Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Not looking forward to work tomorrow. One of the managers at work is a WBA fan, and I have to pass his desk on the way in each day. I can't avoid him! :mad:

Id still stroll in with my city top on. we still won the league and they didnt. having saod that yes it isquite embarassing to lose but i dont think we all expected to repeat this season given how the big clubs spent we had no chance. we just need to focus on winning a few games. we are lacking confidence and it shows big time.

We arent "gelling" as a team. sure we miss kante but we should be doing much better. i do think champs league and england have hurt our team. 

Vardy is pretty much done with england now and drinky wont get a fair shake. thats fine with me, more rest for our main lads is welcomed.

Realistically top 10 was always a big one for us this season and ihave complete faith we will get there. 

Maybe take the  lads out for some hookers and blow and just rub a few off. shud do wonders lol

15 minutes ago, Manini said:

Happens doesn't it. We're Leicester city, we're a middle of the road premier league side. 

As long as we stay up I'm absolutely fine with it. 

You are really prepared to put up with that? I am speechless. We were excruciatingly poor to watch. Not even middle of the road. But remember when you are middle of the road, you can get knocked down. 

Every pass and movement from midfield other than a speculative hoof forward is either back or sideways. It pushes Mahrez and today Musa out so wide that other teams just suffocate them and snuff out the danger. I watched King and Drinkwater today and almost every head/eyes motion was backwards rather than seeing what was ahead. We offer no threat from central midfield. 

All players that wanted new contracts for doing so well last season should be reversed back on to there old contracts until they start to move up a gear when playing a game I'm fuming with how lack luster this team look and ranieri as much as I apreciate what he did last season needs to have a bit of imagination in formation because you don't even need to send scouts to our games as all opposition managers know exactly how we set up and without even looking, absolutly shocking if things don't change and results don't change next 3 games we could be at the foot of the table 

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

lol, A poster on here saying King had an off day.  The guy is not good enough, he is Championship or relegation level

He can't play in a midfield 2. He's just not good enough.

12 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Nigel Pearson is available you know? 

Is that another hilarious joke like your one in the match thread about wanting us to be relegated? 

2 minutes ago, Onikage82 said:

When is somebody going to wake up and understand that when we have Kante it was 12 men on the pitch, with Andy King its 9.5 players on the pitch.

It is that simple.  Drop the clown and play anyone else, anyone, call up Hamza Choudhury.  Not ANdy King, let him stick to doing silly magazine interviews and shops shop modeling

What a load of shit. King has changed his game to suit, playing far more defensively. Even then he put a couple of great through balls into the penalty area. For me people moan about our long ball tactics, but drinky is one of the main reasons for this, yet it is king that gets singled out week in week out for critsicm. Hes still our 2nd best midfielder.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Not sure why but I seemed to get the impression that none of the players were really paying much attention to him today.  

We look severely under-coached.  All the players look surprised when they get the ball and just make it up as they go along.  Compare that with other sides in the league and we look scarily bad.

Don't want to slate Claudio, but he needs to stop making excuses for them, before we become the worst defending champions in England, and before he's great achievements get forgotten( which they should never be), and the fans become fed up with these performances and turn on him.

Pullis got Claudio team to West Brom's strengths, and he seemed powerless to stop it.

This season performance's have asked more questions, than they have given answers, we appear no better than we did during the great escape.

We were crap today, but we need to sort out our midfield!! It's shit. Long balls were crap most of the time. I think we need to ship out some in the transfer window and get some new central midfielders. We've lost the ability to counter attack as we just seem too slow or out of ideas. Also the constant back passing gets on my nerves!!! Players ain't moving around enough and we pass it back and huff it forward and it ain't working. 

I don't think panic stations are required just yet, yeah league wise it's been a disappointing campaign. However today was only our first defeat at home, yeah against a very poor West Brom team but before this game a week ago we we're talking about how good we were against Tottenham so surely we can't be that bad. I think what's not helping Claudio's case is there just simply to many changes week in, week out.

Dreadful, dreary, clueless and embarrassing. Awful team performance.  Uncertain and hesitant in defence.  Midfield uncreative and wasteful given the possession they had.  Up front only Slimani seems to know what to do.  Currently Vardy is a waste.  This was a match City should have won but there is so little passion and intensity in their play now.  Only one decent chance created in the whole match.  West Brom deserved to win.  

I'd like to see Benny registered to play in January and then play a 3-5-2 formation.  

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

One major point..This was considered the beginning of our easier period    .... :blink:

Remember our easy period in the 2012/13 season that ended in about 12 straight defeats? There be no easy periods in football, at least not for us :(

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You are really prepared to put up with that? I am speechless. We were excruciatingly poor to watch. Not even middle of the road. But remember when you are middle of the road, you can get knocked down. 

Every pass and movement from midfield other than a speculative hoof forward is either back or sideways. It pushes Mahrez and today Musa out so wide that other teams just suffocate them and snuff out the danger. I watched King and Drinkwater today and almost every head/eyes motion was backwards rather than seeing what was ahead. We offer no threat from central midfield. 

And what difference is pulling apart every aspect of it on an Internet forum going to make? 

I dont mind having a discussion but when people are throwing "Sunday league standard" and "get ready for the relegation battle" about, it just kills the whole point of it for me. Not even going to enter in to conversations if that's the subject.

we're poor mate, and unless you can pull a pair of boots on and go and stick 25 goals in for the season, there's not much you can do about it. Just been thankful there's teams that are worse than us! 

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Sorry pal. Every time we lose you start bringing up Pearson and Walsh, and shit on our manager that gave you the season of a lifetime. Help me understand. 

Go on then. Firstly, that's not true, we've lost plenty of times this season and I've not had anything to say on the matter because you do go to big teams and get pasted and we are only Leicester City, reigning champions or not.

However even under Pearson when bottom of the league, we always tried to play football and created chances and were usually good to watch normally the defence let us down when we lost. He did then ride out the tough period and keep us up and was removed before he could push on and reap the benefits of his work. Now new managers are usually coming in to sort out a mess but Claudio inherited a team on a winning streak. He was smart and only made minor tweaks, improved our defence, no doubt he made the best of it he could and delivered our greatest ever season. But everything good about that team - the desire and togetherness, Kanté, was due to the work of Pearson and his staff or the signings of Walsh.

The longer time goes on the more we are seeing a dour Italian team, defensive and lacking creativity. I believe this is a team in Claudio's image. The quality of the signings we are making are getting worse despite an increased budget, and I don't see it getting better unless the manager starts to adapt and play a more expansive game. Losing at home to West Brom is not acceptable, the manner of the performance much less so.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Remember our easy period in the 2012/13 season that ended in about 12 straight defeats? There be no easy periods in football, at least not for us :(

Gotta agree with this. They are no easy periods in the Premiership.

Sunderland won yesterday and I think Hull did today too?

We are only a few points off bottom three as things stand at present. 

Archived