Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

13 hours ago, Sampson said:

Zieler definitely at fault for the 4th and Schmeichel absolutely would've come and got that cross for the 1st.

Kasper doesn't move for love nor money so I'm not sure how you're so confident of him managing to catch it.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You can't blame anyone for an average full back thundering in a 20 yard first time volley into the top right bin at about 80 MPH lol 

Where is he suppose to head it?

The goal was amazing. I just meant if you had to blame anyone, which you can't really, it would be Was, because that headed clearance attempt was rubbish

13 minutes ago, Beliall said:

The goal was amazing. I just meant if you had to blame anyone, which you can't really, it would be Was, because that headed clearance attempt was rubbish

I dunno where else he can head it though? He can't get it out of play he's not facing that way , he can't get a lot of distance on it as there aint a lot of pace on the ball? I mean if your gonna head it anywhere Cesar Azpillecuetas boot from 20 years on the volley wouldn't normally be a bad option lol 

20 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I dunno where else he can head it though? He can't get it out of play he's not facing that way , he can't get a lot of distance on it as there aint a lot of pace on the ball? I mean if your gonna head it anywhere Cesar Azpillecuetas boot from 20 years on the volley wouldn't normally be a bad option lol 

please don't think I am blaming him, I am just using that as an example. 

Kasper Schmeichel is out of Leicester’s trip to Manchester United - and could miss up to three weeks.

That is a massive blow for Leicester ahead of a huge week as they go to Old Trafford and entertain Porto in the Champions League next Tuesday.

Leicester keeper Schmeichel has suffered a recurrence of the groin problem which resulted in him having surgery earlier in the month.

Schmeichel missed last week’s win over Burnley because of a concussion injury suffered in training but this latest setback is a separate issue.

looks like the hernia again, back training too quickly?

is Hamer any good as a backup to Zieler? Iversen from the youth team sounds really good

I'm not hugely worried, because although we are probably better with KS, this gives RonRobert a good chance to prove his value. He gets a fantastic game at OT, which will mean a lot to him, and a run of games, although hopefully KS will be back soon.

I had a hernia in me groin, and I can tell you its bloody alarming! If KS has opened up his repair then it will be a good few weeks, because you really don't want to open it up a third time. You have to sign a form which describes possible stuff which could go wrong, and it's a pretty grim list because of the location. :(

Proves what a great move it was to get Zieler in, thank god it was KS and not DD.

Kasper > zieler

tuesday night showed up a flaw in zieler's keeping. he should have wiped out Costa and punched that high dropping ball in ET. No way would kasper not have got a fist to that. 

as far as kicking is concerned, zieler's isn't flat enough, meaning that balls are generally more likely to be met by the central defender than being flicked on.  Complaints that's kasper kicks out too often are missing the point. He is trying stuff which is 'high risk, high reward' as far as losing possession is concerned . Just like DD does with his long balls to vards. we don't moan at drinks as losing the ball high up the pitch as it isn't a big issue. Similarly, giving away possession via a throw in on half way which is kaspers folly.  Zieler doesn't have the quick flat kick out to the flanks either. When kasper plays, opposition are wary with attacking set pieces that they don't leave themselves too exposed and some players are more concerned with getting back than attacking the delivery. That won't be the same level with Zieler. 

claudio is a wise old fox. He knows which keeper is the best and our significant increased contract offer to kasper reflected that. 

8 hours ago, brucey said:

Kasper Schmeichel is out of Leicester’s trip to Manchester United - and could miss up to three weeks.

That is a massive blow for Leicester ahead of a huge week as they go to Old Trafford and entertain Porto in the Champions League next Tuesday.

Leicester keeper Schmeichel has suffered a recurrence of the groin problem which resulted in him having surgery earlier in the month.

Schmeichel missed last week’s win over Burnley because of a concussion injury suffered in training but this latest setback is a separate issue.

looks like the hernia again, back training too quickly?

is Hamer any good as a backup to Zieler? Iversen from the youth team sounds really good

You cannot rush healing. Vardy probably came back too soon also.

Zieler to start. Hamer is good back up. Indeed in the season of the Great Escape he was pretty good cover. He also has an excellent beard.

According to reports in for a few games..........going back to his former club so even more incentive today!

We will all get the chance to see how good he is as we have some massive games that will set the direction of the season.

i hope to be wrong and be first to admit but I am worried ....we will see.....

Come on Bobby dispel my fears!!

Zieler looks decent to me, I hope I don't regret that comment.

His kicking and distribution is multiple times better than Schmiechel and tbh I think the players look more confident giving the ball to Zieler.

I've heard and read some many times about how good Kaspers distribution is, it's a myth. He might get the odd counter attack going but only once in about 10 kicks, the rest go out of play. Frustrates the hell out of me.

When we signed Zieler someone said to me he'll be No.1 by the end of the season, I couldn't imagine it tbh, but if he plays well in the games he has who knows, if he matches Schmeichel's shot stopping why not, because as I've said from what I've seen he matches and surpasses with his kicking and seems more comfortable with the ball.

Archived