Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I don't hate him at all. I just think he's vastly overrated by the majority of fans. Trying his audacious kicking and being successful 2-3/10 is not impressive to me. You only have to look at the start of this game to see what excellent sides do to you when you gift them possession.

He doesn't try audacious kicking for the most part - he plays the percentages (none of this time wasting nonsense people claim). Okazaki and Vardy won't win headers, we don't have ball playing defenders. Aim at Mahrez and isolate him vs the full back, or at worst have gained yards for an opposing throw in.

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He doesn't try audacious kicking for the most part - he plays the percentages (none of this time wasting nons nose people claim). Okazaki and Vardy won't win headers, we don't have ball playing defenders. Aim at Mahrez and isolate him vs the full back, or at worst have gained yards for an opposing throw in.

I'm not asking him to start playing like Neuer and make Cruyff turns on his own goal line but he could quite easily tone down the hoofing and play the simple ball. At worst there's no pass on for the player he passes to and they have to play the percentage ball down the line. At least that would give us the opportunity to keep hold of the ball and grow into a game such as this. Things like that will give us a better chance in the Champions League against sides that are exceptional at keeping the ball. 

Archived