Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

N'Golo Kante - Confirmed - £32m to Chelsea

That open letter really did the trick, didn't it?

Sad to see you go, N'Golo. But disappointed you couldn't last longer at LCFC - off after just a year smacks of desperation (and greed).

Onwards and upwards. Please Mendy the gap.

After signing a five-year contract, Kante said: ‘I am so happy to have signed for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. It’s a dream come true for me.

‘The opportunity to work with Antonio Conte, a brilliant coach, and some of the best players in the world was simply too good to turn down.

‘My first season in English football was very special and now I hope to go on to achieve even more during my time as a Chelsea player.

Guest CityFan 06

Well, it's official now. To me, N'Golo will always be part of 'the team of 2015-16' who achieved one of the best stories in English football history. He was the best CM I've seen play in a City shirt, I do wish he'd of stayed with Leicester, but we move on.

32m is money which can buy you real substantial quality with, so it gives us room for investment wherever that may be. 

:(  :(  :(

Life goes on, it's only football and all that....but still a blow. Massively frustrating.

He could have stayed for one more year - in the Champions League - surely? If we'd finished well down the league in his 2nd season, few would have resented him moving on then for European football....

Likewise, if he'd gone to PSG or Barça now. But to stay in England and move to the most loathsome club in the country....when they're not even in Europe?!?

He doesn't seem the sort to be greedy for cash or the London high life. The "I just want to play for Conte" line seems barely credible, though. Closer to family in Paris? Agent's influence? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Unless Mendy is of a similar calibre, will we now have to switch to 3 in central midfield most of the time?

Leicester City Football Club can today confirm that an agreement has been reached with Chelsea for the transfer of N'Golo Kante.

- N'Golo Kanté joins Chelsea from Leicester City 

- Kanté was offered a substantially improved contract to stay with Leicester 

- City receive Club-record fee for the France international

Leicester City Football Club can today confirm that an agreement has been reached with Chelsea for the transfer of N'Golo Kanté.

Despite the offer of a substantially improved, long-term contract, made before this summer's European Championships, it became apparent after the tournament that N'Golo's wish was to join Chelsea. The Club subsequently accepted a Leicester City-record fee on Friday before N'Golo finalised personal terms and completed a medical. 

Leicester City would like to place on record its sincere thanks to N'Golo for his contribution to the most successful season in the Club's history. Signed from French club Caen in August 2015, he made 40 appearances for City last term, including 37 in the Premier League, while helping steer the Foxes to our first ever top-flight title. His progress with City also helped N'Golo establish himself as a full international with France, with whom he featured prominently at Euro 2016. 

He departs with the best wishes of everyone at Leicester City.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/ngolo-kante-leicester-city-midfielder-joins-chelsea-3188838.aspx

Guest LCFC_World

Hope he becomes a massive flop. £100K Leicester offered him, more than anyone could dream of earning. Greed. I've gone off football, it's 100% a business now. I hate the fact I work to earn money to watch footballers who are on this crazy money play. The only reason I go is for the atmosphere.

Anyway, yeah that's how I feel about football at the moment lol

No good wishes from me.

Great player he may be but he clearly thinks nothing of us.

Exactly that, which is why I cannot get on board with anyone who says they'll clap him next year. He has ****ed us over here. Make no mistake about it.

After signing a five-year contract, Kante said: ‘I am so happy to have signed for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. It’s a dream come true for me.

‘The opportunity to work with Antonio Conte, a brilliant coach, and some of the best players in the world was simply too good to turn down.

‘My first season in English football was very special and now I hope to go on to achieve even more during my time as a Chelsea player.

Be lucky if he said anything of that nature

Great player, Great season.

Don't understand why he's gone nor why we've allowed him to break his contract.

I'll think of him as a traitor now and I hope he never wins another medal for any competition.

You just left the best team in England, unlucky lad.

He'll be remembered as part of that title winning side when we look back at last season but for me I've lost a hell of lot of respect for him. Hope he regrets it.

Just shows it doesn't matter what you do at a club like ours, you'll nearly always lose your best players.

Archived