Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Next up.. LIVERPOOL, away.... Thoughts?

Finally, league football's back!

Can't wait for kickoff and I do hope we're in for a treat with regards to team performance. We've seen a slow start and steady improvement over the past few matches and I think we can get something from Anfield today. Liverpool have a tidy squad and are able to outscore any team - however, they still look shaky defensively and that we should exploit.

I don't expect Slimani to start, might come off the bench (and score a late winner, that'd be fantastic!).

Other than that, the same starting XI like against Swansea, with the exception of Zieler in goal instead of Schmeichel (as I don't know whether he's fully fit again yet).

Zieler

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Amartey

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Schmeichel, Hernández, Chilwell, King, Gray, Musa, Slimani

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Finally, league football's back!

Can't wait for kickoff and I do hope we're in for a treat with regards to team performance. We've seen a slow start and steady improvement over the past few matches and I think we can get something from Anfield today. Liverpool have a tidy squad and are able to outscore any team - however, they still look shaky defensively and that we should exploit.

I don't expect Slimani to start, might come off the bench (and score a late winner, that'd be fantastic!).

Other than that, the same starting XI like against Swansea, with the exception of Zieler in goal instead of Schmeichel (as I don't know whether he's fully fit again yet).

Zieler

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Amartey

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Subs: Schmeichel, Hernández, Chilwell, King, Gray, Musa, Slimani

Think Ranieri said Schmeichel is fit for today.

I wouldn't be massively surprised if we don't see Slimani. You'd be mad to not start an essential part of last season's success who's improved this season too. And come 70 minutes, replacing Shiniji for another striker might not be the best move. That said, I'd obviously love to see him. I'm most excited to see Amartey again: to have something even mildly approaching last season's central midfield would be incredible.

Ever the pessimist pre game, I forsee a penalty awarded to them being decisive that on the balance of probability will be another outrageous refereeing decision. 

Its already began but but 'the Powers that be' will ensure we get no decisions this season, just to be certain one of the 'big teams' lift the trophy. 

Im glad I got that off my chest. 

Lets have it !!!! 

Kasper 

Simpson  Huth   Morgan    Fuchs 

Gray   Amartey  Drinkwater Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Mahrez is always slow to recover from Algeria duty and has been poor anyway. I think he needs a wake up, and it worked wonders last time he was dropped. Slimani on for Shinji on 60 if we're struggling, 75 if not. Musa for Gray and switch wings to bring Albrighton's crossing in.

11 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Kasper 

Simpson  Huth   Morgan    Fuchs 

Gray   Amartey  Drinkwater Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

Mahrez is always slow to recover from Algeria duty and has been poor anyway. I think he needs a wake up, and it worked wonders last time he was dropped. Slimani on for Shinji on 60 if we're struggling, 75 if not. Musa for Gray and switch wings to bring Albrighton's crossing in.

Thank God for Claudio!!!!.......must have been a hangover post!!!

Schmeichel 

Simpson - Morgan - Huth - Fuchs

Mahrez - Amartey - Drinkwater - Musa

Okazaki 

Vardy

Subs - Zieler, Hernandez, King, Kapustka, Albrighton, Gray, Slimani

We could easily smash three or four past them and they could easily smash three or four past us. Their front four on their day can destroy anyone, Mane & Coutinho scare me. That left wing spot is well up for grabs, don't think Albrighton is playing well enough, plus he slows us down, but then he's our best option defensively. No doubt we will sit back at times & soak up pressure, then Gray or Musa would be the best option for the counter attack. Doubt we will see Kapustka but I'll stick him on the bench as he scored for Poland last week. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose, I'll be optimistic though and go 2-2, fingers crossed. 

we need to continue to get back to a direct style:  Wingers (esp Gray is guilty here) must not control the ball and then check it back - they need to push it into the box and run with it - this terrifies defenders.  need ball over the top for musa and for vardy.  Early diagonal balls in.

51 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Will Slim even be in the squad sure I read somewhere he only arrived Thursday and trained first time yesterday. Surely CR would have already sorted our squad by then. Not like we have no forwards.

hope he will be in the squad. Will be happy to see him today even for 10min.

1 minute ago, Fennec-Fox said:

hope he will be in the squad. Will be happy to see him today even for 10min.

Big game today if he has only had one session training I would rather he did not get in at all. He will learn more about us watching this one than he will spending ten minutes on the pitch. For sure he is going to get games but my support is for the team not one player.

Any player that plays needs to know exactly what we are about. Yes anyone can have a bad game that happens. But to play a new player after a couple of hours with the squad is a risk however small. He is also coming into the squad that won the league last season.

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Big game today if he has only had one session training I would rather he did not get in at all. He will learn more about us watching this one than he will spending ten minutes on the pitch. For sure he is going to get games but my support is for the team not one player.

Any player that plays needs to know exactly what we are about. Yes anyone can have a bad game that happens. But to play a new player after a couple of hours with the squad is a risk however small. He is also coming into the squad that won the league last season.

Ok. eventhough am not convinced about "The risk"!

Archived