Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Care to quote people directly?

My point still stands. You're deluded. He had a poor game today. The guy was a starter and in constant progression in Sporting Portugal who are better, by a fvcking country mile, than the actual team who lost at home against an even crappier team.

He can link up well given there are players around him who're willing to. Remember the first goal against ManCity. He ain't a first class technician that's for sure, but can hold the ball well and put a lot of pressure on a defence when correctly used and getting decent crosses. Problem is that he's played as a workhorse and too far from the box. Don't even want to talk about the crosses (or the lack of) he's getting. The actual formation and the midield level are making any forward look like utter shit anyway. 

Hate it when the fans switch to witch hunting mode when it clearly is a collective meltdown and a coach management failure. Slim can nothing about Benny Hill level goals like Everton's first.

Reminds of Zieler taking every possible flak while the defense and midfield were absolute shit.

From what I saw, only by picking the ball up with his hands could he be able to hold it....his feet and head were useless today. Jeezzz.....he was absolutely clueless today and he can't even dress himself properly.....please get rid of him.

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

From what I saw, only by picking the ball up with his hands could he be able to hold it....his feet and head were useless today. Jeezzz.....he was absolutely clueless today and he can't even dress himself properly.....please get rid of him.

I won't even bother.

6 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Please do, start by listing all the good things he did today.....

You're cherry picking and dodging the point I'm trying to make. 

Already stated he had a poor game today. That doesn't make him a crappy player. Or responsible for today's abysmal defensive display or for the shitty coaching. Considering the team's suboptimal level of performance of the last six months and the absolute dire service he's getting, he's done pretty well. People just tend to easily forget the positive.

2 hours ago, adam95581 said:

He didn't have a chance in the game. I'm not saying that his link up play shouldn't be better but he isn't Okazaki...he's an instinctive goal scorer. Have a look on YouTube and you'll spot a trend...simple goals and (mostly) headers 

Didn't have a chance. He had one of the best chances of the game and completely fluffed it. Not what you'd expect from a 30 mil striker.

Wasn't worth £30 today let alone £30m. 

Atrocious performance. He's lucky we have other shit options in attack so he's guaranteed a game while Vardy is out. The only thing he can do is improve on Saturday because I'd be amazed if he can put in a worse performance than today.

Granted he was shite today but where was he playing. He was either stuck up front miles away from anyone or playing centre mid behind okazaki. It's so obvious he needs to lead the line and we need to get some players around him. Okazaki spent more time on his backside today then near him.  

Somebody mentioned it earlier but we got rid of Kramaric in the summer who was technically far superior to Musa and Slimani, and also more mobile and quicker than Slimani. Yet another example of our terrible dealings in the transfer market this year.

4 hours ago, Brooksy said:

Lost the ball every time he got it. His passing ability is non-existent. Pathetic performance from him

This has been the clincher for me in his last few games. The other complaints are well documented, and I supposed could be put down to bad service (although it's a service which somehow improves when Ulloa's on the receiving end of if). But when he does win the ball the number of time 5 yard passes go astray is frightening.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

You're cherry picking and dodging the point I'm trying to make. 

Already stated he had a poor game today. That doesn't make him a crappy player. Or responsible for today's abysmal defensive display or for the shitty coaching. Considering the team's suboptimal level of performance of the last six months and the absolute dire service he's getting, he's done pretty well. People just tend to easily forget the positive.

Rather than respond to people slating him, can I ask you for a list of what you feel are Slimani's strengths? 

His "strengths", well his heading ability was. No good on the ground, passing two yard balls abysmal runs around like a headless chicken and most certainly not worth £29M. Virtually as bad as paying £5M for Akinbadbiyi.

Now who says he shouldn't be slated after this afternoon's debacle?

Archived