Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

51 minutes ago, MPH said:

Which is quite surprising to hear as they really want to sign him again for next season!

I guess their expectations may be lower? He's a much better goalie than the two Man City have now mind . Weird decision by Pep 

11 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

I guess their expectations may be lower? He's a much better goalie than the two Man City have now mind . Weird decision by Pep 

Now dont get me wrong.. there are very few keepers who we could get that would be as good as or  better than kasper but England's number one could be considered an adequate replacement!

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

Now dont get me wrong.. there are very few keepers who we could get that would be as good as or  better than kasper but England's number one could be considered an adequate replacement!

I agree. 

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's at the Man Utd game.

Bound to be a few fans that know this and think this means he's going to Old Trafford..

Ndidi is currently at the Genk game. Maybe we're selling him back to them?

• Like 3

Only team in this league Kasper goes to is Man United.

Arsenal have been getting worse for years, Liverpool haven't been good enough consistently, Everton aren't big enough, Chelsea and Spurs have better keepers (and KS isn't going to go someone knowing he is no.2) and Pep won't be interested at all. 

And like others have said, he is one of the most committed players at the club. Every summer (last year aside) he's been good enough for clubs above us but he's stayed here. Kasper is a blue.

Edited by ajthefox

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

Only team in this league Kasper goes to is Man United.

Arsenal have been getting worse for years, Liverpool haven't been good enough consistently, Everton aren't big enough, Chelsea and Spurs have better keepers (and KS isn't going to go someone knowing he is no.2) and Pep won't be interested at all. 

Offer kasper a bumper contract then he would stay. Money talks

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Didn't he already sign a 5 year 80-100k a week one last summer? 

Yes he did - no need to renegotiate a deal unless his people get a solid offer from elsewhere and the buying club are prepared to meet our valuation.

same applies to others in a similar position. The only player who I consider irreplaceable re the way we currently have to play is JV. I can't see us being able to change that style dramatically within next couple seasons. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Saw this, 6 years ago!

Been incredible for us, important for the team and ever reliable. The last clear cut mistake I remember him making (correct if wrong) was at Doncaster in our Championship winning season, going over 3 years without one is outrageous for a keeper

Didn't he drop an absolute howler at Liverpool away last season? I remember him rushing out needlessly and Mane completely ruining him.

Think Firmino Scored it, can't remember though.

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Didn't he drop an absolute howler at Liverpool away last season? I remember him rushing out needlessly and Mane completely ruining him.

Think Firmino Scored it, can't remember though.

ah yeah that one was shocking

Legend. 

For me Morgan, Drinkwater, Vardy and Kasper are our biggest legends because they'd not only been key players in 2015/16 but part of the championship winning side and here for a few seasons before that too. 

There's a good chance that he'll be one of our top appearance makers isn't there?

He's made 261 apps, say he's our number 1 for 5 more years and he plays 40 times a season then that'll be well over 400 games :scarf:

Edited by Wookie

In my view he has been so much more impressive since he returned from injury in march 2015. Probably coincidence, but before the injury in the previous December, he was good but would not have been linked with top clubs as he made too many errors. Since March 15, he has been immense making very few errors and making some stunning saves - any better than the save from Carroll last season? I love his reaction anytime we score - he seems as pleased a the goalscorer. It's his ability and enthusiasm for City that will make him one of the players that will live on in everyone's memory for many years to come...

Kasper is a hero/adonis/god/legend/leader of men and so much more.

Absolutely vital part of our rise to the title win and this season's CL heroics.

We went through so many dross keepers in the years before we had him, I swear we must've had about 5 one year. To have someone like Kasper who has been so dependable and has got better and better really cannot be underestimated. He, as much as Wes, is the heart of this team and I'll be absolutely gutted if he goes.

• Like 1