Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

Kasper makes worldies and is a league winner. I can't see big Ron Z ever taking number one spot. 

Kasper does alot of the field and I can imagine is important in the dressing room

What back we have thought. Good stuff. 

And burnley were  shit today. 

Big Ron would  be letting more goals in against the big boys than kasper would and claudio knows this. 

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I have an opinion, which all of you are welcome to have...

What a bunch of miserable, unknowing bunch of dino dodos we have on this site...

Schmeichel vs Zieler... 5 games into the season ffs No and No again its an unwitting useless

sorry thought, idea and over opinionated weird sense of some of you  dreaming you could be even

competent PC -football managers.

Why in your macho ideologies, can you question Schmeichels qualities against Zielers, come to it also the

other way around. Schmeichel and Zieler for different career reasons are 2 good goalkeepers.

In all his experience Schmeichel knows he has competition, but no way can one  even cat-nap the

idea, he isnt good enough or should be replaced. Too many on here believing they can play the Guardiola card..!!

Some of you on here are more spiteful has many journalist...just for the sake of it..

Now we have Slimani, lets get on Vardys case......why dont you.

Ok Rant over...Skyde mig...or even erschiess mich , in any damn language you want..

One of the biggest attention seeking garbage posts Ive read for a long time. Utter tosh and not as clever as you think it was mate! Back to the drawing board for you!

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Seems like people are trying to find problems where isn't one. Zieler is a great backup to have and can clearly be depended on. Schmeichel is still our number 1 and has proved his worth countless times. 

It didn't matter against a poor Burnley - but I noticed Zieler's kicking is a lot worse than Kaspar's - couldn't get past the half way line most of the time. 

I dont know where you get that from mate. Maybe you are used to the ball being pinged out of the pitch with pace and fizz or walloped towards 3ft 6 Okazaki but today it felt well, "normal"!

A goalkeeper who controlled things, came and caught a few balls into his box (KS doesnt come off his line and is a liability for crosses) and just basically was calm. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Zieler deserves to be No 1 as we havent seen him tested as a shot stopper which you would think is his main function but distribution cant be under estimated for a goalkeeper and today just felt calm. As bad as Burnley were, you have to say there was a link between our calmness on the ball from the back and the fact that for once we nearly had 60% of the ball. You cant have decent possession stats when you keep giving it away and spend more time chasing after the ball. 

I hope Kasper uses the ball a bit better going forward because he needs to get that part of his game right and stop lumping it forward so quickly all the time. I hope the much needed competition helps him raise that part of his game.

I must say that Zieler seemed very calm under little pressure yesterday, but he maintained his concentration throughout and made a smart save towards the end. It would be interesting to see how he goes when we are against better opposition.

Kasper at times does get "hot headed" and does make irrational decisions. For example flying out his box at Anfield when Liverpool got their fourth. He has excellent kicking ability though, but needs to be more measured and stop trying to do everything at a 100mph.

For me Kasper deserves to be number one and until his actions start costing games, then it stays that way. However Zieler looks to be capable and its nice to have competition there again after having had 18 months of "Pearsons mate" on the Bench!

8 hours ago, crazyleicester said:

One of the biggest attention seeking garbage posts Ive read for a long time. Utter tosh and not as clever as you think it was mate! Back to the drawing board for you!

I dont know where you get that from mate. Maybe you are used to the ball being pinged out of the pitch with pace and fizz or walloped towards 3ft 6 Okazaki but today it felt well, "normal"!

A goalkeeper who controlled things, came and caught a few balls into his box (KS doesnt come off his line and is a liability for crosses) and just basically was calm. Dont get me wrong, Im not saying Zieler deserves to be No 1 as we havent seen him tested as a shot stopper which you would think is his main function but distribution cant be under estimated for a goalkeeper and today just felt calm. As bad as Burnley were, you have to say there was a link between our calmness on the ball from the back and the fact that for once we nearly had 60% of the ball. You cant have decent possession stats when you keep giving it away and spend more time chasing after the ball. 

I hope Kasper uses the ball a bit better going forward because he needs to get that part of his game right and stop lumping it forward so quickly all the time. I hope the much needed competition helps him raise that part of his game.

