Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

N'Golo Kante - Confirmed - £32m to Chelsea

I understand the bemusement at his destination and disappointment at his departure, but calls for boos and mudslinging unnecessary in my opinion.

He made no promises, gave 110% every game and was a cornerstone of our one and only top flight league title.

He moves on, so will we but I'll still have fond memories of him.

Its a disgrace IMO.

Kante gave nothing short of 100 percent here, every game Never dropped his standards below a certain level. One of the best players in our history.

Best player I've seen in 20 years at the club. Seems like a lovely chap too. I hope he has a great individual season at Chelsea as they stumble their way to mid table yet again.

Sadly, as we all appreciate, they're now twice as likely to win the league as they were 24 hours ago.

Stupid transfer on his part. I've seen a lot recently saying that this is a sensible move for him because Chelsea will be more successful than us. He more likely to win regular titles and cups, more likely to play CL every year. Well that's a self fulfilling prophecy thanks to moves like this. If he stays and we build on the success he helped bring then there's no reason for us to be passed by richer clubs next year, I mean they couldn't keep up with us last year despite spending millions.

Also look at all those Southampton players who moved to Liverpool, supposedly for similar reasons, and year on year have finished around the space place in the league as Southampton and often even lower.

Let's not pretend this is about success, or prestige of the club, or any of that other BS, he's reached the top at Leicester and has the chance to go higher. He's moved for money, nothing else. Right now it's a step down, and that's not blue tinted specs. He's walking away from plying his trade at the very top level, even if it's just for a year, that can't be anything other than a step down.

He maybe no Kante but I'd name the price to Spurs for Eric Dier, very young solid, strong and can play in an defensive midfield position. As seen he's got an good head on him.

I think you'd be in for a shock.

I don't think he will boo and I don't think I'll clap when he returns. Appreciate his ability and quality but I don't respect his decision. He had four clubs to go too and picks the one with no European football. The club where he stands to gain nothing for 12 months compared to staying here.

He's clearly been blinded by the bright lights of the Abramovich years.  If I were in his shoes I'd have opted for Arsenal if I wanted to leave.  Chelsea aren't even in the Europa league. I doubt they realise what a good deal they've got.  Will surely prove to be the signing of the Summer.  I hope Mendy is half as good.

Its a disgrace IMO.

Kante gave nothing short of 100 percent here, every game Never dropped his standards below a certain level. One of the best players in our history.

He signed a 4 year deal with us last summer. We offered him 100k a week to stay, he gained full international honours while with us, champions league football as Pl champions, players player of the year...

But yet he goes to 10th place Chelsea... Of course he'll get booed... Short term it's a step down

Stupid transfer on his part. I've seen a lot recently saying that this is a sensible move for him because Chelsea will be more successful than us. He more likely to win regular titles and cups, more likely to play CL every year. Well that's a self fulfilling prophecy thanks to moves like this. If he stays and we build on the success he helped bring then there's no reason for us to be passed by richer clubs next year, I mean they couldn't keep up with us last year despite spending millions.

Also look at all those Southampton players who moved to Liverpool, supposedly for similar reasons, and year on year have finished around the space place in the league as Southampton and often even lower.

Let's not pretend this is about success, or prestige of the club, or any of that other BS, he's reached the top at Leicester and has the chance to go higher. He's moved for money, nothing else. Right now it's a step down, and that's not blue to it's specs. He's walking away from plying his trade at the very top level, even if it's just for a year, that can't be anything other than a step down.

You've worded the point I've been making better than I've been able to. The status quo is maintained because of moves like this - the move comes first, not the success.

The establishment always gets their way in the end. It's moves like this why football is pretty shit now really. All revolving around the glory hunters who leech onto big clubs success because there are so many of the utter weirdos.

Guest LCFC_World

Jamie Vardy - uses Arsenal to get a better contact at Leicester when he's already on 80K a week. Lost respect for him.

Kante - leaves at the first sight of money even though Leicester offered him 100K a week. Lost respect for him.

As you can see, football is played for money these days, loyalty is rare. We as fans are bigger than anyone at the club, we will be here forever - they won't.

After signing a five-year contract, Kante said: ‘I am so happy to have signed for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. It’s a dream come true for me.

‘The opportunity to work with Antonio Conte, a brilliant coach, and some of the best players in the world was simply too good to turn down.

‘My first season in English football was very special and now I hope to go on to achieve even more during my time as a Chelsea player.

How is he really going to match that first season? I admire the magnanimous nature of many supporters here. But you support the club not the player once they play somewhere else even though you might remain fond of them. Goodbye N'Golo. But you're history. Bring on the next hero.

While he had a great season for us and did help us achieve the impossible dream, i'm disappointed that he wouldn't repay our faith with another year. Without us, he'd have been watching the Euro's at home and would probably never break it into the big time. I won't boo him next season but I certainly won't clap him either. At this point, he's just another player who will be competing against us so he'll get treated the same as anyone else will do.

He's clearly been blinded by the bright lights of the Abramovich years.  If I were in his shoes I'd have opted for Arsenal if I wanted to leave.  Chelsea aren't even in the Europa league. I doubt they realise what a good deal they've got.  Will surely prove to be the signing of the Summer.  I hope Mendy is half as good.

Or even Man U at least they've got some sort of european football and got a world class manager running them. But that's typical obsession of players wanting to play down south. 

Exactly that, which is why I cannot get on board with anyone who says they'll clap him next year. He has ****ed us over here. Make no mistake about it.

The people who will clap him are the sort of men who would shake their wife/girlfriend's new lover' hand that she left them for and tell them to "take good care of her".

Archived