Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

20 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

If Albrighton was anywhere near as good as some Leicester fans think he is, he'd have been in the England squad a long time ago. 

You think Gray would be in the squad based on his league minutes over the last few years? Or is it because he's shone against league one standard opposition in the Under 21's for the last year or so?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I'm not saying Albrighton is amazing but he does his job well. Organised, disciplined, reliable and loyal.

Gray is obviously the more exciting player but exciting doesn't always win you games, in a lot of scenarios it costs you. 

For all the Leicester fans slagging off Albrighton and wanking off Gray. I've got news for you: as soon as Gray starts playing regularly and playing well. Guess what? Next he'll be whinging he wants to move to a 'bigger club'. If he's as good as everyone on here is making out there is no way he will still be a Leicester player in 2 years time. 

and?

Gray could command a £50M transfer fee in the future but if a top club come for albrighton he would be off as well.

No one can deny albrighton has been a key player for us but it's not surprising a new manager with new ideas wants to play Gray instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Royston. said:

and?

Gray could command a £50M transfer fee in the future but if a top club come for albrighton he would be off as well.

No one can deny albrighton has been a key player for us but it's not surprising a new manager with new ideas wants to play Gray instead.

I agree with you and he should be playing more, as he is now. 

What annoys me is every 3 months or so a story comes along where Gray is moaning or looking for a move.

He's just doesn't strike me of a 'loyal' type player (like Vardy) and will probably leave at the first opportunity. Unless... he's not AS GOOD as people think and the top teams don't bid.

Lets be honest the main reason he signed a new deal is probably because no other club would pay him the wages we were offering. I mean the lad didn't even want to join us when he played for Birmingham!

17 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I agree with you and he should be playing more, as he is now. 

What annoys me is every 3 months or so a story comes along where Gray is moaning or looking for a move.

He's just doesn't strike me of a 'loyal' type player (like Vardy) and will probably leave at the first opportunity. Unless... he's not AS GOOD as people think and the top teams don't bid.

Lets be honest the main reason he signed a new deal is probably because no other club would pay him the wages we were offering. I mean the lad didn't even want to join us when he played for Birmingham!

Loyalty is a myth. There is no such thing. It has more something to do with ambition. If Vardy was 20 or 21, you bet he'd been gone when Arsenal knocked at the door. If Gray's good and big clubs come in of course he'll go. Why shouldn't he? If you're talented and like to improve yourself, you'd do it with the best .

That's how things work. Can't understand how people would begrudge him for that.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 2

I think we have to be fairly realistic really - if anybody does very well here and the club isn't pushing on, they're likely to be off.

We ****ed our chance of breaking that cycle when we'd just won the league and instead of consolidating our position amongst the top 5/6 clubs in the country, went and signed some absolute toss.

Southampton (for example) have always had to sell but have only ever really been able to offer top half PL footy - our success was so instant that there wasn't time for our players to get nabbed and we could then offer Champions League football. Such a bloody good opportunity pissed away.

26 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Is gray a sticker or a twister... does he see us as a place he can grow and enjoy his football or are we just a stepping stone.

It will be diffucult to shift his view

I think it depends on the ambition and success of the club. If we're fighting for Europe in the League and for the cups, he'll be more inclined to stay, but if we're floundering around midtable he'll go. I think as he gets more game time he'll get better and more mature as a player. He's exactly the player we need to retain if we want to progress as a club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

If Albrighton was anywhere near as good as some Leicester fans think he is, he'd have been in the England squad a long time ago. 

The problem with Albrighton is he's not the type of winger England seem to want - the same thing with Simpson in defence.

Albrighton's problem atm. is that without being able to bang the crosses in properly/accurately, he offers little going forward - an out of form Albrighton is a full back, not a winger, and we don't need him there atm..  Gray, however, at least offers something going forward, even if not as good going backwards, and right now, that's what we need, and what England want, both from their wingers AND their fullbacks, it seems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

I'm not saying Albrighton is amazing but he does his job well. Organised, disciplined, reliable and loyal.

Gray is obviously the more exciting player but exciting doesn't always win you games, in a lot of scenarios it costs you. 

For all the Leicester fans slagging off Albrighton and wanking off Gray. I've got news for you: as soon as Gray starts playing regularly and playing well. Guess what? Next he'll be whinging he wants to move to a 'bigger club'. If he's as good as everyone on here is making out there is no way he will still be a Leicester player in 2 years time. 

I've got news for you, bru. If Gray has a couple of good seasons starting for us and playing as well as i think he can to the point of him going off to a big club i dont care at all

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Obviously he would leave if a top 6 team came in.

Who wouldn't?

It depends.

It seems playing is more important than not to Gray. 

Now he’s not been playing regular here but that might be changing, if he left for a top 6 team I think playing opportunities would be even less, just ask Danny Benchwarmer admittedly he’s been injured but I don’t see him being a regular starter regardless, time will tell.

Money wise it’d be a no brainer to move, that said Tottenham are included in that top 6 statement, I’m led to believe we pay better than them.

Albrighton is a legend for us.  I love him.  Gray is very exciting and could become a legend.  I like him.  It's not one or the other and they seem to be pals and get on, it's just us fans that start slating/wanking over each other's posts depending on our own, presupposed bias.  I am very pleased for Gray and I also think that Albrighton is very, very unlucky to hat have received an input after all he has done.

Up the Foxes.

X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The difference is Gray can win you a match by himself and his defensive and tactical contribution is getting better so there's not as much difference between him and Albrighton as there was defensively now. Albrighton might put in a cross that will end up creating a goal, but when you're playing Vardy and Mahrez/Okazaki with him, I doubt you're gonna get many crosses into them that will create goals. 

Gray hasn't done that once whilst playing for Leicester though. 

6 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Is there a reason why both gray and Albrighton can't start?

So long as we play 4-4-2 Mahrez will always play.

I personally think we'll move onto the formation we beat Everton with. I can see Chilwell moving to left back with Gray and Albrighton on the wings with Mahrez in behind Vardy.