Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Gray saying today we've held him back. I thought he was playing for Birmingham in the Championship until we recruited him to a Premiership-winning, Champions League-playing squad. He's a great talent and I have long advocated he get more game time but he really is difficult to love...I've no doubt he'll be off at the first top six offer (so as not to be held back).... 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I personally think we'll move onto the formation we beat Everton with. I can see Chilwell moving to left back with Gray and Albrighton on the wings with Mahrez in behind Vardy.

Yes that's what I mean although I don't think chilwell is the answer at left back. Imo chilwell is better as a wing back or winger. I think Albrighton could also play as a wing back. 

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Come on, Albrighton clearly hasn't been at his best (who has been!) and Gray as certainly stepped up his performances to more than warrant a starting place now. But lets now make out that it's some kind of travesty that he wasn't always ahead of him. Alrighton has been one of our most consistent performers since the start of the great escape and the majority of the time more than warranted starting.

Yea Albrighton's been ok for the last year or 2 but I havent missed him twatting it to the other team 3000 times a game. Albrighton is pretty much picked because of defence and the occasional class cross, but we have hardly missed him have we.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

For me it's not what he's said that's the issue. The issue is does he need to say it at all?

why not just concentrate on playing now instead of bemoaning the past?

why can people like yourself never understand when players are away with England, even at U21 level, they get put forward for interviews by the FA, Gray is one of the senior players in the current U21 squad so he would always be put forward, Gray hasn't rung the journo and said all this, 3 of his England U21 teammates have just been called up to the senior squad and the obvious question to any U21 player is "How far away do you think you are to a senior call up?"

Gray gave a very reasonable answer of "I think had I been playing for Leicester I'm good enough I would have been called up"

Can Leicester fans PLEASE stop looking for a reason so attack this lad

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Yea Albrighton's been ok for the last year or 2 but I havent missed him twatting it to the other team 3000 times a game. Albrighton is pretty much picked because of defence and the occasional class cross, but we have hardly missed him have we.

We've beaten an appalling Everton and drew with an awful Stoke, Gray has played ok... but I think I'll reserve judgement on that one.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

why can people like yourself never understand when players are away with England, even at U21 level, they get put forward for interviews by the FA, Gray is one of the senior players in the current U21 squad so he would always be put forward, Gray hasn't rung the journo and said all this, 3 of his England U21 teammates have just been called up to the senior squad and the obvious question to any U21 player is "How far away do you think you are to a senior call up?"

Gray gave a very reasonable answer of "I think had I been playing for Leicester I'm good enough I would have been called up"

He has been pretty much saying "I need to play more" ever since he arrived. It's the sense of entitlement he conveys. His talent is beyond doubt, but he has lots of areas of his game to improve and he needs to understand he is competing with Mahrez (world class on his day) and Albrighton who is a better defensive fix. He had a point when Mahrez was woeful, Gray should have been given more game time last season, but when he was given it, he didn't take the chance all that well. I think he's already had two contracts since he's been here, has complained pretty much throughout and even when interviewed after playing well he conveys no pleasure, staring coldly on to the horizon as if looking for the scout from Barcelona. Just let the ball do the talking son...   

• Like 1

On 25/09/2017 at 05:33, erlee said:

i think Gray will be out on the market during the next transfer window.

Totally disagree with you on that, now he is getting game time he will stay at Leicester, quality player imo but I have always said that, I can remember people on this forum slating gray. I hope he has proved all those doubters wrong 

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

He has been pretty much saying "I need to play more" ever since he arrived. It's the sense of entitlement he conveys. His talent is beyond doubt, but he has lots of areas of his game to improve and he needs to understand he is competing with Mahrez (world class on his day) and Albrighton who is a better defensive fix. He had a point when Mahrez was woeful, Gray should have been given more game time last season, but when he was given it, he didn't take the chance all that well. I think he's already had two contracts since he's been here, has complained pretty much throughout and even when interviewed after playing well he conveys no pleasure, staring coldly on to the horizon as if looking for the scout from Barcelona. Just let the ball do the talking son...   

not everyone can be Shinji

mkyodo_photo_PK2015072598354002_BI_JPG_0

9 hours ago, Babylon said:

It must be for someone who thinks he's better but isn't performing better.

Albrighton has been horse muck this season and every time Gray has taken to the field he's been better than him. I don't even think there's a debate right now, Albrighton has to pull his finger out, he's been very very poor.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Albrighton has been horse muck this season and every time Gray has taken to the field he's been better than him. I don't even think there's a debate right now, Albrighton has to pull his finger out, he's been very very poor.

But he wasn't before...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

It's sad because it's true. 

And the sad truth hurts.

• Like 1

He's said nothing wrong. It's spot on. While I don't think he took enough of his chances that he got under CS and CR, it's hard to say that the other two exactly played out of their skin either.

His words have been twisted a bit to make it sound like he's having a pop at the club.

Our last two games have been a bit of an eye opener. Gray and Mahrez started without a second thought and instead of us worrying about what harm it'll do us in defence, it's actually making the opposition worry instead.

If Albrighton is on the pitch, arguably Stoke don't score their equaliser.

But if Albrighton is on the pitch over Gray, I doubt we create as many chances as we did in that first half - enough to win the game. Absolutely criminal that we drew it. Two dropped.

I fancy him to have a big year. He's clearly got something and Puel clearly wants to use it.

• Like 1