Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

The free kick he punched away was poor as well, could've caught it

And the pasta he had for lunch was a bad choice he should have had rice.

Leave the bloke alone FFS he's one of the best keepers we have ever had we loose one game and he's shit?

Fickle 

I am a bit skeptical of his new contract, he's being paid way too much when no other clubs would have offered him that, and for 5 years too. 

Made some good saves yesterday but looked as flustered as the defence, he can't handle crosses at all, especially without Huth. Also I'd rather he pass it from a goal kick, I don't think him lumping it towards a small person will work. It only works when we can break from his kicks, if they don't fly out for a throw-in. 

Just now, themightyfin said:

Leave the bloke alone FFS he's one of the best keepers we have ever had we loose one game and he's shit?

Fickle 

Sorry Peter, but i can give my opinion didn't say he was shit... I said he had a gut on him which is odd for a athlete demanding 100k and also he descion making isn't the best.

Last year i praised him when good, like the sweeper keeper tackle against Man U, sorry but if you make bad decisions then expect the flack.

If you dont like reading them then dont look, its quite simple

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Sorry Peter, but i can give my opinion didn't say he was shit... I said he had a gut on him which is odd for a athlete demanding 100k and also he descion making isn't the best.

Last year i praised him when good, like the sweeper keeper tackle against Man U, sorry but if you make bad decisions then expect the flack.

If you dont like reading them then dont look, its quite simple

Sums it up and shows how fickle a fan you really are. last season you praise him and we go and loose one game and you find fault and slag him off.

We win and loose as a team.

Make stupid comments and expect flack it's quite simple

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Sums it up and shows how fickle a fan you really are. last season you praise him and we go and loose one game and you find fault and slag him off.

We win and loose as a team.

Make stupid comments and expect flack it's quite simple

Talking of Fickle, what made you join in 2014?

Praised when good IE he done something out of the ordinary that was deemed worthy of praise, there is a difference to just saying his brilliant every week because we win

its not one game its 4 and i believe his distribution was at fault against PSG

You can't give him gip after yesterday. Hernandez and Morgan had a shocker, I think any keeper would have looked dodgy behind that defence yesterday. Wasyl should have started. 

Zeiler looked no better from crosses during pre season and distribution looked iffy, something Kasper is strong at. It's first game rustyness, they will come good. People also forget how much these new footballs spins and sway, no way he could have caught the shot he parried away. 

I'm fickle when it comes to Schmeichel and i'll admit that, it mostly stems from his distribution.

The commentator's were kept banging on about how good his distribution is, it's fucking shite! Yes it occassionally get's a counter attack going and is quite important but more often than not it's crap, he cannot kick straight! Going out of play too often.

You could argue he caused problems for Hull's 2nd yesterday and that was from a throw out.

I know a keeper's job is hard, they only need to make 1 mistake and are vilified, but it really is the case with Schmeichel, he can be brilliant one minute, generally he is pretty good but then drop an almighty clanger the next, and as i've already talked about his kicking is awful, it's always been a bugbear with me when it comes to him.

I'm hoping the pressure of a good number 2 (Or it's seems he's a good number 2, can't really judge either way till we seen him properly) will push Schmeichel on but I think ti could work the other way, pressure might get to him.

8 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 said:

He kept making that same mistake last season but no one noticed as kante was there to soon mop it up, our fans underestimated how much a big influence his energy had on our team.

dont think anyone underestimated kante

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Fickle 

Hmm! Compared to keepers from recent years maybe, but he`s certainly no where near the level of Banks, Shilton or Mark Wallington, in my opinion.

I would have Kasey Keller and Tim Flowers in ahead of him too.

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Hmm! Compared to keepers from recent years maybe, but he`s certainly no where near the level of Banks, Shilton or Mark Wallington, in my opinion.

absolutely, they are better than Kasper

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Kasper always seems to grow into his seasons. Questionable moments in the first few and then a solid middle and end of the campaign which makes everyone forget the mistakes early doors.

Well he certainly does seem to have grown going into this season, but i`m not too sure about how solid he`s looking in the middle. 

Lets just say, he looks like he`s enjoyed his summer! lol

3 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

He reminds me of Ian Walker, for some strange reason. Brilliant in some games, bereft of any clue in the next.

I think he also got found out yesterday due to the change in our back four and that recently renewed contract. Most players put in quite the freak show after a contract extension, I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

He reminds me of Ian Walker, for some strange reason. Brilliant in some games, bereft of any clue in the next.

I think he also got found out yesterday due to the change in our back four and that recently renewed contract. Most players put in quite the freak show after a contract extension, I'm afraid.

Absolutely, i think he is probably of that level.

• 1 month later...

Kasper is still number 1 for me, he's a better shot stopper if nothing else, he's yet to play a game this season where he's been fully fit, but isn't it great to know we have a keeper of Zieler's quality to call on when needed. Compare him to Hamer, Schwarzer, or Conrad the great.

2 minutes ago, stevelcfc said:

Kasper is still number 1 for be, he's a better shot stopper if nothing else, he's yet to play a game this season where he's been fully fit, but isn't it great to know we have a keeper of Zieler's quality to call on when needed. Compare him to Hamer, Schwarzer, or Conrad the great.

Surely.. 'Conrad the bench '?

11 minutes ago, Richard said:

Play Zieler against Chelsea, if he gets another clean sheet/has a stormer then he keeps his place.

Let's be honest he pretty much nothing to do today apart from that deflected free-kick from 30 yards

Absolutely disagree. Kasper has his faults but is our number one. Zieler keeping clean sheets against a crap Burnley team and a Chelsea B team does not justify starting over Kasper.

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Absolutely disagree. Kasper has his faults but is our number one. Zieler keeping clean sheets against a crap Burnley team and a Chelsea B team does not justify starting over Kasper.

Fair enough, seems harsh to me to drop a keeper on the back of 2 clean sheets. There's literally nothing more he hypothetically do to break into the team other than hope for an injury to Kasper. Now we've got some proper competition in the squad nobody's place should be guaranteed.

Archived