Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

Do you want to keep Ranieri as manager?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Should we keep Ranieri as manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

It's one of those Head/Heart situations and unfortunatly in football its the head decisions that count.

We are dropping like a lead baloon and CR doesn't show any signs of changing it. Either CR makes the changes that are needed else he has to go.

I am not one of these to get relegated and say "It's all okay because we won the league last year". I want to remain in the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I'll summarise my view on your positon

Because people have developed severely unrealistic expectations as to this status of our club

just because other clubs seem to feel justified in sacking managers after 5 mins doesn't mean we should follow suit, but, fortunately our owners seem to have a very strong moral principles and they won't sack the man who was instrumental in creating one of the greatest sporting miracles in the history of team sport because we've had a slightly wobbly start to the season

i stand by my position and am genuinely perplexed that people are asking the "should we sack him?" question... why on earth would we do that?

It's not after 5 minutes and its not after a poor start. We are halfway through the season. The start finished ages ago.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So 56% want rid all I can say is it won't happen unless we go down.

In the great escape by now we had been bottom for weeks not won in months. Also we had road and a choke hold yet NP remained.

So i don't see our owners pulling the trigger unless we are burried.

In the great escape by now it had been less than 24 hours since our last win. I don't know what road and a choke hold is, but the point thats been made about the fact that we were in every game must have counted in Pearson's favour.

We were not as bad as we have been this season and certainly do not have the excuse of being a budget, newly-promoted side.

I actually voted undecided... I think it's too soon to sack him personally but one glaringly obvious point seems to be lost on some people...

If he gets credit for last season he has to take some responsibility for this season...

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

I actually voted undecided... I think it's too soon to sack him personally but one glaringly obvious point seems to be lost on some people...

If he gets credit for last season he has to take

some responsibility for this season 

He has to take credit for last season but you are right he also has to take the blame for this seasons shambles

stay up we just need to stay up

even if it's a last minute goal off someone's bum that keeps us up on goal difference or some shit like that I couldn't give a Fock as long as we stay up

On 12/26/2016 at 22:06, Mickyblueeyes said:

I think it's more of a case as to what benefits Leicester City collectively. This rubbish that the man has earnt more time than someone else is commendable but it's rubbish. This, like anything else is a business first and foremost. The higher up you are in a business the more accountable you're to it's failings (except if your name is Phillip Green, apparently!) 

ranieri got the plaudits last year but just as the players we praised repeatedly last year are now being criticised and people having no qualms about them being replaced, the manager should not be any different. The signings, tactics, fitness levels and in game decision making are all to contribute to this awful run as much as the players not doing what they did last year. 

I, like any other fan loved last year but I can't see us finish say 17th and think it's cause for celebration. Success breeds expectation and in this instance, a successful manager has been backed by his chairman. That, at present has not been repayed. It either changes or he goes - leicester city over anyone else in my opinion.

Totally agree,

Leicester city fc first and foremost , players and managers come and go.

It is the responsibility of the owners to make sure that success is achieved at all costs .

LCFC is a business and should be run as one .

Goes further then CR, our recruitment in the summer when the club was as attractive as possible, was atrocious! 

We need at minimum of one quality centre back, two centre mids and a number 10. We end up with two freebies in Zilger and Henandez, both not upto the task.

Mendy not seen enough to judge, a polish kid who disappeared and two strikers for the combine total of £50 million who can't get in the first 11! 

Tactical CR has been found out, we haven't adapted to the challenge of teams sitting off. We need better creativity, we have no plan B 

I would love to give him as much time as he needs. However, relegation would be disastrous for us and the owners wouldn't tolerate it.

We've got a tricky run coming up in the new year- if we lose the next two, we're in trouble. Be interesting to see what happens if we do- there's a growing amount of unrest and frustration, but it hasn't really bubbled over yet. It's the manner of the defeats which are most concerning though. If we lose the next two games without even trying to win them, I think the worry of relegation will start to outweigh the sentiment of last season for a good number of City fans.

Claudio hasn't shown anything to suggest that he has a plan to get us out of it- he still has my backing, but as it stands there aren't 3 teams worse than us. Lose the next 2 and I'll be worried.

5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

The big difference for me is tranfer policy. I honestly think CR has asked for a bigger role in this aspect and probably a contributing factor to Walsh leaving. 

I remember when Pearson was very conservative when we signed a player. I.e. Players on 3 year 2.5 year contracts but the difference this year is we have players like Hernandez, Musa, Kaputzka on 4 or 5 year deals. It just smacks of poor business to me, now if we can't get rid of them players, if they continue not to cut we are faced with a huge financial outlay for little return. 

We we need to sort it out and also go back to signing British players or proven prem quality, too many players from different leagues who need time to adjust

Something happened to turn Walsh off. I don't buy he wanted to be nearer his Family line being trotted out. Up to last year he had pretty much a free hand in Scouting targets and signings. 

Then we appoint Rudkin probably over Walsh and everything changed. Or CR wanted more say in who we signed. Whatever it pissed Walsh off and he wanted out.

Such decisions are what makes or breaks a Club. No one is indispensable but when you have proven quality in such an important position then you do everything to keep them happy.

