Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

1 minute ago, AmyLGK said:

I honestly think that losing Kasper would be the worst - he's by far the most influential player on that pitch - the back 4 fell apart (even more) when Zeigler had to deputise last season. 

Yup Kasper and Vardy are the must keeps imo

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yup Kasper and Vardy are the must keeps imo

Kasper, Vardy & Ndidi for me

Kasper: Much improved in last 2 years (esp. high balls, command of area), now a top keeper at his peak - and a powerful motivating presence

Vardy: Defines how we play tactically (bar a complete tactical overhaul), quality finisher, fiercely determined personality & much-improved, under-rated team player

Ndidi: Already an accomplished deep/central midfielder capable of becoming a box-to-box man, with a good long-shot, reading of game, tackling, heading, quick & accurate release of ball & calm, self-confident temperament - and so young still

I'd love Mahrez to stay, as there are few players in football capable of such wizardry, but am resigned to him probably leaving. Love Fuchs - and most of the rest - but they are replaceable. We'd struggle to fully replace Kasper, Vardy or Ndidi.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Kasper: Much improved in last 2 years (esp. high balls, command of area), now a top keeper at his peak - and a powerful motivating presence

Vardy: Defines how we play tactically (bar a complete tactical overhaul), quality finisher, fiercely determined personality & much-improved, under-rated team player

Ndidi: Already an accomplished deep/central midfielder capable of becoming a box-to-box man, with a good long-shot, reading of game, tackling, quick & accurate release of ball & calm, self-confident temperament - and so young still

I'd love Mahrez to stay, as there are few players in football capable of such wizardry, but am resigned to him probably leaving. Love Fuchs - and most of the rest - but they are replaceable. We'd struggle to fully replace Kasper, Vardy or Ndidi.

He's about Kasper's age :ph34r:

That aside, I agree that Schmeichel and Vardy are the toughest to replace like for like. Those two along with Mahrez are the players we are unlikely to improve on quality-wise.

Don't think Fuchs will be easily replaced. Chilwell is not at his level yet, especially not defensively, and Fuchs is one of those infectuous personalities that contributes significantly to a team becoming more than the sum of its parts.

• Like 3

On 23/06/2017 at 02:05, oxford blue said:

Is Peter Shilton the only goalkeeper to score for City? I remember he scored against Southampton early into his career at Leicester. (I can't remember another keeper scoring, altho' Kasper should have had a goal credited.) Shilton has to be the best keeper I've seen over the time he was at City. Having said that if he Kasper stays and continues his recent form he will be coming very close to Shilton. It's always difficult to judge players from different eras: for example goalies today are expected to initiate attacks; in Shilton's era there were far more high crosses into the box so keepers needed to dominate the space around them which Shilton did very well. Kasper appears to be more confident now to do this which will improve us defensively as a unit.

I agree with the comments about Wallington - reliable but not outstanding as Shilton/Kasper can be.

I was at that match. I think we won 5 1 that day. I think the Saints keeper was Forsyth.

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Ndidi: Already an accomplished deep/central midfielder capable of becoming a box-to-box man, with a good long-shot, reading of game, tackling, heading, quick & accurate release of ball & calm, self-confident temperament - and so young still

Fully agreed -- Kasper, Vardy, Ndidi, and (I agree) Fuchs are not currently replaceable at this time.  Mahrez will be hard to let go, but if he wants to go we have to let him.  Get $70 mil (I can't do the pound symbol) for him and wish him a great career!

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

90th this year then? 

That's right, West Brom at home. If the weather is okay, one of the family will give her their ST.

Her last match was Everton at home, 2015/16, to watch the celebrations. I have her my ticket and I watched the game in The Clarendon. She loved it although missed Bocelli singing as queueing for the loo! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoyJones said:

That's right, West Brom at home. If the weather is okay, one of the family will give her their ST.

Her last match was Everton at home, 2015/16, to watch the celebrations. I have her my ticket and I watched the game in The Clarendon. She loved it although missed Bocelli singing as queueing for the loo! 

Time to wee again.... 

12 hours ago, Thracian said:

We might have a nice kind of problem at left-back. Fuchs has been and still is a terrific servant but Chilwell's learning fast Fuchs will be well aware because I'm quite sure he's had some influence and input.

And it's getting harder and harder to choose between them.

Defensively, it may be that Fuchs still shades it.

But in attack - and Fuchs is no mug going forward - Chilwell looks alert, aware and sufficiently cultured to supply a final pass.

As a coach trying to be fair to both parties, I'd have one hell of a job choosing between them especially given the stage of their different careers. 

So far Chilwell's been back-up and he's played the role properly.  No self-promotion or trying to sweet talk the manager. Just head down, improve and be ready when the chance arises...for me, the perfect strategy.

Now, that improvement's clear to see and he's starting to look like a masterpiece in the making.

A natural left-footer with good close control and a brain that sees the pictures and a mind that allows him to stick with his colleagues even when he's been hurt. That's a lot of qualities and my instinct this year - and at this stage and barring mishaps - would be to trust in the youngster.

It's a big call and I may be wrong. But if, as a manager, I thought Chilwell really wanted to make history here as a part of this club - I'd have faith in him now and give him the contract and the opportunity to prove it.

And that's a big compliment given how much I think of Fuchs who's been a consistent 7/7.5 out of 10 since he's been here and that puts him up there with the best of what's been a damned good company.                

I admire your instinctive faith in Chilwell. I think his performances like the one against Atletico have been encouraging but also highlighted what we'll be missing when he plays/Fuchs doesn't play. 

I think that Fuchs is still superior to Chilwell in all aspects bar pace/energy and possibly close control. Chilwell would suit a team like Tottenham well, i.e. a style based on aggressive pressing, quick counters but with the ability to hold onto the ball as well. But with our distinct inability to hold on to the ball and struggling against pressing ourselves, Chilwell lacks the physical presence and tactical nous and discipline to stay tight and hold opposition at bay.

At best (from Chilwell's perspective), the manamagement should split game time 50-50 between them should Chilwell show he's capable of keeping it tight or should Fuchs' form decline noticeably.