Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Jeff > Emile oh my days,

I guess the academy can claim they have funded 2 out of the 3 biggest sales in our history, unless I have forgotten a fee inbetween?

Chillwell to Liverpool in the summer for £18m to add to that.

Personally quite disappointed and despite the majority of opinions I don't think Palace are doing a bad deal here.

Generally he has improved year on year here and whilst admittedly he can be frustrating as he is inconsistent he does have some real qualities with his pace and power. He was part of the squad last year and played his part in us achieving the title.

He has had a number of personal challenges and has got his head turned so no choice but to move him on but I think the deal structure makes it more marginal than it appears.

£12m maybe the headline but it is materially less up front and time will tell if we got a good deal.

Brady and Ramirez fare not upgrades imo.

I'll miss Jeff, for a lot of reasons (not for only buying the shirt with his name on it - but knew that would speed up the deal!).

He has really become part of the furniture, which makes saying goodbye that much harder.  Most of the memories, apart from the West Ham classic mentioned earlier, have been when he's come on as an impact sub and turned the impetuous around for us.  Spurs, West Ham spring to mind.  

Also, that game when he first played left back, and was overlapping with Lloydy.  Woof! How it could have been!! 

Ok, onwards and upwards, that old couch is off to a new owner now, and I have some dosh to go down the pub! 

36 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Really.

I see him being the next mattock or stearman not sure the hype matches the ability.

Nah Chilwell is better than Mattock. Mattock couldn't hack it at WBA so they binned him off to the Championship and at 26 he now plays at Rotherham. Stearman was better than Mattock and actually spent several seasons in the Premier League. .

Chilwell has shown more potential than both.

All the best Shlupp, he has made an impact in some big games.... also the reverse, which sums him up for me.

A player who you see tearing his opposite number apart one week and then the next game you scratching your head on how this man ever became a professional footballer!

Anyone know what Palace fans view on this are?

Excited? Worried because of our opinions?

Look he can be great and because he's been with us for so long I am abit sad to see him go but he's not great that often and for £12m, we're having their pants down really, that said he'll probably become amazing instantly and consistantly knowing our luck!

Archived