Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ross-Kemp

N'Golo Kante - Confirmed - £32m to Chelsea

After signing a five-year contract, Kante said: ‘I am so happy to have signed for one of the biggest clubs in Europe. It’s a dream come true for me.

‘The opportunity to work with Zinedine Zidane, a brilliant coach, and some of the best players in the world was simply too good to turn down.

‘My second season in English football was very disappointing but now I hope to go on to achieve even more during my time as a Real Madrid player. I am looking forward to meeting up with my new team-mates and helping the club achieve a lot of success.’

In a year's time when the traitorous backstabbing bastard does the same to Chelsea for a little more cash.

Why do people think you can compare a footballers job to a normal job? totally incomparable

Why? Because their career is far shorter and more erratic?

Everyone just needs to calm down. I am annoyed. I'm annoyed we've lost a great player, I'm annoyed he's gone for a low price.

Do I wish him well? No of course not. He's irrelevant now he plays for Chelsea I hope they continue to underperform.

I can't find this deep hatred in my heart for someone moving to a bigger club for more money, seems logical

I'm fed up with fans being 'diplomatic' about things like this. He's gone to Chelsea FFS, a team that finished 10th. It wasn't even a hard decision for him.

Look at Delph at Villa, ok he left eventually but it was a bloody hard decision for him to leave Villa to go to champions league Man City.

Are Chelsea a bigger club than Man City?

They aren't even guaranteed to ever play Champions league again and yet in the mind of Kante it was a no brainer.

Traitor to LCFC simply as that. Not for leaving, but for not giving us 1 more year AND joining Chelsea

I'm saddened by the news, as I was hoping that he'd stick around at least to partake in the Champions League, and certainly didn't envisage us losing him to a mid table side without European football. Having said all of this, I'm not overly surprised that he's moved on as it was apparent last summer when he signed that we weren't his ideal destination and not once throughout the season did I ever get the impression that he had integrated into the squad ethos, as he always seemed to be on the periphery of celebrations and seemed to be a bit of a lone Wolf. Shame that he's gone, but we move on and I won't be drawn into calling him names as it was great while it lasted. Hopefully we prove to him next season that he's made a massive mistake.

I wish I could be magnanimous and come out with all the normal lines - "he's a Leicester legend" - "we'll never forget him" - "what he helped us achieve"

But I feel sad an bitter, so, screw you Kante... You're not one of us and I'm going to boo you lots next season

Boooooooooooooooooo Booooooooooooooooooooo

All this crap he supposedly came out with that he was homesick, proves it was a load of crap. He went for the money nothing less. Still I shall be travelling round the Champions League grounds next season he won't.

Why do people think you can compare a footballers job to a normal job? totally incomparable

and why do people compare a fans loyalty to a football club to a players, he was just an employee of the club and we a stepping stone in his career, same for the majority of our better players.

And we've got extra money to spend. With our scouts just think what £30m could buy.

I think this might be the great irony here, I'm not sure players in that higher bracket want to sign for us....even with the promise of Champions League football. Even Troy Deeney turned us down and that was at the 25m mark. I hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

while i grateful for all he did in the year he was here, i had a feeling it would end like this, since we had a hard enough time trying to get him to the club in the first place, only did as we offered more more than marseille.

and saying hes gone to one of the biggest club in europe, hes certainly a joker, and no thanks to the club or fans, classless too

all in all NG goes where the money flows

Just a thought but Conte sells a big future for Chelsea and the promise of glory ahead ...    CR says 'give it one more year please' ...    then what ?????  

Did we do enough to try and stop him ? ...   Are we really really ambitious or still in shock over where we finished ?   I aint sure.

Guest CityFan 06

Not only potential midfield reinforcements, striker reinforcements is what we need now IMO. We have Ulloa, Okazaki, Vardy & Musa. Although I wouldn't say no to any midfield signings to replace Kante, we are better stocked there then at the forward line. Ulloa's future at the club is uncertain too. I said before the window, we need to sign two strikers. Well, we have one in Musa which is good, but still think we need another. I'd like ideally heading into the new season - Ulloa, Okazaki, Vardy, Musa & a fifth out an out striker. 

I think this might be the great irony here, I'm not sure players in that higher bracket want to sign for us....even with the promise of Champions League football. Even Troy Deeney turned us down and that was at the 25m mark. I hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I was think more of the gems they plucked from nowhere. We could pick up a couple of Kantes and Mahrezs for half of what we've just got.

Archived