Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

8 hours ago, brucey said:

Kasper Schmeichel is out of Leicester’s trip to Manchester United - and could miss up to three weeks.

That is a massive blow for Leicester ahead of a huge week as they go to Old Trafford and entertain Porto in the Champions League next Tuesday.

Leicester keeper Schmeichel has suffered a recurrence of the groin problem which resulted in him having surgery earlier in the month.

Schmeichel missed last week’s win over Burnley because of a concussion injury suffered in training but this latest setback is a separate issue.

looks like the hernia again, back training too quickly?

is Hamer any good as a backup to Zieler? Iversen from the youth team sounds really good

Looks like Zieler will play today against United as well as Porto, Southampton, Chelsea, Palace, Copenhagen and Tottenham. I think he will do just fine. 

kasper is waaaaay better than zieler

zielers way of defending crosses and corners doesn't suit premier league,  he is always steady in the goal line and this causes goals against us, he don't try to go and fight to catch the ball or even punish it.

we will suffer from heartattaks at this situation, i think.

30 minutes ago, hatasi said:

kasper is waaaaay better than zieler

zielers way of defending crosses and corners doesn't suit premier league,  he is always steady in the goal line and this causes goals against us, he don't try to go and fight to catch the ball or even punish it.

we will suffer from heartattaks at this situation, i think.

A criticism everyone has made of kasper at one time or another. 

Zieler is a perfectly good keeper - very different to kasper, particularly with his distribution. A lot calmer and slower; but meaning goals like Vardy v man utd last season won't happen (had a chance to get it away quickly to I think grey on Tuesday from a cross with a counter on a la the Fuchs ball for that goal).

I'd be deluded and harsh to attribute our loss to United on Saturday to Zieler, but I couldn't help but feel a few of Schmeichel's monster kicks would have relieved the pressure at crucial moments.

There were times in that first half when the ball just kept coming back our way. Our fans definitely take the chances that come indirectly from Schmeichel's abnormally big kicks for granted. I'm not saying it would have happened but all you need is one chance at a crucial moment to turn a game on its head.

29 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'd be deluded and harsh to attribute our loss to United on Saturday to Zieler, but I couldn't help but feel a few of Schmeichel's monster kicks would have relieved the pressure at crucial moments.

There were times in that first half when the ball just kept coming back our way. Our fans definitely take the chances that come indirectly from Schmeichel's abnormally big kicks for granted. I'm not saying it would have happened but all you need is one chance at a crucial moment to turn a game on its head.

Given that most go out of play they really wouldn't have been that useful

11 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Given that most go out of play they really wouldn't have been that useful

I think you need to check your understanding of the word 'most'.

Also think Schmeichel would have saved Smalling's goal. Obviously it's difficult to say but those sort of close range, reaction stops are really where Kasper excels. 

I don't know why I continue to bother fighting Kasper's corner. I'm in the minority by being a goalkeeper myself. I can't expect everyone else to see things through my lens. 

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I think you need to check your understanding of the word 'most'.

Also think Schmeichel would have saved Smalling's goal. Obviously it's difficult to say but those sort of close range, reaction stops are really where Kasper excels. 

I don't know why I continue to bother fighting Kasper's corner. I'm in the minority by being a goalkeeper myself. I can't expect everyone else to see things through my lens. 

Smallings goal is difficult. You'd have to get such a good hand to it to get it round the post as it's that far in, it was low, hard, and most importantly from six yards out.

I personally don't think it's unsaveable but your looking at a proper worldy to keep it out. Especially if you're talking getting it safe as well. 

Archived