Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Wesley Hoedt

5 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

David Amoyal has watched more Serie A than your good self, even you can't deny that!

Not sure who that is. Is he one of your twitter boyfriends?

Hoedt isn't a Huth or a Shawcross. They're slow centre halves and they've had very good Premier League careers. Serie A is a league full of quick defenders. Miranda, Koulibaly, Manolas, Rudiger, Tonelli, Chiellini... It's a league built on defending.

The lad is solid. He doesn't make many mistakes but doesn't have many stand out games (as you'd expect from a kid). For 9m when we're desperate for someone to come in as cover until the summer when we can get some first choice players in he'll be fine.

Just now, Max Power said:

Being Dutch can I assume he can play a little bit of football rather than aimless hoofs everytime the ball is at his feet? 

Thats how i see it from youtube.

He has a tidy touch and the long balls i saw were pinged to the wingers feet as opposed to hoofed.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He doesn't even start every game for them, they signed him on a free as cover, he's got an estimated market value of 3m.

Sounds exactly the sort of player we'd spend nine million on.

In order to sort out our defence this season he'll need to do the work of 3 men!

42 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Not sure who that is. Is he one of your twitter boyfriends?

Hoedt isn't a Huth or a Shawcross. They're slow centre halves and they've had very good Premier League careers. Serie A is a league full of quick defenders. Miranda, Koulibaly, Manolas, Rudiger, Tonelli, Chiellini... It's a league built on defending.

The lad is solid. He doesn't make many mistakes but doesn't have many stand out games (as you'd expect from a kid). For 9m when we're desperate for someone to come in as cover until the summer when we can get some first choice players in he'll be fine.

Boyfriend? What a tool you are, he's the editor of one of Italy's biggest football outlets and writes for Sky and ESPN. Clearly you don't know Serie A as well as you think (from your bedroom)!

Restricted again zzzz

Shawcross, Carrager and John Terry are slow as **** but tthey've bad good PL careers, great career in Terry's case. 

I want my defenders to be able to defend and and be comfortable on the ball.  Pace is a bonus but not a must.

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Being Dutch can I assume he can play a little bit of football rather than aimless hoofs everytime the ball is at his feet? 

The YouTube video posted on page one shows he's got ncredible technique and a beautiful left foot.

Archived