Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

18 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Kasper is a hero/adonis/god/legend/leader of men and so much more.

Absolutely vital part of our rise to the title win and this season's CL heroics.

We went through so many dross keepers in the years before we had him, I swear we must've had about 5 one year. To have someone like Kasper who has been so dependable and has got better and better really cannot be underestimated. He, as much as Wes, is the heart of this team and I'll be absolutely gutted if he goes.

Totally agree but now you've got me thinking on those 5 in one year cos I'm sure your right,got 4 I reckon 

lkeme 

stockdale

alnwick 

Bunn possibly 

42 minutes ago, rgc1967 said:

Totally agree but now you've got me thinking on those 5 in one year cos I'm sure your right,got 4 I reckon 

lkeme 

stockdale

alnwick 

Bunn possibly 

38 minutes ago, pds said:

Pentney came on.

Martin

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Martin

Yep his old man sat behind us at leyton orient.

Didn't bunn save a penalty at bristol rovers.

Deffo had a few keepers that season.

As the post above says as well sure we had tony warner on loan as well.

Eventful.

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

I go back as far as when Shilton was in goal for us.

Schmeichel is more of a character/leader and is better than any keeper we've had since Shilton IMO.

Kasper is one of my all time favourite LCFC players. Can't praise him highly enough.

With you 100% ....loved Wally, Flowers and Keller but Schmeichel is the best I have seen!!

Not only has he improved year on year he continues to push himself and also is a great example and leader.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yep his old man sat behind us at leyton orient.

Didn't bunn save a penalty at bristol rovers.

Deffo had a few keepers that season.

As the post above says as well sure we had tony warner on loan as well.

Eventful.

Yeah his dad was sat just infront of us at Cheltenham away.

And Bunn did. Saved against Lambert. 

Just now, Old Fox said:

With you 100% ....loved Wally, Flowers and Keller but Schmeichel is the best I have seen!!

Not only has he improved year on year he continues to push himself and also is a great example and leader.

Will be gutted if he leaves anytime soon. But I rate him that highly I'm surprised that a really top club hasn't come in for him before now.

5 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Ahhh, yes!  Kasey Keller, the reason I am a Leicester City supporter.

Got PL coverage in the US in 1998, looked around, saw only one American (AFAIK) in the PL, immediately chose that team as my own.

Little did I know what a ride that would send me on...  Down, up, and every other possible direction in 19 years!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Schmeichel is more of a character/leader and is better than any keeper we've had since Shilton IMO.

Kasper is one of my all time favourite LCFC players. Can't praise him highly enough.

Mark Wallington was superb and massively underated.would have played for england had we not been blessed by shilton clemence  Parkes Corrigan

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Adster said:

Didn't he drop an absolute howler at Liverpool away last season? I remember him rushing out needlessly and Mane completely ruining him.

Think Firmino Scored it, can't remember though.

I vaguely remember that one. Not saying he didn't make a mistake but wasn't the defence nowhere to be seen? I think they got behind us so easily in that game that Schmeichel felt like he had to play sweeper. 

I think it worked once but the second time he got done. 

4 hours ago, lnkstern said:

Ahhh, yes!  Kasey Keller, the reason I am a Leicester City supporter.

Got PL coverage in the US in 1998, looked around, saw only one American (AFAIK) in the PL, immediately chose that team as my own.

Little did I know what a ride that would send me on...  Down, up, and every other possible direction in 19 years!

You should talk to @The_77 and @Jordan - you have the same super hero origin stories!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danizen said:

I vaguely remember that one. Not saying he didn't make a mistake but wasn't the defence nowhere to be seen? I think they got behind us so easily in that game that Schmeichel felt like he had to play sweeper. 

I think it worked once but the second time he got done. 

Yeah the defence definitely did him no favours for it. Kasper does like rushing out occasionally but he got totally done by Mane for this one. 

11 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Wallington, Kasey Keller, Flowers, Walker....???? 

I would throw all of them with Kasper in the mix....

Wallington being my Personal no1 from that group, but I wouldnt really bother to argue over it,

They all brought something to the table, that was a cut above,the other Top 2 league goalkeepers.

Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Flowers, Kasper.  My top 5 and you can argue the toss in which order...

Not forgetting over that whole period, we saw also some quality from the injured or short stay GKs

Leicester had a deserved reputation, for finding  top Gks, even the 2nd choices had quality.

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Will be gutted if he leaves anytime soon. But I rate him that highly I'm surprised that a really top club hasn't come in for him before now.

Same here. I'm with you, I think he's been an exemplary signing and I'm very very surprised he's not been snapped up.

The only thing I can think of as to why not, is his height. I don't think he's the tallest?

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Wallington, Kasey Keller, Flowers, Walker....???? 

I would throw all of them with Kasper in the mix....

Wallington being my Personal no1 from that group, but I wouldnt really bother to argue over it,

They all brought something to the table, that was a cut above,the other Top 2 league goalkeepers.

Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Flowers, Kasper.  My top 5 and you can argue the toss in which order...

Not forgetting over that whole period, we saw also some quality from the injured or short stay GKs

Leicester had a deserved reputation, for finding  top Gks, even the 2nd choices had quality.

Oh also, I never actually addressed the question of the thread.

I have personally only experienced two Leicester keepers, Keller and Kasper.  I can't really rate Kasey, as I knew squat about football at that time.  I was just happy that Leicester was winning occasionally and staying up for a few years.

I dearly love Kasper.  I rate him top five in the PL.  Of course, I am obviously biased... :)

For reference, I respect and like Hugo LLoris, Frasier Forster, Peter Cech (though he is showing signs of age), Simon Mignolet, and Kasper.

Kasper is by far and away the best keeper of my time supporting Leicester. 

I was dreading the sevilla away leg and only for him it could have been a rout. 

Pleased that he's still with us for now. We could replace an outfield player easier than we could kasper. 

• Like 1