Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

N'Golo Kante - Confirmed - £32m to Chelsea

We had a legendary team last season. Kante was a central part of that team. So from that standpoint, I'll miss him. I am annoyed that he only lasted one year with us. We are the ones who took the risk, brought him over from France, got him in the national side, got him a PL winners medal and essentially made him famous. He should have stayed for one more season and tested himself in the Champions League, but then if he wasn't successful then perhaps he'd not been able to move in the future. Personally, I think we got the best out of him, as someone has already said. And so, I don't know if he will be able to recreate his form here, or even if he will get the same amount of game time at Chelsea.

Glad we've got Mendy. I hope we get some big signings in now to strengthen further.

Agree with this post.

City will have factored in his leaving probably from last Christmas, bringing in Amartey and now Mendy. Let's thank NG for his contribution last season and move on. We've no need to be negative with such a great season to look forward to.

He doesn't want to be here so best gone. £32 million funds more players and releases funds for players who want to be here. Chelsea seems an odd choice as sure both Manchester clubs, Arsenal,Spurs,West Ham and a resurgent Liverpool will all consider themselves as their equals at least. Also he leaves a playing style suited to his game, Chelsea are more possession based so it is hard to get the tackles and interceptions in when you have the ball.

He has tainted his legacy as he has gone for money and nothing else should have had the balls to stay 1 more season with a release clause of £30 million and anything over being his pay off. Could have gone to a proper big club and get himself a big signing on fee.

I guess he thinks he has met his peak here. Much like O'Neil thought he had reached his peak with us and moved on. He has gone off to challenge something new with a coach his has great respect for. I don't blame him to be honest.

Best of luck to ya Kante you will forever be remembered for last season, but don't come crying back when you realise Chelsea aren't getting into Europe any time soon.

and why do people compare a fans loyalty to a football club to a players, he was just an employee of the club and we a stepping stone in his career, same for the majority of our better players.

Exactly. He probably never heard of LCFC before he arrived here. I know Mahrez thought we were a rugby club ffs. He spent 1 single season here. He doesnt support City.

I dont expect people to wish him well, but calling him names and wishing injury upon him is a disgrace.

Will he be on more than 100k a week.... If it is I can't see it being that much more to be honest.

Strange that he didn't want to stay 1 season more for the champions league, Chelsea aren't certainties to get top 4 next season either

Think his friends and his agent pretty much tell Kante what to do. London is a better place to be a parasite. It's full of them.

But Chelsea? Seriously? That's down right ridiculous. Hope he does ok tbf. He was great for us. I just feel a little sad for him to be honest. I really feel he has been led astray.

Very sad. However to a person of his age, Chelsea are a huge club. Add in an easy journey back to France and the fact that a millionaire lifestyle in London is fantastic, you can't hardly blame the guy. People who think footballers should be loyal forget that a better life may be a bigger priority than staying loyal to LCFC.

A great player, but we move on. After all wasn't messy our first choice? This guy might be even better and may be the reason the deal has gone through so quickly. We may not be concerned about the void his departure has left.

Memes are the lowest form of wit

Yeah, I know. This thread however has had so much shit thrown at it at high speed I thought a quick rather than detailed response was called for.

Honestly there's more hyperbole in here than a mechanics diagram textbook.

Kante has gone, and it's a fvcking shame we either played lowball or had a shitty release clause met, but it's done and LCFC goes on without him. There's no need for the ridiculous mudslinging. Life's too short.

Though if people really want to vent, I guess that's up to them.

This is exactly why teams like us will never become part of the top 4 elite and win the league year on year like Chelsea/Man City/Utd have done in recent years. As soon as any team gets a half decent player they jump ship to the 'big' clubs!

"to be fair chelsea will probably finish above us next year" etc arguments are just circular. If teams could hold onto their best players there would be more teams with a realistic chance to "do a leicester."

I was think more of the gems they plucked from nowhere. We could pick up a couple of Kantes and Mahrezs for half of what we've just got.

Right I see, apologies. Hope you're right!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

He wanted to go Marseille in the summer if he had have done he would now be a nobody, not an international, not a title winner not a world famous player. We made him and then offered him 100k a week to carry on playing where he was loved and where he was guaranteed a first team place. Add to that a champions league debut season. Instead he's gone to a club with no European football at the 1st opportunity. Hope the cvnt gets injured and or left out as they finish mid table again.

Archived