Companies take out insurance against the loss of Key men in business all the time as they recognise the importance of loosing key personal. This decision coupled with the poor preparation for the new season certainly didn't help.  What's happened since is further proof that Walsh new what was likely to happen and didn't want to be associated with it. He was right and everyone else at the club proved wrong. i sincerely hope that the Club and the Owners have learned something from this experience in that if you fail to prepare properly then you prepare to fail.We are where we are now and CR has to take a lot of the blame. He picks the team and I assume signs off on new signings. Signings have been average to poor and also highlights Rudkins lack of experience in this area. Education is always expensive and we're paying a heavy price for it now. for all CR experience he seems blinded to our short comings and continues to stick with an attacking policy when clearly it's not working and we need to go defensive while we pick up some points. We need to sign some quality now no matter what it cost's in order to protect our premiership status.

Then we can regroup learn from our mistakes and go again next year.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Something happened to turn Walsh off. I don't buy he wanted to be nearer his Family line being trotted out. Up to last year he had pretty much a free hand in Scouting targets and signings. 

Then we appoint Rudkin probably over Walsh and everything changed. Or CR wanted more say in who we signed. Whatever it pissed Walsh off and he wanted out.

Such decisions are what makes or breaks a Club. No one is indispensable but when you have proven quality in such an important position then you do everything to keep them happy.

Companies take out insurance against the loss of Key men in business all the time as they recognise the importance of loosing key personal. This decision coupled with the poor preparation for the new season certainly didn't help.  What's happened since is further proof that Walsh new what was likely to happen and didn't want to be associated with it. He was right and everyone else at the club proved wrong. i sincerely hope that the Club and the Owners have learned something from this experience in that if you fail to prepare properly then you prepare to fail.We are where we are now and CR has to take a lot of the blame. He picks the team and I assume signs off on new signings. Signings have been average to poor and also highlights Rudkins lack of experience in this area. Education is always expensive and we're paying a heavy price for it now. for all CR experience he seems blinded to our short comings and continues to stick with an attacking policy when clearly it's not working and we need to go defensive while we pick up some points. We need to sign some quality now no matter what it cost's in order to protect our premiership status.

Then we can regroup learn from our mistakes and go again next year.

A lot of the so called poor signings we've made had been scouted by Walsh for many months. 

Personally i think Walsh did the best work he'll ever do for us in the championship and with Kante, but his targets in the summer have so far proven to be poor and we might be better off without him long term.

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

So 56% want rid all I can say is it won't happen unless we go down.

In the great escape by now we had been bottom for weeks not won in months. Also we had road and a choke hold yet NP remained.

So i don't see our owners pulling the trigger unless we are burried.

The question is "should we keep Ranieri ?" and 56% have voted yes.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

It's like the EU referendum again, they don't understand what they are voting for.:frantics::teehee:

You should run for president of the world!

Then again I'd want a different Strokes to run the world.. yes i would now..

23 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can someone point us in the direction of the evidence which suggests he can turn this situation around, considering his managerial past of course.

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

No. It's blind faith. Which, to be fair, might happen or not.

But there's little logical argument to suggest our fortunes are radically going to change at present. The transfer window could be a crucial one for us.

Ranieri...little tip...sort the midfield out.

His time with Cagliari in the early 90s saw him battling after promotion and they stayed up and went on thereafter.

You could also argue his time at Monaco shows he can pull teams together to perform so in actual fact he possibly can turn the situation around accounting from his past...

After demolishing Man City, one could argue that we were unlucky not to get a point at Bournemouth and were flat-out robbed by Pawson at Stoke. Had we gotten that draw and win, then we'd be sitting in 12th on goal difference (above those two sides, coincidentally). We looked pretty decent in the first half against Everton, even with three starters out. 

Claudio is our man-- we'll be safe at the end of the season while building an impressive corps of young players who will serve the club well for the future.

4 hours ago, Barky said:

A lot of the so called poor signings we've made had been scouted by Walsh for many months. 

Personally i think Walsh did the best work he'll ever do for us in the championship and with Kante, but his targets in the summer have so far proven to be poor and we might be better off without him long term.

I hear what you say but is there any proof to say that these were his choices. For instance we know he didn't fancy Mendy and had to fight hard to get Kante. He also wanted us to sign Idressa Gueye from Villa in the Summer for a mere 7 Million and he's gone on to be a Star in the Everton team. These are the type of decisions which may have contributed to him deciding to leave.

Walsh did do very well for us in the Championship but you have tp remember the task is a lot easier than in the premiership.

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I hear what you say but is there any proof to say that these were his choices. For instance we know he didn't fancy Mendy and had to fight hard to get Kante. He also wanted us to sign Idressa Gueye from Villa in the Summer for a mere 7 Million and he's gone on to be a Star in the Everton team. These are the type of decisions which may have contributed to him deciding to leave.

Walsh did do very well for us in the Championship but you have tp remember the task is a lot easier than in the premiership.

The fact that we'd been scouting the likes of Musa for a long time is about as much proof as you're going to get. Nobody on here really knows who Walsh recommended or who he didn't. It's all just speculation. For whatever reason some people like to come up with these conspiracy theories which conveniently absolve Walsh of all blame for signings that are unproven but give him every bit of credit for the ones that have worked. Which is obviously quite unrealistic.

23 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Is Gueye really a 'star' for Everton? He's been ok, done pretty well but Everton ain't much really are they?

Dont get me wrong, he's miles better than King or Amartey IMO, but 'a star'? Nah not really.

Archived