I must agree that 'calm' is also the word that came to me that described his performance. His distribution of the ball was also sensible and accurate.  He admittedly though didn't have a great deal to do so it would be a rash decision for me for him to take over from Caspar just yet. Caspar is probably one of the best shot stoppers in the Premiership yet is so frustrating in other areas of his game.His persistent use of the long ball up to the smallest man on the pitch is baffling as there's a 60/40 chance that possession is given to the opposition.  His inability to command his area is well known and in a radio interview with Sven , he too raised this issue as the reason why he always chose Hart over him at Man City all those years ago. So bearing in mind he's now on mega money, you'd think by now he'd at least now try and address the issue.  What do our goalkeeping coaches do? We've enough thug like centres halves to pressure him in any crossing exercises. 

For me I'm glad he's now got valid competition.  It's alright being a good shot stopper but if you don't surrender the ball to the opposition they haven't got it to shoot with in the first place. If Zieler plays a blinder against Chelsea in the Cup, I'd be very tempted to keep him in for the next Premiership game. Caspar has plenty of room for improvement and needs to deliver in those areas,  he's paid a huge amount for his efforts and sometimes appears to be happy in the comfort zone.

34 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I must say that Zieler seemed very calm under little pressure yesterday, but he maintained his concentration throughout and made a smart save towards the end. It would be interesting to see how he goes when we are against better opposition.

Kasper at times does get "hot headed" and does make irrational decisions. For example flying out his box at Anfield when Liverpool got their fourth. He has excellent kicking ability though, but needs to be more measured and stop trying to do everything at a 100mph.

For me Kasper deserves to be number one and until his actions start costing games, then it stays that way. However Zieler looks to be capable and its nice to have competition there again after having had 18 months of "Pearsons mate" on the Bench!

In Kasper's defense, the game was lost unless something truly spectacular happened, and he was going for it.

What I find interesting is that Zieler has come in once, and now had a start, 5 games into the season, due to Kasper injuries. I wonder how often he was playing hurt last season (I remember him getting some sort of knock during an international break), and if getting a quality back-up was in response to this?

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

In Kasper's defense, the game was lost unless something truly spectacular happened, and he was going for it.

What I find interesting is that Zieler has come in once, and now had a start, 5 games into the season, due to Kasper injuries. I wonder how often he was playing hurt last season (I remember him getting some sort of knock during an international break), and if getting a quality back-up was in response to this?

Yes the Liverpool game was gone at that point when he came out the area, so it hasn't hurt us. I think he must have played through the pain barrier alot last season as poor cover. I remember Schwarzer in the pen shoot out at Hull last year. The ball was hitting the net before he had got down!

Some very tainted views after 1 game.....our long serving keeper who was outstanding last season who has very rarely let us down is in my opinion one of the top keepers in the country. Yes, he could improve his distribution, maybe on the odd occasion make better decisions but he is about to enter his best years as a keeper and if you talk to fans of many clubs in the prem they would love him between their sticks.

Zieler is a good keeper who will provide competition but Kasper will be No.1 as he is markedly better than Ron. He had a competent game yesterday but you cannot draw much from one game at home to Burnley......

7 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Some very tainted views after 1 game.....our long serving keeper who was outstanding last season who has very rarely let us down is in my opinion one of the top keepers in the country. Yes, he could improve his distribution, maybe on the odd occasion make better decisions but he is about to enter his best years as a keeper and if you talk to fans of many clubs in the prem they would love him between their sticks.

Zieler is a good keeper who will provide competition but Kasper will be No.1 as he is markedly better than Ron. He had a competent game yesterday but you cannot draw much from one game at home to Burnley......

Kasper is a good shot stopper no doubt. He is however, poor at commanding his 6 yard box, never mind the penalty area, his distribution questionable at times, along with occasional rash decision making.

Now I don't have enough evidence of Ron's performances to make a case for him to replace the reportedly arrogant Dane, so I am wondering what evidence you have to make the claim that Kasper 'is markedly better than Ron'.

If you have some I am happy to be enlightened.

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Kasper is a good shot stopper no doubt. He is however, poor at commanding his 6 yard box, never mind the penalty area, his distribution questionable at times, along with occasional rash decision making.

