Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Zieler definitely at fault for the 4th and Schmeichel absolutely would've come and got that cross for the 1st.

Feel he has the exact opposite problem to Kasper. Schmeichel can often be too eager to come off his line when he shouldn't, whereas Zieler seems rooted to his line when he should be coming for crosses,

No decent keeper in the world would, well should, have come for that cross.

If he came, Cahill could have just headed it in at the near post.

Kasper's distribution is not up to Zieler's standard at all. Sure, he can kick it further, but if it isn't out of play, it's straight onto the head of an opposition center half.

If Zieler's distribution is inferior to Kasper's, why do our defenders give him more touches of the ball?

As for 'Kasper is good at coming for crosses'...yeah, in the same way that Jeff has superb 'footballing intelligence'.

Could Zieler have done better for the 4th? Sure, but he wasn't helped by have two defenders in front of him unwilling to move, and Amartey pushing him in the back.

2 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Kasper's distribution is not up to Zieler's standard at all. Sure, he can kick it further, but if it isn't out of play, it's straight onto the head of an opposition center half.

If Zieler's distribution is inferior to Kasper's, why do our defenders give him more touches of the ball?

As for 'Kasper is good at coming for crosses'...yeah, in the same way that Jeff has superb 'footballing intelligence'.

Could Zieler have done better for the 4th? Sure, but he wasn't helped by have two defenders in front of him unwilling to move, and Amartey pushing him in the back.

You tell 'em mate..Well said.

If people want to do a comparison..they should compare the individuals last 20+ 1st team games , no matter where they are or were.

Extra applause for last sentence, too many fans and pundits miss such things so many times, just to prove a failing poor opinion.

Very decent performance, which is funny to say considering he conceded 4. He does seem to have an aura of calmness about him, which is a great trait for a keeper. His kicking, althought not particularly adventurous, is very solid and consistent. Made some top saves and although I still consider Kasper our No.1, Zieler is on par with him and such a great back-up for us. 

11 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Really???.......clearer now!!

Not really. Didn't do a lot wrong bar the calamity goal which was about 6 people's fault if you ask me, ball watching gone crazy. Made some good stops. Making yourself look a bit silly (EDIT: even Grewkes has had your pants down so I'll change that to extremly silly)

Please don't pretend you have ever watched Hannover 96 play in your entire life. 

One thing I'll agree with you on Kasper is still no.1 but it is nice to have some competition. He had a very solid game last night, that post has made you look like an utter mug. 

6 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Very decent performance, which is funny to say considering he conceded 4. He does seem to have an aura of calmness about him, which is a great trait for a keeper. His kicking, althought not particularly adventurous, is very solid and consistent. Made some top saves and although I still consider Kasper our No.1, Zieler is on par with him and such a great back-up for us. 

This...

Decent game, but he did kick the ball out of play  at least once, his distribution was poor, lumping it up to Vardy constantly when we were down to ten men and not trying to hit Ulloa on the flanks.

One great  save, some other good stops, not going to blame him for the first, it was a long deep corner over the area he would usually cover, if he had come for it and claimed it I would have been very impressed. I thought he could have done more for the second, it was a great  strike but he didn't seem to fully extend himself. Maybe I am being harsh, but it just seemed like he believed it was going in and there was nothing he could do about it.

Just now, Captain... said:

Decent game, but he did kick the ball out of play  at least once, his distribution was poor, lumping it up to Vardy constantly when we were down to ten men and not trying to hit Ulloa on the flanks.

One great  save, some other good stops, not going to blame him for the first, it was a long deep corner over the area he would usually cover, if he had come for it and claimed it I would have been very impressed. I thought he could have done more for the second, it was a great  strike but he didn't seem to fully extend himself. Maybe I am being harsh, but it just seemed like he believed it was going in and there was nothing he could do about it.

Ah... There wasn't! 

22 minutes ago, Captain... said:

You what?

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You what?

I said I thought he could have done more for the second.

Didn't think I would need to repeat myself, you can just go back and read it again.

It just looked like a lazy dive without full extension.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Didn't think I would need to repeat myself, you can just go back and read it again.

Never have an opinion on football again. 

8 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I have just stopwatched the time it took for the football to leave cesar azpilicueta's boot to crossing the line.

I have it at 00:00:58

I'm surprised he even dived at all.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I have just stopwatched the time it took for the football to leave cesar azpilicueta's boot to crossing the line.

I have it at 00:00:58

I'm surprised he even dived at all.

Top goalkeepers make those sort of saves, but I am not saying he should have saved it, his technique looks wrong he just seems to try and flick it away rather than going with a full extended arm.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Top goalkeepers make those sort of saves, but I am not saying he should have saved it, his technique looks wrong he just seems to try and flick it away rather than going with a full extended arm.

No one makes that save, no one, even if you sat them in the middle of their goal and told them where it was going they wouldn't even get near it. I think it is physically impossible to fully extend your body and get to the top corner in half a second. One of the worst comments I have ever seen on here and that is some going. I'd let it lie there if I were you. 

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

If anyone is at fault for their equaliser, it was Wasylewski , but it was a rocket.

You can't blame anyone for an average full back thundering in a 20 yard first time volley into the top right bin at about 80 MPH lol 

Where is he suppose to head it?

55 minutes ago, Captain... said:

51 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No one makes that save, no one, even if you sat them in the middle of their goal and told them where it was going they wouldn't even get near it. I think it is physically impossible to fully extend your body and get to the top corner in half a second. One of the worst comments I have ever seen on here and that is some going. I'd let it lie there if I were you. 

Hang on. You're talking about Azpilicueta's goal? That was unstoppable. It was an absolute worldie of a goal!! Manuel Neuer would have clapped that one after picking it out of his net. That's an absolutely horrendous comment. 

Archived