Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

48 minutes ago, Gforce19 said:

If in doubt think back to Sheffield Utd game and his crosses went out for throw ins and his shots went out for throw ins !!!! No one be kidded , he needs to be sold whatever he does in the World Cup 

It was all worth it in the end with his 'well-taken' goal.

And the celebrations in the away end when he did!.... lol

• Thanks 1

On 03/06/2018 at 22:20, CarbonVirtine said:

Well indeed.

My take was a kind of reverse psychology; Musa appeared to be so laughably poor that he must have been suffering with confidence problems or somesuch. It just seemed impossible that we'd sign a player quite so incapable. I mean, there must have been some due diligence. Even a cursory glance would have sounded alarm bells. Ergo, Musa is not as shIt as he looks.  

I think theres something in this. Makes me wonder to what extent players haven’t been adequately welcomed or integrated into the group? Yes he’s been poor and his confidence at times looked shocking, but he’s had glimpses of real ability - I’m thinking Barcelona and Everton away in the cup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

I think theres something in this. Makes me wonder to what extent players haven’t been adequately welcomed or integrated into the group? Yes he’s been poor and his confidence at times looked shocking, but he’s had glimpses of real ability - I’m thinking Barcelona and Everton away in the cup.

Was he not used as a central striker in those games not stuck out on the wing???

3 hours ago, bmouth_fox said:

All irrelavent if u ask me he does not suit Puel style of play, and he is no winger.

9 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Probably not going to happen now, but I always assumed he was originally bought as a successor to Vardy.

I never really had anything against Wolves until they won the Championship and have became a self-proclaimed huge European club. Here’s hoping for a rude awakening! 

On 03/06/2018 at 22:08, Gforce19 said:

If in doubt think back to Sheffield Utd game and his crosses went out for throw ins and his shots went out for throw ins !!!! No one be kidded , he needs to be sold whatever he does in the World Cup 

I feel blessed to have been at Bramall Lane that evening just to witness Musa.

• Haha 1

On 02/06/2018 at 09:07, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Nah we will watch him score 17 world cup goals and fall back in love with him like we did after the Barca game. He will come straight back into the side in place of vardy..... then it will be service as usual 

...I actually believe, he is better as a lone striker!!!

Just now, CarbonVirtine said:

Well indeed.

My take was a kind of reverse psychology; Musa appeared to be so laughably poor that he must have been suffering with confidence problems or somesuch. It just seemed impossible that we'd sign a player quite so incapable. I mean, there must have been some due diligence. Even a cursory glance would have sounded alarm bells. Ergo, Musa is not as shIt as he looks.  

I think I agree with this.

Going strictly on the evidence in a Leicester shirt, he appears a complete write off, despite the Barcelona and Everton games. However, Nigeria have a population of nearly 200 million and a lot of footballers and he makes their best 23.

Is he just fragile (confidence wise) ?   Is he the type where, when one thing goes wrong on the pitch, he struggles to recover? Has he been integrated properly or felt marginal to what's happening at the club? I suspect he may be a combination of all three.

Either way, I'm not sure this move is going to work out for him so he probably should be moved on. Unfortunately, we'll take a loss I would think or at best recoup our outlay given the rise in player prices since he been with us

8 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I think I agree with this.

Going strictly on the evidence in a Leicester shirt, he appears a complete write off, despite the Barcelona and Everton games. However, Nigeria have a population of nearly 200 million and a lot of footballers and he makes their best 23.

Is he just fragile (confidence wise) ?   Is he the type where, when one thing goes wrong on the pitch, he struggles to recover? Has he been integrated properly or felt marginal to what's happening at the club? I suspect he may be a combination of all three.

Either way, I'm not sure this move is going to work out for him so he probably should be moved on. Unfortunately, we'll take a loss I would think or at best recoup our outlay given the rise in player prices since he been with us

Good point 

But didn’t Ade Akinbiyi get a Cap 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Good point 

But didn’t Ade Akinbiyi get a Cap 

Touche.

Bit of difference between 1 cap to look at a player (Akinbiyi) and 71 caps over 8 years (Musa) 

Lars Lagerback was the first to cap him and, as England have found to their cost, he's no mug.

As I said though, for whatever reason, it just seems like it's not going to work out for him here which is a shame if that's the case.

Edited by Max Wall

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He's older than Vardy.

Aside from being 6 years younger... 

Do think there is a player in there - friendly or not you just don't mug Barcelona off like that. Must be really fragile mentally and struggled more than the rest as the Ranieri era fell apart

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Do think there is a player in there - friendly or not you just don't mug Barcelona off like that. Must be really fragile mentally and struggled more than the rest as the Ranieri era fell apart

Joke fell flat there then... :thumbdown:

16 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Didn't he have some family problems during his time here? Really hard to tell with him. We know he's great in the Russian league. Knew that before, knew it again now. And that he was once great in the national side but fell by the wayside.

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Didn't he have some family problems during his time here? Really hard to tell with him. We know he's great in the Russian league. Knew that before, knew it again now. And that he was once great in the national side but fell by the wayside.

His mum died of cancer while he was with us.

20 hours ago, weller54 said:

Plus he was getting married every other week! 

And found it difficult to give time to match days whilst opening another Petrol Station in his Chain....