Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

I expect to see vardy start instead of slim for next Saturday, assuming his groin is recovered. 

Kingy has a record of the odd hamstring which tends to take several weeks to get back from

so it may have to amartey and drinks in the middle. albrighton likely to come back in for musa. Just possible that Claudio may play gray instead of Riyad but that would be reminiscent of Chelsea if he doesn't start either slim or Riyad. 

54 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Yeah, it is harsh but I'd start him vs Copenhagen.

I think Okazaki is better suited to spurs away, than Copenhagen.

Copenhagen I think we'll need a physical presence to partner Vardy. Either Ulloa or Slimani, they'll help with defending set pieces too.

Slimani   Mahrez

Shinji

Musa Drinky Albrighton

Fuch Huth Morgan Simpson

Or have Slimani and Vardy up front. This depends on Musa being good enough at tracking back and protecting the CBs.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

I think Okazaki is better suited to spurs away, than Copenhagen.

Copenhagen I think we'll need a physical presence to partner Vardy. Either Ulloa or Slimani, they'll help with defending set pieces too.

I wasnt thinking about Vardy starting vs Copenhagen, I'd rather Slim and Okazaki.

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

This is the away game against the big boys I want to win the most. I don't care who plays or how crap we are, just win it. :fc:

It's not that I don't care how we win...it's that I really want to shithouse them. 89 minutes of backs to the wall defending and then a dodgy penalty to win 1-0 would be beautiful.

This is the game I'm dreading the most this season! They will be pumped for this match after last year (think about our performance vs Watford in the championship after "Deeney Day") and their fans are insufferable!

Their team and manager is a very strong one and Ranieri has already said that the two Copenhagen games are our priority. I expect a loss with heavy rotation but I hope we have a good performance and don't concede a bucket load again. 

Once this his game is out of the way we have a much kinder set of fixtures,    I expect we will really get up and running properly then. 

Have Spurs got Liverpool midweek in the league cup? I might be making that up lol

If so, I wonder if they'll play many of the first team?

Not that it makes that much difference I suppose. I'd love it if we win there but I'd take a point every day of the week...

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

Spurs do have Liverpool away on Tuesday.

Still, it will be the biggest test yet. Even with Shinji disrupting their build-up, our CBs will need much more support.

Pretty sure the bum rape we have been on the end of against Liverpool, United and Chelsea have been just as big 

Just don't embarrass us by not turning up, like before the previous champions league games.

I cannot stand the cocky, deluded pricks, and will be gutted if they hammer us, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea  was hard to stomach, just cannot stomach us rolling over to these.

Think we will get beat, as we are just not at it away this season, but we must give them a game.

They like to play with thier two fullbacks bombing forward down the wings.(Rose and Naughton)..wouldnt be surprised to see Albrighton back in the side to help counter this.

Sissoko looks like he will be banned for this game, a big plus for us.

Be nice to finally get a full week off as a team, with no mid week game.

A few players carrying knocks and strains but we can hopefully recover for another big test.

Things we should have learnt and should be applied in this game.

1) We are a better team with Shinji in it linking the midfield and attack.

2) We are better defensively with Simpson at right back.

3) The King Drinkwater partnership appears to be the best we have at present.

I can't see anything other than

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez King Drinkwater ???

Okazaki

Slimani

The only position I am not 100% sure about now is on the left wing, with Albrighton defensively the best suited, especially with it being away. Musa being the better attacking option especially if Vardy doesn't start. And I love to watch Gray so not sure who he goes for here.

After today Musa maybe just gets the nod

9 minutes ago, drofmor56 said:

They like to play with thier two fullbacks bombing forward down the wings.(Rose and Naughton)..wouldnt be surprised to see Albrighton back in the side to help counter this.

Sissoko looks like he will be banned for this game, a big plus for us.

Rose and Walker?? Didn't Naughton move to Swansea? Or did I miss something

7 hours ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

I want to us to win this but playing the worse hoofball, snatch and grab way we can. Long throws, 15% possession, 0 shots on target. But still getting 1-0 win

Dude that's too brutal even for spurs.:ph34r:

NOT!!!

With a full weeks rest I cant imagine the team being too different to the Palace team. Maybe Musa on the left and Marhez on the right will keep Walker and Rose back to protect their defence and away from our end of the pitch. Same 11 for me with possible changes for C/L after.

Archived