Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Donut

IF Ranieri HAS lost the Dressing Room, How Did This Happen?

43 minutes ago, Eskay said:

I agree with you mate - they are essentially a bunch of mates chatting about football and are likely to make things out bigger than they are.

One thing that was mentioned was Kasper and his old man stirring the pot a bit. I know somebody who knows Kasper very well (he still lives up in Manchester and travels to Leicester). I've heard he can be a bit of a diva and his old man still has a huge influence on his footballing life.

Wasn't his Dad supposedly "in the mix" for the Leicester job last Summer? Probably hoping Ranieri goes and he can have another go at it. 

Some of the decisions ranieri was making earlier in the season were very strange given the impact they had, yet he persisted in them. Using schlupp (ignoring gray) when he was utter doggo spring to mind.

Then in recent weeks he has tried to change things against the players will as by his own admission before the man city game, they wanted to stick to 442. 

Now with some players leaving for afcon and others becoming available DD, ndidi and mendy... It looks like the dressing room is having a bit of unrest.

Tbh, for the wages they are on.... They need to just buy into everything ranieri is telling them to do. Let's see what 442 will bring with our current personal who will different to the amartey/king problems we had earlier

Ranieri's caught in a trap of his own - and, presumably, our owner's making  - I'm truly sorry to say so.

Pre-season was like a carnival rather than a serious exercise to prepare a revamped squad for the Premiership battle ahead.

We had no chance to get the team properly fit and blended as a unit.

We also went down the questionable path of rewarding some players more for our title success than others which is hardly likely to be an aide to team spirit and, worse still, the focus of our pre-season was being constantly disturbed by the kind of press speculation we could have done without.

So, new players coming in didn't get proper chance to settle and by the season's start we still hadn't mended the flaws in our team that we knew to exist, particularly with the premature departure of Kante when we hadn't got a fit and proven replacement.

Nor had we signed an attacking right back, a creative midfield player or an option at centre-half.

How anyone could imagine Hernandez filling either role I've no idea.  He made a land-locked seal seem quick when I watched him and never showed the commitment of Huth and Morgan in a crisis even from day one. Did our manager ever approve his signing? I can't imagine it but if he did he's got even more to answer for than I thought.     

Who did we sign who's added anything to our squad - and with all the money we could wish for to widen the choice? Slimani that I can think of and that's it. .

So in seeking to strengthen a title winning team, we've actually lost one vital cog in our machine and added what amounts to a lot of questionable accessories, apart from Slimani and that must be going down great with the title winners.        

Doesn't Ranieri and our owners realise it's quality not quantity we need and even then, our first requirement is to strengthen the weaker parts of our wall first. It's just not been done.

Buying for the future is theoretically important, but it's an iffy excercise when we don't appear to develop players particularly well and, in any case, our pressing priority is the current first team and making sure it sets the standards we expect.    

But so much money has been wasted for very little in return this season. It's almost like our foreign aid budget! 

Still, if we cash in quick, I'm sure 400 million euros and change will buy another team if necessary! :D  

Trouble is I've no idea what we'll do with the one we've got cos they won't be going anywhere for the wages that we pay em and suddenly those long-term contracts don't look quite so clever. 

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

On the Guardian podcast last night they were saying that there are widespread rumours in the media that Ranieri is "wildly unpopular" in the dressing room and that a number of the senior players - led by Schmeichel - cannot stand him. It was implied that this is a personality issue more than a football one, that Ranieri is a very different character away from the cameras, and that things are coming to a "very sad end".

Judge for yourselves: from about 35.50 in

If that's truly the case then the sooner he's gone the better. 

the players all hit the big time last season and think they've made it, with all the interviews and the merchandising and being recognised everywhere they go!. not fighting as hard as last season because they know it will never be repeated, so if you can't do something again, why bother!. he's a great man Claudio i just don't see him as a man motivator being able to motivate players time after time, he's more of a don't worry i'm sure we'll get it right next time kind of guy!. are the players being told straight that the situation is unacceptable and cannot continue and they should pull their fingers out and get on with the job inhand

I'd say ranieri and the owners take a smaller portion of blame. The majority of the blame for our current situation should fall on the players.

The two main motivation ional factors for a player are money and acheivments... And these lot have had more that they ever expected especially with many of them at the latter end of their careers.

