Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Slimani

3 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

The only sympathy I have with slimani is that we're asking him to be our saviour. He's a goal scorer and thrives on service and he's just not getting any. 

I know it shouldn't all fall on his shoulders but when you have smashed your club record signing a player for £30m and your in form striker from last season is suspended then I think it's pretty reasonable to expect a performance from him. 

If he knew how to keep onside and actually gave abit more up top maybe he might get more opportunities and not have fans on his back 

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

He didn't have a chance in the game. I'm not saying that his link up play shouldn't be better but he isn't Okazaki...he's an instinctive goal scorer. Have a look on YouTube and you'll spot a trend...simple goals and (mostly) headers 

He didn't have a chance because he doesn't attack the ball, just stands still and lets the jeep come and claim the ball unchallenged. 

You can't play with the defensive mentality we set up in and expect a target man to succeed. We needed an outlet, and that he is not.

Having said all that it doesn't help that he was a bit sh*t.

18 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Ridiculous kneejerk inbound. Not his fault we got done-in by a goal kick and crossing to nobody. 

30m was a lot but problems are in other areas. I'm sure you all thought he was a useless piece of shit when he got 5 goals with actual service.

Although I want to agree, it's his first touch that bothered me - not to mention his attitude/body language. He kept losing the ball over and over again, and then berating others for it. Just...why?

The creative problems are a real concern though, I agree. I'd like to think he'll get better if our service does, but...

No service.

He's a goal scorer. We didn't sign him so that he could show us his fancy touch or his pace. That isn't his game.

He's not missing chances. When he gets a chance he invariably takes it. We need a creative force in our side. Mahrez should have started today. The only player that ever looks like wanting to create anything.

Anyone who's thinking he's a poor man's Ulloa is deluded. Bringing a target man to play him out of position and denying him any good service can't end well. He's never been bought to win defensive aerial duels or to go past two defenders. He's lethal in the box. That's his game.

The rest is just angry fans needing to vent out their frustration.

Everyone who is saying that he doesn't get service and he's lethal in or around the box - what about that chance he had on the edge of the box where he had a free shot on goal and scuffed it so badly that it went out for a throw-in? He simply doesn't put himself about - his movement in the area is poor and slow, he's never attacking crosses. His touch and passing ability is atrociuos and the fact that he doesn't even jump or challenge for the high balls is infuriating as a fan.

Messi would loss his confidence in this side, ok he's had a shocker, but shit service, and not playing to his strengths.

The bloke scores a lot in and around the box, not for using his limited ball skills near the half way line.

Look who is providing the service, mahrez off form, Albrighton hitting and hoping, and floating the ball in, so it hangs lovely for the keeper, and Andy king, enough said on that.

We saw early on he has something, but not with these clowns giving him service.

12 minutes ago, Anish said:

Everyone who is saying that he doesn't get service and he's lethal in or around the box - what about that chance he had on the edge of the box where he had a free shot on goal and scuffed it so badly that it went out for a throw-in? He simply doesn't put himself about - his movement in the area is poor and slow, he's never attacking crosses. His touch and passing ability is atrociuos and the fact that he doesn't even jump or challenge for the high balls is infuriating as a fan.

yawn.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Shit today and seems to be lacking in confidence but I'm convinced he would score goals if we actually created anything. 

There were crosses going in, he just never attacked them. Ulloa did more in 25minutes than he did all game.

Archived