Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Ball retention, speed, precision, movement. They're a class above us. Admit it.

Admit that a team that got to the quarters of the champions league, they have battered everyone for years in their league, of course their a class above us! We have 3 or 4 first team players missing there strike line is worth more than our squad and stadium! 

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Things of note:

- Ulloa & Okazaki poses zero threat to a side as good at retaining the ball as PSG.

- Mendy, as predicted, is nothing like Kante. I won't judge him too much yet but I don't see him fitting this system, it would need to change to see the best of him.

- Amartey is a player I can't quite put my finger on. Seems very hit and miss.

- Defending for the second goal was poor but I'll blame rustiness.

We wont play 4-4-2 anymore, its almost a certainty. Perhaps not a first but eventually.

I'm still enjoying it and still some positives. Chilwell apart from goal 2 looks quality. 

If if we'd gone in at 1-0 I'd have backed us to win. Probably going to struggle now.

be good to see some positive changes, as others have said I'd say 5 of this XI will start vs Hull so I wouldn't worry too much! 

5 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

to be fair, we really played with the intensity of a regular game, not a friendly match while they were still in first gear and they are still spanking us.

:D it's PSG not Peterborough! Calm down for Christ sake or your Sunday is going to horrendous! 

PSG look a yard quicker than us all over the pitch at the moment, after a very slow start from us and falling behind, we then started to play how we all know we can and only for a great save and a great reaction header that went inches wide we would've deservedly been level, then PSG just sucker punched us at the end with a quick counter attack goal, I wouldn't say we are out of depth or getting hammered, we just aren't at their fitness level at this moment in time, but it is a great learning experience for the lads and one I'm sure they will learn and improve from as they always seem to do, lets not beat ourselves up.

Didn't catch the first part of the game, too early for me, yet what I've seen looks promising.

PSG are a decent side and we've been caught out at the end of the half with a decent counter.  Shame because we looked pretty decent just before that and half the team was unrecognisable at first.

We're nowhere near full strength, why are people over reacting?  It's a friendly ffs.  Chill out.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Things of note:

- Ulloa & Okazaki poses zero threat to a side as good at retaining the ball as PSG.

- Mendy, as predicted, is nothing like Kante. I won't judge him too much yet but I don't see him fitting this system, it would need to change to see the best of him.

- Amartey is a player I can't quite put my finger on. Seems very hit and miss.

- Defending for the second goal was poor but I'll blame rustiness.

Amartey and Hernanez looking good. Chilwell too, apart from their goal. Okazaki and Ulloa doesn't work though.

- Playing the French champions, who won their league by 30 points last season and are more or less full strength

- Two full backs who are brand new to working with Wes and Huth.

- Two new CMs plus Leo who rarely started last season and has always lacked that cutting edge

- No Vardy, Musa, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Fuchs, Simpson

- This is only our third game of pre-season

EVERYBODY CHILL THE FLIP OUT.

My worry is that we're not playing enough games in this pre season. Yea it's nice to take part in something like this but we haven't got the same class of players as PSG who won't really need much of pre season other than fitness. I'm worried we might be slightly under prepared this season? 

Some of the comments on here lol

Its a friendly ffs. It's about fitness, it's about preparation. It's about ironing out mistakes that we'd rather not make in a couple of weeks time. It's about trying out different combinations that probably won't be our competitive starting line up, like Mendy and Amartey together. It's about getting the likes of Hernandez and Mendy used to playing in our extremely settled line up.

This is not sign we're going to struggle this season in the CL.

6 minutes ago, Shamomoa said:

Worth getting up at 5am for anyone?

Yeah absolutely, fantastic experience and great to see our fans and new fans from the other side of the world.

think a few of you need to get off the high horse now last season is done and dusted and we need to have a little perspective 

2 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

PSG are not even trying...and that's the frustrating thing.

Neither x are City, nobody is going to give their all...For the penalty, Armatey was just unlucky.

City started slow, but then started to play some good football.

Not forgetting, the formation and the players, its all new, there is no routine yet.

PSG have their inbuilt fluency already ticking, they just beat RM a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Admit that a team that got to the quarters of the champions league, they have battered everyone for years in their league, of course their a class above us! We have 3 or 4 first team players missing there strike line is worth more than our squad and stadium! 

You could've slept through and save yourself from stating the obvious history lesson.

Besides, their league is a bit shit, to be honest. Apart from Lyon or maybe Monaco, no other team even comes close to competing with PSG and their spending.

Had that Amartey header gone in to make it 1-1 I suspect a few of these replies would read differently.

Man Utd were thrashed by Dortmund, does that mean they're doomed this season?

Archived