Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

So happy for gray though thag performance was long overdue can tell he's waited for this opportunity for ages. Let's just hope he kicks on now and has minutes consistently which will obviously help him improve his development further too. What impressed me the most yesterday was his work rate and decision making on the bal sometimes we have seen him lose the ball in dangerous areas but the weight of pass and timing for the goal was inch perfect with his weaker foot. 

What was pleasing about the goal was the maturity Gray showed at the end of his dazzling run.In the past he might have gone for goal himself,yesterday he showed composure and awareness,playing a perfectly weighted pass to Riyad. It resulted in a stunning, exquisitely worked goal.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, dedlock said:

What was pleasing about the goal was the maturity Gray showed at the end of his dazzling run.In the past he might have gone for goal himself,yesterday he showed composure and awareness,playing a perfectly weighted pass to Riyad. It resulted in a stunning, exquisitely worked goal.

Exactly - and the thing that i'm really excited about is despite Mahrez (technically) getting the assist and Vardy scoring, it is Gray's involvement that everyone is talking about. Hopefully it shows him that he doesn't need to go for glory himself in order to take the plaudits. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Gray seemed to walk off on his own after the first goal. Vardy ran to Mahrez to thank him for the assist and everyone else went to them. I might just be over-sensitive on his behalf and was only watching on TV.

Vardy was talking and being pally with Gray.

Mahrez, Chilly, Gray and Vardy all seemed pretty happy and after the second goal they all congratulated him whilst he milked the applause from the crowd, which was right in front of my part of the ground :)

Edited by ithuriel

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

and what form is that, he had a very good game followed with a good game, in the end of the day, contributing to goals is the best way to know what on form is (not ust goals and assists, but pre-assists like vardy vs everton and iborra today matter, and you can add forcing an own goal to that)

here is gray's

gray.thumb.png.307d76581cc4c94fdabcbfcbae8c9d89.png

and here is mahrez's

mahrez.png.fad79336cd958ae42e0deeac12ad1d9f.png

you can kinda see who is on form, because just running around without end product isn't "form"

It's took you more than a year to make that point?

Coinciding with Mahrez finally putting shifts in again, the last 4 (League) games he's been brilliant, where's he been for the past year (On a whole) though.

The form at that time (Last October!) or a case of Mahrez's lack of and wanting change, I had a point.

Well done for digging that up though.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

It's took you more than a year to make that point?

Coinciding with Mahrez finally putting shifts in again, the last 4 games he's been brilliant, where's he been for the past year (On a whole) though.

The form at that time (Last October!) or a case of Mahrez's lack of and wanting change, I had a point.

Well done for digging that up though.

my bad, matt, already deleted the comment, i mistakenly thought that it was a new comment:thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Class again today, also doesn't leave us exposed at all it's a myth. He's so good back and forth and it was the last line of excuses to claim he couldn't defend. Albrighton might as well open a salad bar, he's done for.

Actually think he's our answer as an attacking midfielder. Would play Albrighton and Mahrez beside him in a 4231.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Actually think he's our answer as an attacking midfielder. Would play Albrighton and Mahrez beside him in a 4231.

I fear Albrighton has lost his place should Gray keep this form (which he probably will). Puel favours the youngsters. Especially the promising ones.

• Like 2

I reckon Gray thinks if he has a good game and scores a goal then he should be in the England squad. 

I mean England are shit but surely it shouldn't be that easy. The kid needs to knuckle down, work hard and if he consistently produces good performances he will make the squad.

I think he needs to become more of a 'team' player. It doesn't seem to be about 'Leicester City' for him but more 'Demarai Gray' 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He is blaming shakey for not playing him as to why he's not in the England squad. This kid has seriously high views of himself. Not sure if I like that attitude or not!

I'm actually encouraged by his confidence and how motivated he is to do well.

That's only good for us. All he's ever wanted to do is play and be given a run of games. 

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I reckon Gray thinks if he has a good game and scores a goal then he should be in the England squad. 

I mean England are shit but surely it shouldn't be that easy. The kid needs to knuckle down, work hard and if he consistently produces good performances he will make the squad.

I think he needs to become more of a 'team' player. It doesn't seem to be about 'Leicester City' for him but more 'Demarai Gray' 

You have to remember that Southgate is in charge who managed him for the under 21s and is throwing the young players in.

They've probably had a conversation about how close he is to the senior squad IF he's playing for Leicester.