It's no coincidence chilwell and Gray (despite making a few bad decisions) appears to be giving much more than DD, albrighton, vardy etc. He younger and has potential to acheived a lot more in the future.

Most of the others have been spoilt by the owners with untold bonuses, free cars and more success then they could have ever dreamed of. 

I blame Ranieri for not being a stronger coach. When I see conte, capello, Jose mourinho, fergie, and other great coaches.... They don't let the players get away with wrong instructions on the pitch.... They make sure the players can see they are not happy following their instructions..... Again at Southampton and I also remember seeing ranieri do it against Porto - he saw they weren't doing what he wanted in a particular situation but in the end just resigned himself to well what can i do, they do the listen type body language. He should've been down their throats putting them straight. 

22 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Trouble is I've no idea what we'll do with the one we've got cos they won't be going anywhere for the wages that we pay em and suddenly those long-term contracts don't look quite so clever. 

Was not happy with the contract extensions. Pay rise yes but giving 29YO's 4/5 year contracts no. I dont think the owners or the club paid attention to what NP had to do on his return.

As for the "They earned it they won us the league"

Bollox they were paid got bonuses and a new car. We owed them nothing and at 29 definitely not a 4/5 year contract.

So the club is now stuck with these players. While they strangle the life out the club. Just like Gally and a few others did.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It was implied that this is a personality issue more than a football one, that Ranieri is a very different character away from the cameras, and that things are coming to a "very sad end".

Which to me is absolutely ****ing bizarre.

They are footballers paid to play football, if they don't have an issue with him on the footballing side then they need to grow the **** up and stop acting like spoilt little brats.

Do these same players who have an issue with the 'personality' of the man have a such a massive issue with the attitude, personality and outright criminal behaviour of Danny Simpson, or do they all forgive that because he has good birthday parties and is on the same mental level.

They have no right to perform the way they are because they don't like the personality of someone, it's utterly unacceptable and they need to show the paying public a bit more ****ing respect.

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Which to me is absolutely ****ing bizarre.

They are footballers paid to play football, if they don't have an issue with him on the footballing side then they need to grow the **** up and stop acting like spoilt little brats.

Do these same players who have an issue with the 'personality' of the man have a such a massive issue with the attitude, personality and outright criminal behaviour of Danny Simpson, or do they all forgive that because he has good birthday parties and is on the same mental level.

They have no right to perform the way they are because they don't like the personality of someone, it's utterly unacceptable and they need to show the paying public a bit more ****ing respect.

Don't think it's that easy. When you work for someone you don't like or you can't stand (for whatever reason) things can't become difficult and it has a direct impact on the performances. Everyone of us has their own theory about the players or the coach, but no one really knows exactly what's the reason for the fuss and how they act in private.

But when you look at the performances and the players attitude on the pitch, it seems to be clear that the alchemy between Claudio and the players ain't exactly great. I was absolutely shocked by some players facial expressions at St Mary's. Drinkwater comes to mind. Never ever seen him so pissed off.

Letting go of Kante far too easily, sent out the wrong message to the team and confused them. Made it look like we're considering ourselves a small club and not looking to build and retain on the next season. I think he allows himself to give to players demands too much. They want a new car and want the club to pay for it... they get one!, a double in wages... they get one!, want a brand new bigger house paid for by the club... they get one!.

I can imagine the dressing room must be split to while Morgan and Kasper are happy with there current contacts they look over and see Vardy and Mahrez flashing off pictures of there new car or house.

The other thing of note re Ranieri it appears he works better with smaller tight knit squads maybe where less decisions are required 

Examples: us this season 

Chelsea: fine getting them into that champs league. Abramovich takes over they get a whole load of new signings and then he fluffs it in the Monaco cl semi final by making a series of questionable changes 

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Letting go of Kante far too easily, sent out the wrong message to the team and confused them. Made it look like we're considering ourselves a small club and not looking to build and retain on the next season. I think he allows himself to give to players demands too much. They want a new car and want the club to pay for it... they get one!, a double in wages... they get one!, want a brand new bigger house paid for by the club... they get one!.

I can imagine the dressing room must be split to while Morgan and Kasper are happy with there current contacts they look over and see Vardy and Mahrez flashing off pictures of there new car or house.