Now I don't have enough evidence of Ron's performances to make a case for him to replace the reportedly arrogant Dane, so I am wondering what evidence you have to make the claim that Kasper 'is markedly better than Ron'.

If you have some I am happy to be enlightened.

Quite, the you can't draw comparisons from one game but yet I know Kaspar is markedly better than Ron contradiction is one of those moments you hang your head and mutter "oh foxes talk" to yourself.

Apart from the header and freekick he didn't have too many pressure moments yesterday.

But he dealt with them very well, and the crosses which came in.

He also looked considered and calm when the ball was played back to him.  He didn't smash it aimlessly.  I don't think I saw him put the ball out of play once.  

As a No.2 he is immense.  I can see him taking the No.1 spot quite soon.  

I think its difficult to judge GK's, especially when he has kept a clean sheet. What more could he do. Having said that, Schmeichel has kept clean sheets too. I have noticed a number of times that when kicking the ball, Schmeichel will struggle to keep it on the pitch from a goal kick, yet on releasing the ball quickly he can be like a sniper.

I think Schmeichel should remain as first choice keeper as he has done nothing wrong to loose his place other than be injured. Zieler hasn't played any better than Schmeichel, he just hasn't played any worse.

Taking all of the above into account, are we not so lucky to have two great goal keepers who both deserve a first team spot. Just hope we can keep them both happy as its not exactly a position where you get game time unless there is an injury.

On 17 September 2016 at 20:36, Les-TA-Jon said:

Seems like people are trying to find problems where isn't one. Zieler is a great backup to have and can clearly be depended on. Schmeichel is still our number 1 and has proved his worth countless times. 

It didn't matter against a poor Burnley - but I noticed Zieler's kicking is a lot worse than Kaspar's - couldn't get past the half way line most of the time. 

Amen to this post! Some people feel the need to want something different for the sake of it and to be different. Winds me up. Kasper is and will be our number 1 for as long as he's here. Zieler is the back up we've been craving for a very long time and it's great that we can go into games knowing that our number 2 is just as reliable. 

On 18 September 2016 at 20:48, Manwell Pablo said:

Quite, the you can't draw comparisons from one game but yet I know Kaspar is markedly better than Ron contradiction is one of those moments you hang your head and mutter "oh foxes talk" to yourself.

Really???.......clearer now!!

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Couldn't be blamed for the goals tonight really maybe the 4th but apart from that looks decent. 

Good back up but no more....some of the reaction to Schmeichel and questioning his number 1 status is nothing short of ridiculous.

Zieler does not fill me with any great confidence ...as I stated early in the thread ....watched him in Germany and in all of his preseason games and he is not in the same class as Schmeichel.....

20 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Good back up but no more....some of the reaction to Schmeichel and questioning his number 1 status is nothing short of ridiculous.

Zieler does not fill me with any great confidence ...as I stated early in the thread ....watched him in Germany and in all of his preseason games and he is not in the same class as Schmeichel.....

Really? Kasper would not have saved Batushayi(sp) shot. I dont really see aspects of Kasper's game which are superior.

Zieler made some great saves tonight and I dont remember him kicking it out of play 100 times.

33 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Schmeichel fills you wirh confidence though? 

Zieler definitely at fault for the 4th and Schmeichel absolutely would've come and got that cross for the 1st.

Feel he has the exact opposite problem to Kasper. Schmeichel can often be too eager to come off his line when he shouldn't, whereas Zieler seems rooted to his line when he should be coming for crosses,

10 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Really? Kasper would not have saved Batushayi(sp) shot. I dont really see aspects of Kasper's game which are superior.

Yes as you see more of Zieler you will note his lack of physical presence ....flapping at crosses and distribution is not better than Kaspers ....all my opinion based upon seeing him play before he joined us and subsequently......

As soon as KS is fit he will be first choice as fortunately Claudio knows his onions!!

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Zieler made some great saves tonight and I dont remember him kicking it out of play 100 times.

Schmeichel fills you wirh confidence though? 

Personally I think he has been consistent and over last season generally he was superb....does he make the odd error and could he improve his distribution? Yes but having watched us for a long while i personally think he is one of the best I have seen in a City shirt which includes Wallington, Flowers and Keller.....Banks/Shilts were before my time as a City fan.

Archived