Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Beat spurs, and

surely we will have had as good a start to the season as anyone could have hoped for?

may be a point from the 4 bad losses, but that would have been about as good as was possible, taking into consideration our CL results.

6  points from next two games is a good start. 

If we had beaten Hull (they're shite btw) I'd be happy. Just the way we have lost all the away games has been concerning. 

Get through spurs then some much less tricky away games now although there are no easy games. 

I suppose the saving grace is that the 3 teams that beat us arent in the Champions League this season so Spurs will no doubt rest players too. Also, they need to beat Leverkusen more than we need to beat Copenhagen that midweek.

Crystal Palace was a massive step up from previous games, beating Spurs will be an even bigger one.

Palace threatened our back four massively in some fairly larges periods in the match.

It's hard to think Spurs will be easier, even with Shinji dropping back again to break up play.

I'd really love to try to Albrighton to the right of Drinky, Musa on the left, ready to give support to the back four.

Even with Shinji's renewed role, we still need to give our CBs more support now Kante's gone: one-on-ones will be lethal for us.

Nonetheless, this is the first match I've looked forwards to in a while.

14 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Spurs could beat us, we could beat Spurs.

It depends on which team turns up, I think the CL will dictate the result.

Based on todays last 60 minutes, it'll be interesting either way.

What you say I think is true of any team in the PL. If one team plays their best and the other doesn't, it doesn't matter about skillful, classy players, the team that tried harder will almost always win (within the scale of class difference of one league, at least).

14 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What you say I think is true of any team in the PL. If one team plays their best and the other doesn't, it doesn't matter about skillful, classy players, the team that tried harder will almost always win (within the scale of class difference of one league, at least).

Yep, that's basically it.

We got a Champions League game, so have they.

Bournmouth closed them down quick and could have nicked it in the end.

Sissoko could also be banned for the elbow, well I think it was him.

It would be nice to end there undefeated start though :whistle:

Hull aside I think we are pretty much on par from where we would expect to be, blue tinted glasses aside. That makes the topic of the post pretty much spot on if we beat Spurs away then that's 3 points we would probably not expect to take so would pretty much wipe out the Hull score at last....

I'll take a draw too.

Take nothing away from yesterday we played well and won, a very good and important win, but most people thought we'd turned the corner v Burnley, I think it's fair to say they were just shite, that's not saying Palace were poor yesterday, they were tough and not bad, but what i'm say is it depends what team turns up, hopefully we have turned a corner and the fact we're almost into the last 16 of the CL will focus our attentions on the league now!

I have only just found out Spurs have got a League Cup game midweek, I know they'll rest a few players for it but hopefully a few on their regular first teamers are players and have a long, tough night.

Make no mistake this will be an extremely tough game and we need to be totally prepared, we should get at them and try to hold on to the ball more to frustrate them and get at them. We have the ability and the players to win this game so we need to show it. It goes without saying that we need to be defensively solid and limit the number of chances for them in the game. We have lots of pace now let's utilise it right upfront and down the wings. 

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Can't quite believe (then again, this is FT) that you can be plus twod for stating possibly the most obvious post of the season...

lol

Col, it is possibly my most insightful post of the year! Don't p#ss on my parade! 

Archived