Pardon? How did we let go of him far too easily? We had no choice, he had a release clause. The only thing we could have done is act very unprofessional and spouted off in the press and been unsavoury but legally we couldn't do anything.

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

On the Guardian podcast last night they were saying that there are widespread rumours in the media that Ranieri is "wildly unpopular" in the dressing room and that a number of the senior players - led by Schmeichel - cannot stand him. It was implied that this is a personality issue more than a football one, that Ranieri is a very different character away from the cameras, and that things are coming to a "very sad end".

Thanks for sharing this.

Sadly I think there is a lot of truth in this. For results and performances to have fallen off so much suggests more than we the fans can see. Sad times if true :(.

It could be a lot of things, the new players might not have the same level of desire, the old players seem to have lost the desire (which looks the case when you compare PL performance to CL ones) the feeling of having achieved what we did last year and knowing we 'll never do it again.

The players are getting away with murder from where I am standing though, I'm convinced the money, celebrity and fame has got to some of them, I've defended the lack of service Vardy has got but he's not pressuring anywhere near to the level he was last season, Mahrez rarely looks interested, we've gone from having no greedy players to having noticably ones, the defence is just a total shambles as well, it's a miracle we won the league with that back four.

The only one whose drop in form I can understand is Drinkwater giving he's had about 6 different partners next to him.

The signings since the title win have been a joke as well for the outlay they have cost, could have harmed trust between more senior players and the heirachy, either way, none of what has happened can be used an excuse for the sort of performance we saw on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

If that's truly the case then the sooner he's gone the better. 

if this is true, it's sad that again the players can throw their toys out the pram and get someone sacked. 

Why do we even have managers if players are able to dictate what they want to do anyway.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Thanks for sharing this.

Sadly I think there is a lot of truth in this. For results and performances to have fallen off so much suggests more than we the fans can see. Sad times if true :(.

but who suffers...the fans, we are looking at relegation in the face, people pay to support the club and in some cases a lot of money. If there is any truth in this and I was the owners, I'd call a press conference with all the players and make them explain to the fans (no media invited) why they choose to let us all down for the sake of someone they don't get on with.

There seems to be emerging a popular theory that Ranieri is a different character behind closed doors and is unpopular with the players.....

We only get a very narrow view of the situation and have to make guesses based on what we see and hear ..... But for me, if this was the case, if i was Ranieri I'd be accepting offers for those "trouble-making" players and replacing them - we'd be seeing a very active transfer window surely??????

15 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

He's too gentle, too kind. When everything clicks then it's okay, he manages to give a familial atmosphere (pizzas, trip to Dubai etc) in the dressing room and is (I suppose) the grand'pa. But never forget that most of footballers are also a bunch of brats.  No responsiblities whatsoever and they're not used to take decisions either. 

So when things started to go wrong, they turned to the coach hoping that he'll come with something because they'll never find it themselves anyway. Then they saw that there isn't a satisfying one and could get away with bad performances, so they stopped to fear or take him seriously, even more when he himself doesn't have a clear vision or solution. Shit displays followed one after another.

Too many games were thrown away for the sake of the Champions League, they played shit too long with the mindset that they were too good to go down, since they've won the league and the coach didn't manage to prevent it. Now the shit is real, the relegation battle has shown its ugly face and they're at loss. They became completely apathetic and I sincerely don't know if things didn't already go too far for Claudio to turn it around.

They've let Ranieri down as much as he let them down.

That's my theory.

Agreed, wasnt it reported last year Vardy always swearing at CR, all good and well when Vardy is the cream of the league. Not so good when seriously trying to address under performing form.

The Comebacks and fight from last year Villa, Stoke etc were installed in the NP era Man u springs to mind, plus never losing by more than 2 goals even with no confidence rooted at the bottom of the table.

These players heads are down with in minutes of kick off.

9 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Agreed, wasnt it reported last year Vardy always swearing at CR, all good and well when Vardy is the cream of the league. Not so good when seriously trying to address under performing form.

The Comebacks and fight from last year Villa, Stoke etc were installed in the NP era Man u springs to mind, plus never losing by more than 2 goals even with no confidence rooted at the bottom of the table.

These players heads are down with in minutes of kick off.

I think this is the new Leicester that i'm finding hardest to deal with, for the past few years we've always had such fight. I knew this season would be difficult, but this?

Archived