Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Feel a bit sorry for Kasper, can't do anything good without being compared and mentioned against his dad

In fairness, it's a massive credit to how good he is that he's talked about on terms with his father, who for my money is top ten of all time.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Really impressed with him on those penalties today. Swear he never was able to save them before.

Saved a few in the champions league didn’t he? I’ll get the stat book out

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Really impressed with him on those penalties today. Swear he never was able to save them before.

Seville home AND away?

Just now, Farrington fox said:

Great performance from Kasper tonight. But fvck me, Modric must have balls of steel. 

Steel or not, I'm willing to bet they were sitting in the back of his throat for a split second with that second pen! lol

8 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He seems to gain super powers in big games.. title run, CL and WC.

Maybe a little harsh after what he's just done, but to me he is one of the players in our squad whose form tanked the most under Puel. I thought he was possibly undergoing a Hart-like decline, but if he's still capable of these heroics we know he can perform, I have to wonder if the supposed disagreements with Puel were what impacted his form. In which case it's a little worrying for next season.

6 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Seville home AND away?

he's saved loads for us.

Apart from those 2 you mention, Middlesbrough stands out in 13/14 season in the last minute when we won 1-0. 

He's saved 13 for us in total over the years.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

he's saved loads for us.

Apart from those 2 you mention, Middlesbrough stands out in 13/14 season in the last minute when we won 1-0. 

He's saved 13 for us in total over the years.

That Middlesbrough penalty was an incredible save, was the game the weather was abysmal for

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

That Middlesbrough penalty was an incredible save, was the game the weather was abysmal for

One of my favourite games at this ground. Had to walk in from Wigston and we only had about 8,000 fans there, but we made a right racket and when Schmeichel made the save it started to feel like we could get promoted. 

Just checked his stats - apparently, he's saved 28.5% of penalties he's faced in his career (Saved 20, Conceded 50). Not sure what qualifies as 'good', but I'd say that's got to be up there - better than one in four penalties saved.

EDIT: and apparently last season (including the WC, but not including shootouts), he's saved 66% (Saved 4, Conceded 2). That's outrageous.

Edited by TeePee
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

One of my favourite games at this ground. Had to walk in from Wigston and we only had about 8,000 fans there, but we made a right racket and when Schmeichel made the save it started to feel like we could get promoted. 

Absolutely loved the effort made by the club to get the game on, think it took us an age to get in! But also showed, sadly, how much sway Sky had over fixtures

• Like 1