Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

• 1 month later...

Have to say well played Gray today, that moment of magic won the game for us. 

I have posted before that whilst undoubtedly very skilful, he is not my favourite player, but he proved me wrong today and played like a team player. 

I must say, I was impressed yesterday, he had an incredible performance. But I feel like Gray is very similar to Mahrez in the sense that he tries too hard to be "special." Sometimes it works and we praise them, but the sad truth is, most of the time it won't. And I don't know if we could afford two luxury players on the same time. When they both perform sure, but when they don't, well have a huge problem on our hands.

So I'd like to wait and see if Gray could replicate these performances on a consistent basis before I jump on the Gray bandwagon. 

Edited by Redouane
  • Like 1

He's only had 12 starts since joining us nearly 2 years ago. 12 starts in nearly 2 years!! Fair play to Puel for doing what many on here have wanted - starting both Gray and Mahrez together in home games against bottom half opposition. Away from home against top 6 I can see Albrighton starting maybe.

With respect to Albrighton, he would never ease past 3 players with the ball glued to his feet. Love Marc for what he does but Gray is technically far more gifted.

5 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that Gray seemed to walk off on his own after the first goal. Vardy ran to Mahrez to thank him for the assist and everyone else went to them. I might just be over-sensitive on his behalf and was only watching on TV.

He celebrated like he'd scored with Chilwell then ran over to the other side where Vardy was.

He was very very happy with that goal and he didn't even score it lol

You can see on this video 

Edited by Stevosevic

Just now, Stevosevic said:

He celebrated like he'd scored with Chilwell then ran over to the other side where Vardy was.

Thanks, only saw it on TV and thought it might be a dressing room issue. Hopefully he will be starting more under Puel.

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

You can see on this video 

All I take from that is... Anita :nigel:

• Like 2