Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
murphy

Your favourite player in Leicester City history

Only a couple of mentions of keepers.

Banks then Shilton were both world class.KS is not far off.

Outfield has to be Weller, that cup goal v Luton was magnificant, only shame was City fans were down the opposite end.

I also liked the Tank,City through and through.

The first player i can really remember as a kid liking was Mike Whitlow, he had an absolute hammer of a left foot.

Then in following years, I really liked Kasey Keller and had the unusual goalkeeper kit with the stars and moon shapes.

As the Martin O'Neill era grew, Matt Elliott, Steve Guppy, Emile Heskey, Tony Cottee were all favourites.

Then moving on, favourites were a bit harder to come by. Micky Adams did well in having Dickov and Deane who i liked.

In modern times, I like the vast majority of the players Ranieri has at his disposale, after Pearson weeded out the idiots.

When I was 5, I wanted to be a footballer like Len Glover.  

Alan Young was phenomenal.   In the days of one sub, when he replaced injured Wallington in goal, was knocked unconscious claiming a cross but still returned to play a part in a 5-2 FA Cup quarter final win, he became legend.  Steve Lynex replaced him in goal.

To many, my first match was Leicester v Cambridge United play-off semi final loved Tommy Wright and Rooster Russell who came to my primary school a year or so before, but as i got to seconday school soon changed to Julian Joachim who i used to pretend to be at brake time an dinner time playing football used to get called Joachim when playing.

Steve Walsh was another favourite proper hardman, captain, legend.

Gary Parker was another great passer of the ball styled my own footballing style on him and latter Scholes.

Muzzy Izzet proper player.

Vardy my favourite atm.

Honourable mention. Matt Elliot, Schmichael, Drinkwater, Heskey, Knockeart, Kitson, Iwan Roberts, Steve Thompson, David Oldfield.

p.s just remembered Mike Galloway and comebacks.

Archived