Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I think if united lose De Gea and they come in for him then it would be too much of a temptation to resist and to be honest I could not begrudge him going to united or any top European club. 

I hope that he stays though because in my mind he along with Vardy will be the hardest to replace. 

Other than possibly Lloris there is no other keeper in this League who I would rather have than Schmeichel. 

As much as we all rate him. I don't think he would be seen as an adequate replacement for the world's best keeper. Mourinho will pay some obscene amount for Oblak most likely

27 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I haven't seen any reliable sources mention him leaving at all let alone to Everton or Liverpool so where is everyone getting this from? 

Definitely no sources of him leaving at all. 

I was just trying to gauge what sort of valuation he's worth if Hart is 20 Mill, sorry if my post was taken out of context. 

I'd confidently say he is our most sought after player though, especially with all the speculation circulating about other Goalies at other clubs. 

He's definitely Leicester through and through, but coming into his prime and still climbing, in a similar fashion to his Dad, it's a decision only he will make. 

I also think he will stay, but in the 1 more year gang. 

• Like 1

Agree that Kasper is Leicester through and through, but United would be too good for him to refuse. I have to admit, it would really annoy me if he went to a Liverpool, Everton or Arsenal, as opposed to an actual big club. I've got a feeling he'll stay though tbh, the noises out of the club are positive again and hopefully we can hold on to our big names :fc:.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

im expecting a Joe Hart plus cash offer for Kasper.

Out of all the offers that will come, that's probably our best chance of getting a quality keeper as replacement.

Not sure I would be that keen on Joe Hart. I read he has made the most mistakes out of all keepers in the top 5 leagues. 

No release clause. Likely captain next year. Won't push for a move unless he's on the bench and not playing. Knows how crucial he is for our success, having seen from the stands what happened when he was out with injury. Stubborn as heck. Hates being compared to his dad. Don't see him moving for EL football. His comments about playing CL make me slightly uncomfortable, but still convinced he'll stay.

• Like 1

If a big club come in for him he'll want to leave IMO. Last year we had CL football and were the current Champions, next season we'll be considered a team that will be in the mix for 7th -10th place.

Everton aren't a big club, Liverpool upwards constitute a big club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If a big club come in for him he'll want to leave IMO. Last year we had CL football and were the current Champions, next season we'll be considered a team that will be in the mix for 7th -10th place.

Everton aren't a big club, Liverpool upwards constitute a big club. 

The bloke is an avid Man Utd fan, cannot see liverpool myself.

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

The bloke is an avid Man Utd fan, cannot see liverpool myself.

He'll put his career way ahead of any club loyalties IMO.

He's never played for Man Utd so owes them nothing. Even his Dad picks Leicester over Man Utd every time as blood is thicker than water.

Guest CityFan 06

Hope he doesn't move, he will definitely go down as one of our goalkeeping greats. He's one of the best keepers in the league.

6 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I could be wrong but he seems as committed to Leicester as you could hope.

Possibly a move to United may be too tempting for him however as they are his team.

Jack Butland for me as replacement. Take a great keeper off of Stoke rather than the other way round for a change.

Yeah I agree mate - Another season and he'll probably hit the 300 games mark as well which is a tremendous feat for any player at one club. If we can keep him for two more years I honestly believe he'll stick around until he retires, which isn't a bad thing at all - he only seems to be improving. 

If he goes then we're in a bit of a pickle, as someone like Butland would cost an absolute fortune given that he's English. Handanovic, Muslera, Hart, Leno or Kameni wouldn't be bad (albeit expensive) replacements.  

3 hours ago, brucey said:

No release clause. Likely captain next year. Won't push for a move unless he's on the bench and not playing. Knows how crucial he is for our success, having seen from the stands what happened when he was out with injury. Stubborn as heck. Hates being compared to his dad. Don't see him moving for EL football. His comments about playing CL make me slightly uncomfortable, but still convinced he'll stay.

The comparison to his dad is a good point to make.

Going to Utd may mean that he has a very hard task emulating what Peter achieved. Peter has a higher stature in the game as he has succeeded at international level as well as club due to the Ferguson era. I know from reading up on some sons of legendary players and they point out they are very much their own man and want to be judged on their own merits.

Kasper has been slightly more of a leader for us than his dad for Man U. The comparison is there but Kasper has created a greater legacy than what people would have thought possible 5 years ago.

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

My mate watches a lot of their games as he's a Man City fan living in Italy. Said Hart has been pretty poor unfortunately. 

Which is quite surprising to hear as they really want to sign him again for next season!

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If one of Europe's elite comes in for him then he's off. I don't see him going to Liverpool and definitely not Everton that's an embarrassment. Liverpool are obviously a much bigger club than us but I can't see it. If De Gea goes then there's obviously a genuine chance Utd would want him and that might be too much for us to expect him to stay. Let's not forget though he's on massive dough here, it rules out a lot of clubs except for the very very best.

Oblak to Man Utd

De Gea to Real Madrid 

Joe Hart to Arsenal or Liverpool

Kasper to Arsenal or Liverpool