Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. PSG..

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

I'm not asking him to start playing like Neuer and making Cruyff turns on his own goal line but he could quite easily tone down the hoofing and play the simple ball. At worst there's no pass on for the player he passes to and they have to play the percentage ball down the line. At least that would give us the opportunity to keep hold of the ball and grow into a game such as this. Things like that will give us a better chance in the Champions League against sides that are exceptional at keeping the ball. 

The simple ball to huth or Wes, who will then just do what he does because we don't have ball playing defenders and our entire game plan is front to back quickly?

strange how none of the people who've played keeper on here (like MarshallforEngland) have ever found problems with his distribution...

I think a few of you are over tired and should maybe turn off. Some of the comments are laughable! This PSG team ripped apart Real Madrid last week with half this team missing! It's took is a bit to get into the game but it's just about minutes and game time at the mintue! 2-0 flatters them and we have shown glimces of decent football. 

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

We're so getting smashed here by the French side! :D

2-0 PSG.

And I thought playing on the counter was OUR preferred weapon of choice.

Nowhere near getting smashed. All you've done since you come on here today is spunk all over them and slate us. 

Just now, stix said:

Nowhere near getting smashed. All you've done since you come on here today is spunk all over them and slate us. 

to be fair, we really played with the intensity of a regular game, not a friendly match while they were still in first gear and they are still spanking us.

U can tell the quality PSG has is a step above us. But then again you could say that about chelsea, mancity, arsenal and we won the league.

Clearly we arent playing our best football at the moment. Need vardy and danny in there. 

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Remember, this is a guy with Europa League and Champions League experience. And even he comes up with a silly shocker in our own box. Such a horribly stupid and avoidable foul...

No it wasnt..it was just one of those things...the psg player came from his side has Armatey was going to kick it.

Psg player going forward, momentum takes him down...Look at it again..

2 minutes ago, stix said:

The difference in class shows, we've hardly gotten out of first gear and they score twice and with ease.

More a case of them playing far superior to us than us playing badly, I'd say. However, if we want to make things happen up front, it'd help if we managed to keep the ball for more than just two touches.

No Fuchs, Drinkwater, Musa, Albrighton and Vardy, I expect all 5 to start when the real stuff kicks off, possibly Simpson too.

So calm down we have half our first team playing against the French champions almost at full strength. 

They smashed Real and Inter already and we have had 3/4 really good chances.

Things of note:

- Ulloa & Okazaki poses zero threat to a side as good at retaining the ball as PSG.

- Mendy, as predicted, is nothing like Kante. I won't judge him too much yet but I don't see him fitting this system, it would need to change to see the best of him.

- Amartey is a player I can't quite put my finger on. Seems very hit and miss.

- Defending for the second goal was poor but I'll blame rustiness.

Archived