Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Kara Mbodji

Rudkin: "Hi Anderlecht. We're interesting in buying Mbodji. Would you accept £7.5m?"

Anderlecht: *under breath* Oh, not this prize tool... "Mr Rudkin! We may be interested in selling, but we would want £13m of your English Pounds."

Rudkin: "Wow, you drive a hard bargain, but you've twisted my arm. £8.5m it is."

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

No - I think this from the Nicky Maynard by Haydos was and probably might still be the most repped:

Hello Bristol City fans, look at your club, now back at ours, now back at your club, now back to ours. Sadly, your club isn't ours, but if it stopped being a little whiny bitch and brought in some dodgy foreign owners it could be like us.

Look down, back up, where are you? You're in the King Power Stadium supporting a club your club could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's a transfer request from Nicky Maynard. Look again, Nicky Maynard has now been sold. Anything is possible when your club is as massive as ours. 

We're on a horse.

Massive Bristol City lol

I forgot about the Maynard saga.

The premier league is the laughing stock of football when it comes to transfers. We pay 3 or 4 times what clubs on the continent pay for players. It's no wonder we end up without a league full of £10-15m players who can barely kick the ball straight.

How many times do we end up bidding a fortune on someone who went for a million euros or two the year before. God we were spoilt during the Pearson years in terms of quality of player for outlay.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The premier league is the laughing stock of football when it comes to transfers. We pay 3 or 4 times what clubs on the continent pay for players. It's no wonder we end up without a league full of £10-15m players who can barely kick the ball straight.

How many times do we end up bidding a fortune on someone who went for a million euros or two the year before. God we were spoilt during the Pearson years in terms of quality of player for outlay.

Yeah it certainly is going that way, especially in January. That's why this TV deal isn't as amazing for PL clubs as everyone first thought. The only time we get a good deal is when players have release clauses that seem low.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah it certainly is going that way, especially in January. That's why this TV deal isn't as amazing for PL clubs as everyone first thought. The only time we get a good deal is when players have release clauses that seem low.

How much would a proper scouting network cost? It has to be more cost effective than overspending on every transfer.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

How much would a proper scouting network cost? It has to be more cost effective than overspending on every transfer.

Or how much would an academy cost that's sole focus is on getting players from anywhere in the world and being good enough for the first team. Sounds straight forward and what you'd expect most clubs to be doing be we don't do that. I would rather we looked at this avenue rather than signing mediocre players for vast fees.

Our scouting network does seem to have diminished in the last 18 months.

27 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If we tried to sign Kante from Caen post TV deal it would probably be £12-15m. The minute that came into effect prices just sky rocketed. Selling clubs (from abroad or lower leagues, £15m for Scott Hogan what?) know they can fleece PL clubs.

Fleece away the domestic lower leagues have been ignored for too long. The more the money that filters down the better.

10 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I'd much rather not sign anyone and keep Benny than blow 10+mill on this crap. 

Why oh why did we not sign class in the summer when we had the chance! We're no more appealing than ****ing Burnley now!

Booooo

Harsh on Burnley 

48 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Doesn't that just prove he wants to play for us?

I get that but you have to admit if it was the other way round we would be furious because in our current predicament we aren't exactly attractive for football reasons are we.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I get that but you have to admit if it was the other way round we would be furious because in our current predicament we aren't exactly attractive for football reasons are we.

If we sign Mbodji and Ramirez then add in Slimani and 3 of our last 4 signings will have refused to play for their selling team. Slimani went on strike last season after not being sold, Mbodji has previous for it and is now refusing to return to his club and Ramirez also has previous. Not good in my opinion.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If we sign Mbodji and Ramirez then add in Slimani and 3 of our last 4 signings will have refused to play for their selling team. Slimani went on strike last season after not being sold, Mbodji has previous for it and is now refusing to return to his club and Ramirez also has previous. Not good in my opinion.

I agree. Imagine if Slim didn't return after ACON, We would be completely shafted.

39 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I'd much rather not sign anyone and keep Benny than blow 10+mill on this crap. 

Why oh why did we not sign class in the summer when we had the chance! We're no more appealing than ****ing Burnley now!

Booooo

Because we'd just won the league and nobody expected us to drop off quite so badly. People wanted quality in the summer through some warped belief we could become a top club, not to avoid relegation... nobody thought we'd be in this mess.

Archived