Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

Kasper is quality but the way he kicks the ball with speed and low trajectory is annoying. Today it was great to see us having an element of calm and Zieler at times was waving the defenders forward and delaying launching the ball until we were in shape.

Before we park Kasper into the bin Id like to see how good Zieler is at shot stopping as he hardly had a save to make today.

For me, Kasper comes back for the league games whilst Zieler plays in the cups and hopefully they play so well that its a real battle for that no 1 spot.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Fair enough, seems harsh to me to drop a keeper on the back of 2 clean sheets. There's literally nothing more he hypothetically do to break into the team other than hope for an injury to Kasper. Now we've got some proper competition in the squad nobody's place should be guaranteed.

Kasper is our most experienced shot-stopper and generally does well against top opposition. He has proven himself, despite his flaws and its only right he returns imo.

I have an opinion, which all of you are welcome to have...

What a bunch of miserable, unknowing bunch of dino dodos we have on this site...

Schmeichel vs Zieler... 5 games into the season ffs No and No again its an unwitting useless

sorry thought, idea and over opinionated weird sense of some of you  dreaming you could be even

competent PC -football managers.

Why in your macho ideologies, can you question Schmeichels qualities against Zielers, come to it also the

other way around. Schmeichel and Zieler for different career reasons are 2 good goalkeepers.

In all his experience Schmeichel knows he has competition, but no way can one  even cat-nap the

idea, he isnt good enough or should be replaced. Too many on here believing they can play the Guardiola card..!!

Some of you on here are more spiteful has many journalist...just for the sake of it..

Now we have Slimani, lets get on Vardys case......why dont you.

Ok Rant over...Skyde mig...or even erschiess mich , in any damn language you want..

2 things that stood out for me today with Zieler. 

Firstly the Burnley header, ended up an easy save, but kasper would already have been diving or jumping by the time it had been headed, and Burnley would have scored, Zieler, like any good keeper, waited and reacted to the effort

Secondly, the defence could hear him, quite clearly he had shouted for them to leave it and he collected, he was overall a much calmer presence. Would still like to see how he is against a top team where he actually has a busy afternoon though.

Thought Zieler was very competent today.

He is a very positive keeper and it was great seeing him in possession of the ball, he started a lot of good moves today with his distribution. 

Wouldn't be fussed as to who starts next league game in goal, its a great position to be in with two top goalkeepers. 

Seems like people are trying to find problems where isn't one. Zieler is a great backup to have and can clearly be depended on. Schmeichel is still our number 1 and has proved his worth countless times. 

It didn't matter against a poor Burnley - but I noticed Zieler's kicking is a lot worse than Kaspar's - couldn't get past the half way line most of the time. 

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Seems like people are trying to find problems where isn't one. Zieler is a great backup to have and can clearly be depended on. Schmeichel is still our number 1 and has proved his worth countless times. 

It didn't matter against a poor Burnley - but I noticed Zieler's kicking is a lot worse than Kaspar's - couldn't get past the half way line most of the time. 

no his kicking wasn't a lot worse and unlike Kasper he kept it in play and we generally kept possession, distance of the kick is pointless if you put it straight into touch

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

What a bunch of miserable, unknowing bunch of dino dodos we have on this site...

Schmeichel vs Zieler... 5 games into the season ffs No and No again its an unwitting useless

sorry thought, idea and over opinionated weird sense of some of you  dreaming you could be even

Why in your macho ideologies, can you question Schmeichels qualities against Zielers, come to it also the

other way around. Schmeichel and Zieler for different career reasons are 2 good goalkeepers.

In all his experience Schmeichel knows he has competition, but no way can one  even cat-nap the

idea, he isnt good enough or should be replaced. Too many on here believing they can play the Guardiola card..!!

Some of you on here are more spiteful has many journalist...just for the sake of it..

Ok Rant over...Skyde mig...or even erschiess mich , in any damn language you want..

So do you want Kasper or Zieler?

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Doesn't make sense. 

Finally we have a "back-up" keeper who can genuinely push Schmeichel for the No.1 spot. This will only make Kasper better and work harder to hold onto his spot. I've been impressed with Zieler so far, although you can't judge him on today as he was barely tested. He looks composed and relaxed though. One thing to note when comparing the two, is what Schmeichel brings to the team personality wise, he is a leader and very demanding of his back 4 and always vocal about those demands. I'm yet to see that intensity from Zieler yet and it's a part of Kasper's game I really like. He is still no.1 for me, but as I said, great to have a keeper now to keep him on his toes and also for us, to know we don't have to panic if Kasper gets injured. 

I'm just glad we seem to have two highly professional goalkeeper's we can pretty much rely on.

I didn't feel the slightest anxiety about Zieler's inclusion and my only minor criticism of him today was his leaving his distribution so late I felt just the slightest miskick might result in a intended punt upfield being blocked.

But he didn't make that mistake. He did everything he needed to with the minimum of fuss including an adjusted save from the deflected free kick and a decent catch from a high ball into the box.

It's the minimum fuss I liked. The bloke seemed entirely at home and unfazed. The players appeared to trust him and I'd have to rate him a 7 for doing next to nothing really well.    

I've not seen anything like enough evidence to choose between one or the other and don't really care who the manager picks. Dilly Ding, Dilly Dong, he can't go wrong! :)      

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Having Zieler in goal is like driving a Mercedes. It's calm, it's composed, it feels safe, it's classy and you know if you need it there's a bit of bite in there. 

His distribution is 10x that of Kasper. Zieler is the better keeper for me. 

Kasper's car needs a new distributor... 

Let's be honest though, Zieler won't have an easier game than today. Burnley offered nothing, apart from one header and one deflected free kick. Zieler was comfortable all afternoon. That said, he was still very competent and he's a very good keeper. I'm not too fussed who gets the nod. Both Schmeichel and Zieler are good keepers.

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

Let's be honest though, Zieler won't have an easier game than today. Burnley offered nothing, apart from one header and one deflected free kick. Zieler was comfortable all afternoon. That said, he was still very competent and he's a very good keeper. I'm not too fussed who gets the nod. Both Schmeichel and Zieler are good keepers.

Thats today mate, blokes got over 150 appearances for Hannover, good keeper.

Honstly think people are underestimating that freekick attempt. On his wrong foot putting his weight to his left yet still managing to dive to the right to keep a deflection out, meaning he had less then a second to react, very good keeping and deserves his clean sheet. Do people think Schmeichel would have saved it? Especially with his record from freekicks.

If he has a stormer against Chelsea then he deserves to stay in the net for the next league game, if he is untested then I would go back to Schmeichel for the time being. Good prediciment to have though, two class keepers will only push each other to do better.

You don't get to be German number two unless you're good. What I liked about him today was the way he commanded the final 3rd of the field. He also remained totally focused to the very end despite have very little to do. I think he may very well end up number one but for now Kasper just deserves to hold onto it as he hasn't done anything wrong.

Archived