Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

WBA Post match

1 minute ago, 49er said:

I think that the so-called excellent form in the Champions League has been misleading, as we have played some very ordinary/weak sides.

The body language of the team is so negative. It's as though the players have given up themselves.

A net transfer spend of circa £30m - including £40m on two forwards - and we look worse than last season.

Yes bang on, our cl form is more luck without a doubt, can say probally Porto first half the best we have played, everyone banging on about the cl but we have been pretty shit! 

Completely awful and all down to out f...g midfield again...Can't protect te defence and can't drive forward. no linking up with attack. We didn't win one second ball. We are really in a relegation battle and need to at least fight for those second balls.

Please can someone help Mahrez out!!! he was our best player by far but he can't do it on his own 3 players on him all the time. 

Awaful!!!! I give them all 0 apart from Mahrez who I give 3 to

8 minutes ago, Onikage82 said:

WE made a masssive mistake in letting Inlet go, he never got a look in but would have struck a decent partnership with Drinks.

ANDY KING, the single reason why we have gone one step back.  He is absolute tripe.  Andy King is taking us back to the stone age.  Drinks is crying out for a partner.  Andy please pretend that you are injured.  Play this team and I know we will get going again

Slim

Shinji

Musa                                                          Mahrez                                     Vardy

Drinks

Fuchs                                                    Huth                                Wes

Zieler

Drinks is better off on his own in midfield than having missing Andy silly king

I'm sure playing with ten men will help.

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

We are frankly disgusting to watch and becoming increasingly ineffective. Claudio is going full Italian on us now, our attacking tactics are countering, long ball and hope the wingers will do something. We'll stay up but I can't say I am proud of the team or enjoy games.

Honestly, the more time goes on, the more people will say that our success was built on foundations laid by Steve Walsh and Pearson, and Claudio was the lucky beneficiary of it last season.

To be fair... I've always thought that.

Which is why I said Pearson was better "long term". Without Walsh though he may be shit? 

I wouldn't have NP back now though, and obviously last season wouldn't have happened without the influence from CR. 

I think it's possibly motivational problems (players and staff), lack of confidence, and lack of Kante 

Keep saying it, we are over defending we're good when we get at the other team and attack from the off, when was the last time we did that. Morgan and huth are simply not good enough to play out from the back, they're not skill full enough or quick enough. Mahrez is being shackled by having to track back all the time. 

1 minute ago, dayday said:

To be honest we all can play the blame game, ultimately Danny's back pass was our undoing.

The game up to then was anybody's 

I dunno, the fault of us losing was playing shit, the while team that is.  Certain players were really shite, Andy King was one of them, Musa was ineffective, Mahrez was better in second half, 

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Agree with ever word of this.

In reality the Champions League results have been disguising the fact that we've been absolutely dog shit for most of the season, even in the CL games themselves. Bruges were a shower but could have beaten us with a bit of composure in front of goal and the other 3 games have been absolutely dreadful affairs that we've fortunately pinched twice.

Relative to the quality of player available the football on show this season is as bad as it was under Levein.

Can no-one get it into their heads that the Champions League results have come because a. We have played ok. But b...two of the teams in our group are the equivalent of Championship teams in England.

If Copenhagen could have finished, we could have easily lost at their place. And they were every bit as good as we were at our place, apart from their final product.

Bruuges are a useless side and Porto are miles off the Porto of ten years ago.

Our easy group hides the fact that we are actually not a very good side at all this season.

I think if we had had a couple of decent sides in our group phase, we'd be struggling to qualify, given the form we are in.

2 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Morgan and Huth should be ashamed of themselves today! Once again Rondon bullied them something silly, especially Wes. Even 3 of them at times couldnt handle the hoofs towards him. I cant say I have ever seen a striker bully them like Rondon has done in the past but today was a real low regarding them.

Zieler made another top save but he just doesnt seem to have the confidence of those around him. The amount of time he took with his kicks was really annoying and it seems like the defence arent that sure of him yet. For the 2nd goal I thought his positioning was weak. I expected him to come steaming out to boot it clear but nothing.

King had one of his off days. We know what he gives but today was a bad day. It wasnt just him though as DD had an average game and Okazaki was non-existent.

Mahrez was easily our best player IMO and in the 2nd half Musa was playing well. I dont criticise CR often but taking Musa off was a bit of a weird one as he started to get the ball down and use his strengths. One thing that keeps creeping up on Musa is his unselfishness though. He needs to start being a bit more selfish. That time when he beat two men and got so close to go was the typical example. He needs to shoot there as the goal was gaping. Instead he looks for a pass that wasnt there. Hopefully he will come good though. Gray did some nice things on the left himself but we cant play all our wingers lol

Vardy came on and added a spark as usual. He and Slimani dont seem to link up well as a couple of times they had the perfect chance to put each other through and nothing. I feel sorry for Vards mostly as even DD and Kingy had balls to put through when he made runs and he just isnt getting the pass these days.

Anyway, we are gonna win the Champions League and FA Cup so I dont give a shite about the league. 40 points will do!!!

And how do you think we'll reach that number playing like that? 

My 1st negative in 2 whole seasons, but that was poor with a captial CRAP.

Its not just a poor general performance, but the mistake and mis-judgements, when tackling and passing. Strange but I didnt think Mahrez /Simpson were that bad. Slim had no real service. Our mid-field is a massive problem. We have maybe the paciest players in the league,

we take and play the ball to slow to them. Fuchs takes too long though he his the guy who is given most of thr ball.Today DD and King held the ball when Musa then Gray had space,

but they played the passes 2-3 seconds too late...

