Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Leicester star Demarai Gray films himself inhaling potentially lethal 'hippy crack'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leicester-star-demarai-gray-films-9544483

The balloon’s about to go up for this Leicester City star – filmed inhaling potentially lethal laughing gas.

Demarai Gray, 20, posted the video online just hours after the Premier League ­champions crashed to a Boxing Day defeat.

The Foxes ace recorded himself inhaling from a balloon, the standard way of taking nitrous oxide, known as hippy crack.

The effects of the latest party craze are said to mimic crack cocaine or heroin.

It is a legal high but anti-drug campaigners and the Government’s drugs advice website warn that inhaling the gas deprives the brain of oxygen and can kill.

Now £20,000-a-week Gray, whose form has slumped this season, faces a dressing down from club bosses over the incident.

A source said: “He sent the video out himself on Snapchat, which was a really silly thing to do. He is meant to be looking after himself and staying fit and healthy – and this is pretty irresponsible behaviour.

“His bosses won’t be happy and there’s a chance he’s got a clause in his contract which bans players from taking substances like this.”

Gray posted the film following the relegation-threatened champions’ 2-0 home defeat by Everton. Dancing with a pal in a hotel suite, the winger can be seen with an inflated balloon hanging from his mouth. The captions says “pro-partier” and “lifesrealgoodonthisside”.

In another shot Gray – back on the pitch on Saturday as City beat West Ham 1-0 – is on his back, his eyes shut with the black balloon. Underneath is the misspelt caption “finsihdd”.

The player, tipped as a future England star, appears to be the latest in a line of Premier League names – including Spurs’ Kyle Walker and Man City’s Raheem Sterling – to have been pictured taking part in the craze.

Gray signed for the Foxes last January for £3.65million. He has made 13 appearances, scoring once. The source said: “Fans won’t be happy Gray has been doing this after a defeat.”

Drug advice website Frank warns nitrous oxide can kill. It says: “When inhaled it can make people feel euphoric. This has led to it being nicknamed ‘laughing gas’. Some people also experience ­hallucinations. However, there is a risk of death as a lack of oxygen can occur.”

The risks are similar to those faced by sufferers of the condition pernicious anaemia. Nitrous oxide is usually used by dentists to relieve pain.

England stars Sterling, 22, Walker, 26, and West Brom’s Saido Berahino, 23, have been pictured with the gas. All three issued apologies.

Leicester City said: “We expect the highest standards of behaviour from our players and for them to respect their position as role models. The matter has been discussed with Demarai, he has apologised for his poor judgement and accepted the internal ­disciplinary process.”

Legal high can starve the brain of oxygen

By Martyn Hooper MBE, Pernicious Anaemia Society chairman

People inhaling nitrous oxide, the second most common recreational drug after cannabis, are playing with fire.

Evidence from the late Sixties shows dental nurses giving patients nitrous oxide as an anaesthetic suffered low vitamin B12. The gas neutralises the vitamin, which is vital to produce red blood cells that transport oxygen around the body. Without these healthy blood cells you get very tired and your cognitive function decreases.

A normal diet can replenish B12, but if it’s dangerously low it can lead to serious and irreversible nerve damage, affecting the spinal cord and causing numbness in the fingers and feet. At the very worst someone can lose the ability to walk

There’s also a very definite risk that nitrous oxide can starve the brain of oxygen.

It can lead to behavioural problems, issues with memory and cases of serious psychotic incidents.

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Fooking idiot, what ever you do in your private life is up to you. Until you post it on social media.

He has a game in less than 48 hours and does this. Not good enough I'm afraid and probably shouldn't be in the squad for the Boro game.

He did it earlier in the week, not today.

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Similar to crack and heroin!!Feck me I was mugged off with my balloon. A mild grin and a wee fart was all I got.

Bloody tabloid shite. Silly boy mind you.

That bit made me laugh, I've never taken either but the effects are said to be pretty different.

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

lol The state of this. It's a ridiculous story to report on but after the same stories have leaked about other players it's equally as ridiculous to do it.

He doesn't strike me as the brightest person.

Unless you're Gazza then the best footballers are usually the brightest. Gray is young, fit, good at running into defenders, and clearly a bit thick. Get rid.

Good job snap chat and social media wasn't around in the 70's and 80's. This ballon bollux is nothing compared to what players got up to back in the day. It's all a load of hot air. Nothing to see here. Move on...

Archived