistically had the money to do so until now. 

I saw a few comments earlier in the thread calling us a 'horrible club throwing money around' which a) to most EFC fans is hilarious given we've had no real investment in the club, up to now, for about 25-30 years; and b) is quite unfair, given other than attracting Koeman, we've signed no-one yet apart from a back up keeper for hardly anything.

Given how much Leicester have been transformed thanks to your billionaire owners over the past few years, I'm quite surprised how some are being quite negative about a billionaire transforming Everton. Other than of course, annoyance you'd have another contender in and around the top 4/6 (hopefully). Its worth bearing in mind that Everton have also been in the top 8 for 8 out of the past 10 years, challenging for Europe every year (and in that time, have been to Wembley 4 times as well in 3 semis & a final), so the idea we're a mid-table club is solely based on the last 2 years of terrible underachievement which ultimate cost the manager his job. The last 2 years were the exception, not the rule, hence a lot of EFC bemusement (and amusement) over all the 'are EFC a big club' stuff. 

As for Steve Walsh, clearly hes a terrific asset and I can see why you'd not want him to leave. We initially targeted Monchi at Seville for the Director of Football role but he apparently turned us down. The local press have described the role itself as the DOF to suggest transfer targets for Koeman to then decide whether or not to sign, similar to what he did at Southampton. It's basically a fancy term for Chief Scout, so Walsh would be doing the same job if he decides to come.

I noticed yesterday that it's not just John Percy reporting this now, that Sam Wallace the Telegraph's Chief Football Writer said that it might be a 'go-er' and that Leicester are apparently 'resigned' to it happening. Great for us like, if it happens.

I genuinely do hope the rest of your team doesn't break up though. The exact same thing happened with Blackburn after they won the title in 1995, the 'big boys' stripped them of their best players and within 4 years they were relegated. Hope that doesn't happen to you. Without sounding patronising (apologies if I am, I know what it's like to be patronised given the media attitude to us most of the time!) but it's good for the game to have you up there and gives hope to clubs who aren't media darlings. You made fools out of the media last year and exposed their big club bias/prejudices and long may it continue. Just not when you play Everton!  :)  All the best boys.

I must say I've never detected any anti-Everton feeling here, aside from that comment you are referring to, but then you are trying to pinch our secret weapon.  On the whole I would say there is no ill feeling between our clubs and a lot of goodwill has been generated by the Everton fans that gave up their seats for City fans for the title celebrations which we should not forget in a hurry.

As for us and our own 'billionaire owners' you should know that our starting 11 cost 25mn - Scmeichel 1mn, Vardy 1mn, Mahrez 400k, Fuchs free, Albrighton free etc - no one can accuse us of buying the league.  In fact it was more down to Steve Walsh's scouting, not a spending spree.

11 hours ago, katieakita said:

Kante has gone but again the club were hinting for a long time that one player would leave. Has Walsh or Mahrez gone, has Chilwell gone because he has been going for about 6 months. Not sure I have heard anyone say they are leaving and that includes Kante because he didn't say goodbye. It will be a scary day when people start believing everything they read or hear on the media if you want to know what is really going on start reading Private Eye.

Last year after the great escape the owner was going on about spending £180 million on getting a top 6 position and then went and sacked our best manager and got Susan Whelan to come and tell us they knew what they were doing when they brought in an old failure from the Greek national side and asked us to give them time and trust them. Have they delivered, have they met expectations shall we begrudgingly admit they got it right. These are massive times for our club so why do so many of us think they are not doing or trying to get it right.

The easiest way to calm everybody down is to get a City fan Arlo White,Gary Lineker or Geoff Peters to have get an interview with Top and just ask one question, would you like to see Messi,Ronaldo,Saurez, Neymar,Bale,Kane, Dier, Hazard in a Leicester shirt? Pretty sure Top would say yes he would like some of them if not all. Then go to the London media get them to look into how much money the owners actually have and when they bother to find out they can start running stories on the lines of "Billionaire Thai owners plan £500 million splurge on players for little Leicester" and the stupid thing is there is would be more substance to this than some of the rumours going around at the moment. Top has said he wants them, the club can afford them so put 2 and 2 together.

Nobody can take away what we achieved (London media apart who still maintain Arsenal and Spurs lost it rather than we won it) so I am still going to trust the board and believe them rather than trust the media about us. Also believe the latest thing to confirm Walsh going to Everton is the admission he liked Z cars

To be fair, great post

11 hours ago, katieakita said:

Z Victor 1 to Base.. Over.... 

price of success i am afraid, everyone wants our players,everyone wants our coaching staff,everyone wants our scouting staff other teams our looking at us and are so envious of how we got success so if they cannot beat us they will try to poach from us it is just so pathetic from the other teams and shows how desperate they really are

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

No I've clearly not read it Babs

people speaking as if Cruyff to Everton is happening? Take it only as back up if Walsh says no? Ooh fvck

"Jordi Cruyff: Johan’s son set for Everton director of football role if Toffees cannot land Leicester’s Steve Walsh

EVERTON will turn to Jordi Cruyff if they fail to land Leicester’s Steve Walsh as director of  football. Walsh is Toffees boss Ronald Koeman’s first choice, even though he signed a new deal with the Foxes six weeks ago. And contact has been made with former Manchester United midfielder Cruyff, 42, in case Walsh decides to stay with the Premier League champions.

Cruyff is director of football at Israeli outfit Maccabi Tel Aviv and has helped turn them back into a dominant force after a decade in the wilderness. The son of late Dutch legend Johan,  Cruyff previously worked at AEK Larnaca in Cyprus. He has rejected offers from Germany and England in the past but could be tempted by Everton if they make a concrete proposal."

Archived