Is it lack of confidence, lack of thought...??? .

We are trying too much the perfect pass, and we are not chasing down the loose ball around midfield.  WBA do..!!   

The intensity has gone from our play...

The 1st half was simply  abysmal, from our players

Will starting off by not being a sore loser, West Brom deserved it, we deserved nothing for that performance.

That was shocking from us, we have gone from exciting to watch, to boring and predictable.

The game was won and lost in midfield today,   They bullied our midfield and made us play their game, which they dominated.

All those Andy king fans, this is a game he should never play in, far to physical, and a game where we needed to move it fast.

Not putting all the games problems on him, we looked like we couldn't be arsed from the start.

What concerns me is we have spent all this money on strikers, but cannot get the supply to them, as the midfield isn't good enough, to link with them.

Its getting to the point now where we need to prioritise the league, as we are shit away, and have collected points at home, but we are far from convincing anyone.

Claudio needs to sort out these lacklustre bunch of players, and get them to realise that they have to perform every week, not just the champions league.

0 for performance, 0 for effort, rant over.

Claudio has to eat a fair peace of the cake too.

Now, we have the proof that 4-4-2 is not working for us away and also at home, period.

Every man and his dog knows that we desperately need more muscle and pace from the midfield, yet he goes for a two-men midfield.

Just name one decent European side that plays 4-4-2 week-in week-out nowadays ? 

He is doing his best Pelegrini impression, that stubborn old hag.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Can no-one get it into their heads that the Champions League results have come because a. We have played ok. But b...two of the teams in our group are the equivalent of Championship teams in England.

If Copenhagen could have finished, we could have easily lost at their place. And they were every bit as good as we were at our place, apart from their final product.

Our easy group hides the fact that we are actually not a very good side at all this season.

I think if we had had a couple of decent sides in our group phase, we'd be struggling to qualify, given the form we are in.

I agree, blaming Champions league is bullcrap.  Spurs played well against arse.  Man u whipped Swansea, etc.

We were shit, we lost cus we didn't want it as much as WBA

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah you can stop replying to my every post now pal.

Sorry pal. Every time we lose you start bringing up Pearson and Walsh, and shit on our manager that gave you the season of a lifetime. Help me understand. 

Just now, Monsell1976 said:

Will starting off by not being a sore loser, West Brom deserved it, we deserved nothing for that performance.

That was shocking from us, like watching us are playing is becoming boring and predictable.

The game was won and lost in midfield today,   They bullied our midfield and made us play their game, which they dominated.

All those Andy king fans, this is a game he should never play in, far to physical, and a game where we needed to move it fast.

Not putting all the games problems on him, we looked like we couldn't be arsed from the start.

What concerns me is we have spent all this money on strikers, but cannot get the supply to them, as the midfield isn't good enough, to link with them.

Its getting to the point now where we need to prioritise the league, as we are shit away, and have collected points at home, but we are far from convincing anyone.

Claudio needs to sort out these lacklustre bunch of players, and get them to realise that they have to perform every week, not just the champions league.

0 for performance, 0 for effort, rant over.

Not sure why but I seemed to get the impression that none of the players were really paying much attention to him today.  

We look severely under-coached.  All the players look surprised when they get the ball and just make it up as they go along.  Compare that with other sides in the league and we look scarily bad.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

If we'd had a couple of good sides in our group we'd be praying for 3rd place.

Copenhagen and Bruges wouldn't survive in the PL based on what I've seen and Porto wouldn't be troubling the top 6.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

That is patently not true though.

We barely average a point a game and look like were frightened of controlling a game ourselves so just whack it long every time we get hold of it.

After today I genuinely think we're the worst side to watch in the league this season. Long balls to nobody every single time. Fancy pumping 60 yard balls from defence at Demarai Gray's head; the kid is one of the best young players in the country and we're treating him like he's Fash the Bash for ****'s sake.

I remember the 'we are blatantly not a relegation team' comments that were posted for months (literally months) in the season we got relegated to League one under Holloway.

I'm not saying we are that bad..of course we aren't...and it's different times and different circumstances. Suffice it to say, the same sentence WAS used that season too.

Even if that had finished 1-1 with no backpass it would of been an extremely poor performance. (Danny gave away what looked like a penalty to me as well towards the end). Our CD's were bullied by Rondon and West Brom were the better team and deserved the victory. We havent played well all seaon bar the odd match. We need to change something, shake things up because currently it isn't working.

Just now, dylanlegend said:

To be fair... I've always thought that.

Which is why I said Pearson was better "long term". Without Walsh though he may be shit? 

I wouldn't have NP back now though, and obviously last season wouldn't have happened without the influence from CR. 

I think it's possibly motivational problems (players and staff), lack of confidence, and lack of Kante 

Yeah that's a good assessment of it! NP and SW  and co had a big big influence in last year but to be fair Claudio did very well to exploit and improve what he had, but he is reverting to Italian type now and it's not good to watch....

We need to have a rethink of our tactics soon, and adapt to the new playing and coaching staff because the tactics of 2015/16 are not working for us and we are not as good as them as we were. I can take a loss but not in that manner at home to West friggin Bromwich and not even looking like scoring for most of the match.

Archived