Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

3 hours ago, surrifox said:

Yes I get that .I'd just like to see some evidence that he's giving the club some sort of return for the thick end of £20 million in fees and wages 

I don't see why his wages worry you but I'd like to see him play well for us on the pitch too. He won't do that whilst Vardy is fit as in reality he was obviously bought in as the speedy attacker to replace Vardy when it looked like he was on his way to Arsenal. Trying to shoehorn him into a position or style that isn't his is a waste of time and that is down to the club not the player. if you want to knock someone then it should be the decision makers at the club not Musa. He does seem to put the effort in whenever he plays (he's certainly not gone down the Ulloa route).

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I warm to the sheer bloody mindedness on here, but let's face it, Musa now looks to have been an awful signing.

I wonder whether those whose opinion this time last year was to 'give it time' and 'everyone needs a chance' are banging the same drum now, 12 months later?

Musa isn't even playing. Is he injured?

The ridiculousness of the whole situation is that this was a signing not far off 20 million quid with a pretty super record of scoring goals in Russia.

Again, in the sober light of day, I have no idea what is going on at the club...pretty much ever since we won the title.

As I said above we aren't playing him where he was signed for because Vardy never left. That's not a bad thing and certainly not a reason to critisize Musa. You are right that it's the club that needs to be questioned.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

By charging them for petrol? :blink:

By creating jobs in his local community, by offering a needed service in his local community.

Or do you think that petrol should be free just because he's a footballer?

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

In all sincerity, it actually is like the club stopped on that beautiful afternoon the title was won.

I know it did for some fans. Myself and my mates (all nearly fifty now) have not been anywhere near as bothered since we did the impossible. It can't get better for us fellas who have seen so many years of crappy managers, great football, mixed with some awful stuff etc.

But it also seems like time has stood still for the club. What is our aim now? To stay in the Prem? To win a cup? 

What?

What are we going to do with the likes of Musa, Slim, Kaputska (only out on loan I think?), Mahrez ( who wants out so much he's supposedly tarted himself around Europe!)

The club needs to get some identity back. We seem to be drifting and, unfortunately, downward.

Exactly, the way the club is going I hope we don't do a Blackburn and end up fighting it out in the 3rd division again.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I warm to the sheer bloody mindedness on here, but let's face it, Musa now looks to have been an awful signing.

I wonder whether those whose opinion this time last year was to 'give it time' and 'everyone needs a chance' are banging the same drum now, 12 months later?

Musa isn't even playing. Is he injured?

The ridiculousness of the whole situation is that this was a signing not far off 20 million quid with a pretty super record of scoring goals in Russia.

Again, in the sober light of day, I have no idea what is going on at the club...pretty much ever since we won the title.

I for one am still banging the same drum, even if not nearly as loud. He just wasn't given enough chances for me and we're too stuck on our usual Vardy + Okazaki duo we seem to lack any decent alternative. People were asking for plan B in attack during the title winning season already. When was the last time we even saw Musa on the pitch, 2 months ago? If the guy has gone backwards (and it's more than possible seeing how some of our other players have gone, even first team regulars), I'd say it's not entirely his fault. He was thrown around the pitch by CR and barely played under Shakes. Like any player he needs a run of games to come good but when he doesn't get that, what else can he do. He always seems to lack sharpness, but that can only come with games. It's quite telling what his position at the club is when Shaky prefer to field both Slim and Leo at the same time in the cup instead of starting Moose for once (he haven't started a single game under Shakes if I'm not mistaken). His days at Leicester seem to be numbered (and quite possibly the gaffer's are too).

Yes, a disappointing signing, but IMO Musa is only partially to blame for that. The staff fuchsed up with the recruitment since winning the title in every possible way, and if you thought last season was bad, what to tell about this one, the 'Silva Saga' alone is embarrassing enough.

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Watch Musa rip up the WC while we all stare in befuddlement. 

Nah we will watch him score 17 world cup goals and fall back in love with him like we did after the Barca game. He will come straight back into the side in place of vardy..... then it will be service as usual 

Yep, if he scores a few people on here will be saying “blah blah blah we didn’t give him a chance, could see the best of him” when the fact is he’s mostly a poor player and CSKA had our pants down.

• Like 1

I know. I was wondering whether they'd turned him back into a footballer at CSKA.....

... And then he tackles in such desperation that he 'tackles' with his hands first....

Foul and a yellow card...

:facepalm:

Edited by Riyad_Suarez

Musa is a Raheem Sterling on  steroids. he’s quicker, even more unpredictable and you have no idea what he’s going to be like. A case of unreliable and somewhat damp fireworks that could explode. that aspect alone is a weapon in any comp especially the World Cup

off topic I know but watching Sterling last night you realise that any pub team player playing in a Man City side with world class players around you would be made to look good.  Booked for diving in a friendly wtf.  Mahrez has absolutely nothing to worry about when he goes to Man City he will walk into their team,

• Like 1

A good World Cup with Barcelona-esque performances against Argentina, Iceland and Croatia and we're doing well in selling him for a decent fee, minimizing the loss we made on him when we first bought him from CSKA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

No-one, let alone a "pub team player" can get away with playing in a team with "world-class players" if they're not sharp enough, strong enough or fast enough to respond to the rapidity with which players of such ability think.

The fact that he's attempting to get a penalty has nothing to do with his ability.

Are you stating that Guardiola and Southgate are somehow mistaken or misguided in consistently selecting him for their respective teams?

Mahrez will always have difficulty, if and when he's hired by a team of the level of Man City or Barcelona or wherever, in consistently getting in to the team as a first pick. His form will dip and he'll blame that on anyone but himself. He lacks commitment - Sterling certainly doesn't lack that.

That was/is the Problem in the end for Mahrez,but as we have Seen in the Last with many Potential

top Players,once in the Hands of real top Coaches and Managers....Commitment suddenly after a few

ear-cuffs from teammates,and the Manager,Lack of a moments Skill,will be forgiven,but Not Lack of

Commitment....So If He goes,He will have to Shape Up,and Play at least 4/5 quality Games,Not 1/5.!!

6 minutes ago, Gforce19 said:

If in doubt think back to Sheffield Utd game and his crosses went out for throw ins and his shots went out for throw ins !!!! No one be kidded , he needs to be sold whatever he does in the World Cup 

Well indeed.

My take was a kind of reverse psychology; Musa appeared to be so laughably poor that he must have been suffering with confidence problems or somesuch. It just seemed impossible that we'd sign a player quite so incapable. I mean, there must have been some due diligence. Even a cursory glance would have sounded alarm bells. Ergo, Musa is not as shIt as he looks.  

• Like 2