Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Kasper Schmeichel

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

But football is about performance. If player is done then he's done.  Kasper needs to buck up .... we need to buy a first keeper for nextseason imo 

If Kasper's recent form continues for the rest of the season, I'd agree with you. Hopefully it won't. Hopefully the real Kasper will be back soon and is not "done" yet.

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Didn’t watch the game - what did Schmeichel do wrong today? 

Just seen the goal - couldn’t Ndidi, James, Morgan and Chilwell all be blamed for it too? Didn’t look like an obvious GK mistake to me? 

it's not the goal we're on about.

Very bad distribution today. Usually when people moan about his distribution it's not that bad and I'll stick up for him. Today was terrible though. Rolled it out to a player who was virtually marked/followed by a Stoke player anyway.

The worst was what @Alf Bentley described. Near the corner flag, kicked it to the centre circle straight to Shaqiri. Luckily Shaqiri was bent and Schmeichel was seen scrambling. 

I think on the whole the squad was terrible today in choice of personnel and performance and Schmeichel was well below par. For our standard as fans as well as his own standards no doubt. 

• Like 2

Didn't he keep us in the FA cup last game with a corking save towards the end, tipping it round the post?

Keepers are always there to be criticised and people quickly forget the saves. Clangers get the attention so much more. That said, I do recognise that overall he has not had a great season, certainly by the standards he's capable of.

Schmeichel, like many others (e.g. Simpson and Drinkwater), had their best season when we won the Premier League. And like them, his overall game-play has failed to reach those heights since. His distribution has been average at best this season, but performances of late show he is struggling to pick out the players like he used to. And his decision making, especially today which nearly put us 2-0 down if Shaqiri had his shooting boots on, has been poor. Not to mention his positioning at free-kick set-pieces is usually questionable as well.

No doubt he is still one of the best shot-stoppers in the Premier League, but there are other qualities that need some work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

If Kasper's recent form continues for the rest of the season, I'd agree with you. Hopefully it won't. Hopefully the real Kasper will be back soon and is not "done" yet.

Agree.... he is important in the dressing room i think... but he needs to sort this out.  

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Rated one of the worst keepers in the league this season. Could be seen as unfair really because doesn't take into consideration the defense in front of him. 

Old news.

He's had a season below his normally high standards.

I feel guilty for even suggesting it, but I really wouldn't be against us replacing Kasper for next season. 

Butland maybe destined for a bigger club, although perhaps only Liverpool are in need of a keeper at the moment, so if they don't come in for him, then he is maybe a viable option for us. He definitely won't be in the Championship next season. 

I'm sure the club see Kasper as No.1 for the foreseeable future though, so probably the best we can hope for is a quality back-up who will genuinely push him for the no.1 spot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...