Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Premier League winner for Leicester City = Legend.

I've got to be honest, i'm gobsmacked that people can't get that around their heads.

Don't be daft. To me a legend is a person who has done extraordinary things of his own volition, not one of a huge bunch of people, just because the group did something brilliant!

49 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

People banging on about how much he is the price is about right. He's 24 he's got 10/11 years left in him. Jordan Ibe was 15m and can only play on the wing. Schlupp can play LB LM or even upfront if someone's injured so for 12.5m your getting a good deal there's not many players in the premier now that cost below 10m.

He can play averagely at best in those positions.

7 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Feels good to be the ones ripping off a other club for once! I like Schlupp but £12m for such a limited player is insane. Can't remember the last time we got such a good deal for selling a player 

He has the ability to be a match winner, he's just not worked out how to use that ability yet. Good luck to him, but I do hope this doesn't come back and bite us on the ar$e

Am I grateful for Schlupp's service to Leicester City? Yes. Do I consider Jeff a club legend? Certainly not. In 40 years time I'll be talking about Vardy, King, Mahrez, Kante, Schmeichel, Drinkwater etc. and ofcourse, Claudio. I can't see myself talking about Nathan Dyer, Inler, Schlupp, Benaloune, Schwarzer, De Laet etc. in the same sentence as the others.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Am I grateful for Schlupp's service to Leicester City? Yes. Do I consider Jeff a club legend? Certainly not. In 40 years time I'll be talking about Vardy, King, Mahrez, Kante, Schmeichel, Drinkwater etc. and ofcourse, Claudio. I can't see myself talking about Nathan Dyer, Inler, Schlupp, Benaloune, Schwarzer, De Laet etc. in the same sentence as the others.

I get the whole overused 'legend' thing

its a squad game and I'm happy to remember (long into the future) any player who played their part in our greatest ever season...  he did his bit and earned his car and played his part in creating the Leicester title winning side legend

go on Jeff... have fun @ Palace and knock a few in and ruffle the feathers of a few right backs

i liked him and enjoyed having him here...

Close to also signing Evra. I can't imagine what he will think When he has schlupp in front of him week in week out...  saying that Jeff played well with cambiasso talking him through the whole match in the escape season so it may just work 

Archived